“Not worth the money.”

Dining options: Breakfast
Seattle, Washington
“Not worth the money.”
Reviewed 24 April 2013 via mobile

I heard many amazing things about this place and went to check it out last weekend for breakfast. I must say, they have a very extensive menu but the food is mediocre, especially considering how much they charge! The crepes are so overpriced and they aren't even cooked properly; they were doughy and my strawberries were half brown. The potato pancakes, are NOT potato pancakes. I don't know what they use to make them but I tasted absolutely no potato...it tasted like grits and cornmeal, it was quite disgusting! Someone needs to give them a recipe for REAL potato pancakes!

• Visited April 2013

Seattle, Washington
“Good breakfast fare”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I expected a wait in line on a Saturday morning with a party of at 9AM but happily we had a table in just five minutes. FYI by the time we left there was a line out the door. However, if you do have a wait they offer snacks. At the table the orders covered the full range of breakfast fare from pancakes to bacon and eggs. Everyone enjoyed their meal. I had the banana pancakes which were good. Nothing extraordinary but definitely good. I would not go out of my way to eat here but would definitely go again to meet friends etc.

• Visited March 2013
Bellevue, Washington
“Pay more, get less.”
Reviewed 21 December 2012

The Original Pancake House used to be our go-to breakfast place in Kirkland. They had consistently good food at a good value and there were few choices that were nearly as good.

Unfortunately, now they have upped their prices considerably and reduced what you get for that price.

For example, the Home Fries and Eggs was my main pick. At $7, it was an awesome value because you got a huge helping of home fries, two eggs, three pancakes, AND toast. Now, that same dish is $9.50, you get half the amount of home fries and you can choose pancakes OR toast. Also, toast is a $2.75 addition. The side you used to get was 2 full slices of toast. Now for almost $3 you get ONE piece of toast. So to get the same thing I used to get for $7, I have to pay $12.25!!!

The same formula goes across the menu. Charge you more and give you less.

When there weren't as many choices, I could perhaps justify some of this. But to nearly double the prices one some of their best value items is just stupid when there are tons of great places to go in Kirkland.

After being a long time customer, I don't think I'll be going back to The Original Pancake House until they demonstrate they are a good value again.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Dino-pravo
North Vancouver, Canada
“Down home hospitality”
Reviewed 5 December 2012

A good old fashioned diner feel, both in the service and ambience. Maybe a tad more upscale than "diner", but just barely. It has a warm, friendly feel and good breakfasts!

Visited December 2012
“Party cake Party cake; Omlettes galore”
Reviewed 27 November 2012 via mobile

Busy place; but coffee and teaser treats while you wait!! Efficient staff and never ending refills on decent (not your typical pancake house dirty water) coffee. Multiple cake choices and fluffy Omlettes that look like your own egg cake! I'll be back, soon I hope!