“The real DEAL when It comes to Pancakes” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 263 Restaurants in Kirkland
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Seattle WA
“The real DEAL when It comes to Pancakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Love this place. Its so cute with pine siding inside, clean tables and very efficient staff that always smile. I didn't care for the waffles. The crepes with fresh berries was great. I ordered one and that was a ton of food (you can order as many as three +) The stacks of pancakes in many flavors are great and the potato pancakes are great too. I didn't care for the corned beef hash, eggs are good and arrive nice and hot. So as you can see I go there all the time. If you see me there say hi. Hope you try it out.

Visited June 2014

Kirkland, Washington
“Love the blueberry pancakes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

If you really want to relax and enjoy this breakfast spot, don't try to go on the same day as everyone. Mid-week is certainly better than weekends for a relaxed, leisurely breakfast. They are incredibly efficient. Service is very fast and quite accurate. They strive to keep it moving - tables cleaned off promptly (could be a little quieter), orders taken quickly, orders served promptly. At times it seems a little too harried; but if you're the next group waiting to be seated, you're happy they move people on through. They cook your eggs to order; and if they are not as ordered they will replace them. Bacon is crisp, potatoes are not greasy! Coffee is nice and robust - always fresh. We'd all like an ambiance that is a little more relaxed and softer; but considering the number of people who are served in any given day, it's OK. Consider what it is you are looking for in your experience, and you will probably be well served.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Olympia, Washington
“Slow start, great finish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

This is a primo chain with excellent selections that are always well prepared. When we arrived, we were greeted and seated with menus quickly. That's when everything went into s-l-o-w m-o-t-i-o-n. Our very nice server had no sense of urgency or memory... fortunately we were not in a hurry. Not only did a considerable amount of time lapse before our order was taken, it took an inordinate amount of time to receive our incomplete order. Although we were told my husband's toast would be out in a minute, I had to signal the server 5 minutes into our meal to inquire about the toast. Oh, she had forgotten - at least she admitted it. She slathered butter on the cold hard toast and brought it out. I had ordered my favorite - international crepes with sour cream filling, lingonberries, and citrus syrup. Since I love those flavors and had some toppings remaining, I asked the server for small to-go cups so I could take the remainder with me. She surprised me by bringing me full carry out containers of both the lingonberries and citrus syrup, redeeming her previous lackluster performance!!! YUMMY!!!

Visited January 2014
Kirkland, Washington
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Good place to go with family. Long wait and the quantity is too big for one person. Definitely worth it.

Visited July 2013
Albuquerque Nm Usa
“Not like it used to be back in the 90s/Oughts to be sure”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

Lived in PDX from 95' to 07' and have actually been to this location around 01' when visiting friends in near Redmond. Love the OPH. Was back at this location for vacation to visit friends recently and chat and eat. Bummer. Busy as usual (no prob-expected).

However, the food was not up to snuff and the sequencing of service was borderline absurd. Let me explain. I ordered an omelette. They are huge. The menu states they can take 45 mins. to prepare. Understood. HOWEVER, it's very funny when the omelette arrives after about 40-45 mins. BUT not the potatoes nor toast that comes with the order. WTF? Don't tell me potatoes AND toast take longer to make than a 45 min. omelette? Well, lo and behold, AFTER I had to track down the waiter and ask just such a Q did I learn that the potato cooker was not in that Sunday and that is why (excuses, excuses). Note, this was never mentioned until I asked about it-I guess the smug OPH waiter assumed I was a 1/2 hour waiting for a table sucker. Well, never again. We don't have OPHs in the SW and so I can live without ever returning.

Additionally, I ordered the corned beef hash omelette with cheddar hoping it would be a great variation on their classic ham and cheddar omelette that I always order and it was a huge disappointment. I don't know where they are procuring their cheddar now but the rich, dense and sharp flavor of the cheddar I knew from the mid 90s to the mid oughts was nowhere to found in the omelette I consumed.

• Visited July 2013