“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 La Conner B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Washington
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is definitely one of the nicer places we have stayed. I normally prefer modern & contemporary but I quickly fell in love with this place. My husband & I spent 2 nights there & I would go back. It was clean and very comfortable. Everyone was so friendly - we got & gave hugs when we left. The breakfasts are amazing & the afternoon cookies are a meal! There was bottled water in our room each day & we didn't pay extra for it. It is walking distance to the Channel & restaurants & shops. They suggested & made reservations for us. They don't realize it but they made our 49th anniversary very, very special.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Connie E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

This is the second time I stayed here, and both times was a pleasant experience. Friendly staff, clean beautiful rooms, and a lovely breakfast. Our room had a jetted tub and a little back deck with seating. They provide Aveda bath products and comfy robes. One of the most memorable touches that we both remembered from our stay in 2009 was the homemade cookies which were just as good this time. Chocolate chips, white chips, cranberries, a little bit of everything all baked up into huge treats that were replenished daily. Breakfast consists of a yogurt granola and fresh berry parfait and some baked spice bread of some sort for the first course, both of which were delicious. Second course was a quiche but this time instead of it being on a crust it was crusted with potatoes instead. Meats in the quiche varied both days we stayed. All of it was good. In their living room, they have seating around a fireplace and always have coffee, tea and hot chocolate available. We loved it all both times and highly recommend it.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mousielover
Everett, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Its been awhile since I have been here, but i do just want to say this place was amazing, me and my wife stayed for 2 days and it felt like a week, it was so relaxing, the rooms were beautiful and had everything you needed. The 2 person spa/tub was a huge plus. Breakfast was delicious and they catered to you unlike some other bed and breakfasts where you get what you get. Not to mention they were super helpful in telling you about La Conner and all the town had to offer.
We will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Spend the little bit of extra money to get the best room, you won't be disappointed
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Wild Iris over Easter weekend while in town for the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival. The owners were very accommodating about our middle of the night arrival time, and left us 2 emails of instructions about how to get to our room, and also personally called the day before arrival to make sure we understood how to get there and to in to our room. Cookies were baked fresh daily and placed in the room. Breakfast was delicious, and while I have no food allergies myself, I overheard some others getting special servings to accommodate their needs. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was beautiful, warm, inviting, and clean. It was the perfect place to stay to get that personal small town charm. I would go back again!

• Stayed April 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Room was beautiful and comfortable, staff was wonderful and the breakfasts were to "die for"! We really enjoyed the jetted tub, don't tell our children! We will definitely go back for a romantic getaway!!!!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank PepperHound
Washingtonian at Heart
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My best friend and I stayed here for my birthday. We are both moms of six year olds, so when we saw the big, comfy bed we couldn't wait to lay on it without having to share with kids! One of the first things we did was take a long nap with the fireplace on! It was so cozy and relaxing and we were very sad to have to leave the next day. We also really enjoyed a soak in the jetted tub on our little private deck. The service was excellent, the food was excellent, and the accommodations were excellent! The only complaint we had was that parking was somewhat scarce and the lot was small, and hard to maneuver when full. But we would definitely stay here again if the chance arose!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Renton, Washington, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I booked our stay based on reviews from this site. The location was OUTSTANDING for us because we didn't need to be right in the middle of town. We had a first floor room with a jetted tub. The Inn is nicely decorated and has a pleasant entrance. There are a LOT of dried hydrangeas (which I typically like - have them myself) but here - probably too many. It was early April and fresh ones aren't readily available. Hopefully they change out some of the dried to fresh later in the summer. There were fresh tulips throughout, which was a nice touch. But they use a lot of that shiny cellophane in with the flowers (like what comes on the bottom of a potted plant) and just not a big fan of that. There is nice seating area in the lobby - we did't use it but other guests seemed to enjoy it.

The Inn did appear clean - although we had some spider webs in our room - and the decorative headboard area was dusty. Also, the bedspread and decorative pillows could be replaced - a bit dated and frayed on the edges in places. I did remove it all from the bed - since it can't be laundered between guests, I'd just as soon not sleep with it.

Bed was SUPER comfy! Loved the bed and loved the pillows! Nice touches in the bathroom too!

Breakfast - food was good and served by very cheerful innkeepers! That was nice. Plenty of food!! The quiche was quite tasty. It all was really good. My only negative comment about the breakfast was the decor - old faded placemats and napkins. Should be crisp and clean.

A friend sent us a wine and cheese platter (we were celebrating Hubby's birthday). It was a really nice thought but when it came, it was a bit awkward. The person who checked us in told us she had a surprise for us - could we wait about four minutes before we left to go into town? We said sure and then she brought it in and put in on the bed. We actually weren't sure who it was from (I thought at first it was from the Inn because I'd mentioned we were celebrating a birthday). We finally figured out after we found the card. The wine was nice but the cheese and crackers - very ordinary. I must say though the strawberries were HUGE and AWESOME! We devoured those first.

Everyone raves about the cookies. Yep - they are really yummy ! Two of them on a very pretty plate displayed in our room! Another nice touch for sure!

In other B&B's - we've had access to the kitchen to get ice or water or have use of the fridge. Since that was not offered, it would have been nice if they would put a mini-fridge in each room and have ice available for the guests (without having to ask for it). We went to the store and bought some ice and bottled water.

I think the price is a little bit high. I know it includes a three course breakfast (which was very good) but we have also stayed at a place on the water which was similarly priced and also included a breakfast.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
#3 of 10 in Anacortes
Majestic Inn and Spa
Majestic Inn and Spa
#1 of 10 in Anacortes

Been to The Wild Iris Inn? Share your experiences!