“Don't count on your reservation”

Courtyard Seattle Kirkland
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
Kirkland, Washington
“Don't count on your reservation”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I made a reservation 10 days in advance of my stay--this was confirmed multiple times by the hotel. When I arrived, the manager told me that they could not give me the room that I had reserved. Their offer was to give us a smaller room (that would not accommodate my family) at regular charge. They did nothing to attempt to comp my room or find an equal room at another location--they turned us away. We've stayed at this hotel one other time without issue (other than the furniture in the room (king suite) was very uncomfortable) but Marriott has lost our business permanently.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank E J
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this review, 16 June 2013
Dear E.J.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor and for choosing to stay at Courtyard by Marriott Seattle-Kirkland. We sincerely apologize for all that transpired during your arrival process and not having been able to deliver our promise on your room preferences. Unfortunately, due to very limited quantities of this room type and prolonged reservations of the in-house guests, your reserved room type wasn’t readily available upon arrival. I know that our Front Office Manager has been trying to reach out to you two days prior to reservation date to notify you of a possible unavailability of the reserved room type and to offer you other lodging solutions and options. Regrettably, we didn’t get a chance to speak to you prior to your arrival.

I am sorry we didn’t get a chance to resolve this situation before you left the hotel. We thought you went to the car to talk to your family about other room arrangements, and we were holding one of the rooms for you till late evening that night. We have many different options in our arsenal to resolve any discrepancies to your complete satisfaction. I am aware that we tried to offer you a different room type at a discounted rate with a variety of additional complementary services, all to compensate you for any possible inconveniences. I am very sorry we were unable to resolve this unfortunate situation to your satisfaction.

Though I am unable to undo your negative experience from last weekend, I do want to upend your less-then-perfect experience and win you back. If you will give us another chance, I will be more than happy to have you stay with us next time as my guests. Please contact me directly at the hotel, and I will ensure your next stay with us will be most enjoyable and problem-free. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to Courtyard by Marriott Seattle-Kirkland. Again, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Warm regards, Maxim Khokhlov, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

I am on the road for business every week and my requirements are a nice bed, pillow, bathroom, free and convient parking, wifi and food on-site. This property has it all. I was staying at Hilton Garden Inns recently trying to build up points for a future vacation; however, I am done with Hilton--courtyards are night and day better. I actually prefer courtyards to traditon Marroitt properties. The only downside is the walls are a bit thin. Dean the bartender was great and the young lady at check-in was wonderful. Great property and the price was very fair.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Auddy
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Dear Auddy,

Welcome to the Marriott Family! I’m glad that you have discovered Courtyard by Marriott hotels. Courtyard brand was designed By Business People – For Business People, so we understand what you need when you are on the road every week: prompt and easy check-in, pleasant dinner in the restaurant or in a comfort of your own room, comfortable bed and hot breakfast buffet in the morning – all to make your regular journeys less stressful and problem-free! Oh, and did I mentioned that Marriott Rewards program has been voted “the Best Rewards Program of the Year” for five years in a row?!! Our Rewards program offers the Best Redemption Abilities, Best Elite Level Benefits and Best Customer Service! Marriott Rewards has no blackout dates and members can earn and redeem points at more than 3,600 Marriott hotels around the world.

I also want to thank you for your complements about our staff. We are truly blessed with a wonderful staff and Dean is definitely one of the superstars on our team. I will most definitely pass on your praises to him and the rest of the team.

Thank you so much for your feedback. We’re glad that you have enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to see you again soon!

Bethpage, New York
Reviewed 10 June 2013

When we arrived, with our confirmation number for a king suite, we were given the key to a plain room with a king bed. I went back to the desk and asked for assistance , Thank goodness Mara was there to help us, she did whatever it was and we were in our king suite within minutes. The towels were rough and the cleaning staff didn't clean our room on two occasions. We were visiting our daughter who lives in Kirkland, we stayed at this hotel for 10 nights. The staff were pleasant and very courteous. The bed was alright at the Marriott, last year we stayed at the Hyatt house in Redmond.At the Hyatt House, the bed was the most comfortable bed i had ever slept in. Since our daughter moved from Redmond to Kirkland, we decided to try the Marriott. The couch at the Marriott in our suite was small and very uncomfortable. the televisions were smaller at the Marriott.

Room Tip: If you don't like street noise, do not get a room in front with the terrace, we had a suite 214...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear ekn0th,

Thank you for your detailed feedback, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 30 May 2013

While on a road trip, my husband and I decided not to book a hotel until we simply felt like calling it a night. Thus, when the night felt long and a bed sounded good, I hopped onto Trip Advisor, found this gem, and we drove up, and we were more than happy to discover a king suite was available.

The service was excellent - our front desk receptionist gave us a great deal on the room. The room was clean and very spacious compared to many similar 3.5-4 star accommodations, and everything felt tidy and new or newer. The only downside was a rather lackluster $13 per person breakfast, which we opted to skip out on in favor of a less expensive (and honestly, more filling) option.

I don't think the spendy mediocre meal merits a bad review, but it is certainly food for thought when planning your overnight stay. I would definitely stay here again, though I wouldn't eat the breakfast - particularly, when hotels nearby offer the same items for free!

Overall, this is still a solid A for me, because you can't beat a clean, quiet last minute purchase!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Dear Connoisseurs,

Thank you so much for sharing your story. We are delighted that you have chosen our hotel to call it a night! I appreciate your wonderful comments about our staff and hotel. Although breakfast is not included with our regular rates, we do offer a Stay for Breakfast Package which offers a great value. I hope you will try that package next time you will be staying with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Great staff, food, rooms and meeting areas. I wish public computers and printers were in a closed room. Sort of hangs in the lobby. No privacy. Other then thst all is cool.notsure what else do you want

• Stayed May 2013
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Dear twsplace,

Thank you for taking the time and providing us with your feedback. We are thrilled you had enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Fort Worth
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Clean, friendly staff, close by restaurants/grocery store (walking distance), convient access to 405. Rooms have a fridge & a microwave. Free wi-fi. There is complimentary coffee/tea/hot chocolate in the lobby near the check-in counter. Breakfast is NOT included in the base room price, but they do offer breakfast in the on-site restaurant or you can walk over to the QFC or Subway across the street.

Room Tip: If you don't like road noise, be sure to request a room on the courtyard side of the hotel as th...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Dear Nikki H,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate the kind comments about the hotel, our services and staff. We are looking forward to see you again soon!

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I came for 4-day workshop held in the hotel. Convenience and comfort couldn't be better!

Every single staff person was helpful and friendly. They went out of their way to accommodate my special requests, always with a genuine smile. Room was quiet, comfy, cozy and clean ... in all my favorite colors!... had everything i needed. Bed was perfectly comfortable. Traveling solo (which I don't often do), I felt very safe there. :D

Lobby and restaurant offered easy and comfy conversation areas. Breakfast crew was always friendly, cheery and accommodating, even for my vegan foodie needs. I got a yummy, healthy breakfast every morning.

The bar staff... also very friendly and helpful. They make their own sour mix... YUM!!

I had no car, but didn't need one. Everything I wanted was there or within very close walking distance. The funky little Mediterranean Kitchen cafe across the street provided excellent home cooked vegan fare for lunch and dinner... I never went to the Olive Garden once. Starbux was nearby... I spent a couple evenings there.

Never visited the 24/hr grocery store directly across the street until the very last evening so I'd have some food to bring on my flight home. It was safe to walk over in the dark and I found plenty of wholesome vegan travel foods to pack and bring along... all at normal prices.

Ruth, the laughing, red-haired woman who cleaned my room always left plenty of clean towels and washcloths when I needed them, folded in her personal artsy style!

Best of all, you can drink the water right out of the tap!! Y'all need to tell guests that.The first evening, I downed both pint-sized bottles of Fiji water, conveniently left on the desk @ $2.50 apiece. After sitting on a plane all day, I was very thirsty. It never even occurred to me to drink the tap water. It's delicious!! Hello!!

THANK YOU ALL for making my very first visit to the Pacific NW such a pleasant one!! :D

Room Tip: My second floor room had a single king-sized bed... plenty of room to move around. Nice big windows...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Dear TXYankee,

WOW! Thank you so much for the amazing feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to describe our hotel in such details. Comments like yours are the best commendation to our team and are great motivators for all of us! I will most definitely pass on your praises to Ruth and the rest of the team! We have a great team and we are proud to be represented by such wonderful individuals! We are looking forward to see you again soon!

Warm regards, Maxim Khokhlov, General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Baymont Inn & Suites Seattle/Kirkland WA
Comfort Inn Kirkland
Comfort Inn Kirkland
#6 of 9 in Kirkland
The Heathman Hotel Kirkland
Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Bellevue / Kirkland
Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond

Been to Courtyard Seattle Kirkland? Share your experiences!