“great b&b”
Review of Katy's Inn

Katy's Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 La Conner B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 January 2014

we stay there last weekend and it was worderful, the room was clean, lots of charm and great privacy, Cyndy was amazing! made us a wonderful breakfast accommodating our dietary restrictions!! there was a gas stove in our room that kept us cozy, a private porch where we hear the birds and drank our tea and coffe, incredibly close to town ou can walk everywhere! we love it great value too!!!
we will be back

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank trance333

Reviewed 15 November 2013

The word we would choose to describe our overall experience at Katy's Inn would be "cold" and "disappointed". We were not greeted by person but by an indifferent note at the front door telling us which room we would be in and to be sure to fill in the registry. The house is charming as is, of course, LaConner. The breakfast was well presented and tasty. The room that we were in, "The Captain's Room" was literally cold as no one had taken the time to warm the room before our arrival even though there was a free standing gas stove in the room. In addition, the corners in our room were covered in "dust bunnies" and unswept dirt that was quite noticeable. One of our frustrations was that the proprietor was not available except by phone. Not available for greeting, conversation, or for check out. Our conclusion is that we would not choose to stay at Katy's Inn again unless nothing else was available but we will not be recommending it to our friends. Quite disappointing.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
cindytracey, Owner at Katy's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

How sad to hear that Peggy was not happy with her stay with us! We do are very best to provide a clean and wonderful experience for all our guests. We have gone to a self check in process that allows guests to come at their leisure. Guests have enjoyed not having to arrive at a set time. I am, of course always available to our guests. I am always at the Inn at checkout, but may have been doing laundry in the basement and did not realize that they were leaving. I am glad that they enjoyed breakfast! Usually we receive wonderful comments about guests experience staying with us, and most guests give me a hug! We will do everything we can to continue to provide a special experience for all the guests that stay at Katy's Inn! We have been voted the Best Bed and Breakfast for 5 years in a row for our outstanding customer service!

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I planned a getaway weekend for my Mom who has had a difficult year and wanted to make it special time for her. Katy's Inn was the perfect place for us; cozy, clean, convenient to town and the breakfast was outstanding! I had never stayed in a B&B before and wondered about the privacy and I was pleasantly surprised in that I felt we had the right balance of interaction and privacy. When the heater didn't work (it hadn't been used all summer because of the unusually warm summer), the owners came right away to take care of it. If you want a inn/room that is high-end than Katy's isn't for you. Katy's Inn is a very old house, but renovated and well taken care of. And it had amenities we didn't even use -- great patio with hot tub, outdoor seating and BBQ grill. So if you want to stay somewhere that is unique, cozy and full of character and want a fantastic breakfast -- stay at Katy's! I was able to give my Mom the special weekend I was hoping to. I forgot to mention the great coffee and scones delivered to your room each morning!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Debbie762
Reviewed 10 September 2013

When we arrived to the location, we were told to come back another 30 minutes because the house wasn't yet ready. When we headed back about an hour later, there was our paperwork pinned by the door and the door was unlock for us to go in..no one was in there to welcome us, our paperwork says the front door will stay unlock all day until 11pm...that right there was already a red flag...we had reserved the garden room which had 2 beds and one bath...the room did not have tv, etc..that was already dissatisfying walking in to the bedroom...after settling in with our stuff, we decided to go walk around and stroll to the gift shops, have dinner, etc..but as we have started to leave the room, the doors out to the patios did not have locks, there was no way for us to lock our bedroom door from outside. How are we supposed to feel comfortable leaving our personal items when the whole house is unlock, no one in the house to keep a look out...afte we got back from our dinner, we had decide to leave because we were not comfortable staying the night...I left a note for Katie to let her know we were not satisfied with the place... 2 days later, I got a call from Katie asking why we left..she was upset that we did not call her instead of leaving a note..I told her it was pretty late and was not comfortable calling her that late...she then got snippy and had an attitude as I was trying to explain as to why we were not satisfied with the place..she hung up on me after I asked her as to why she was giving me an attitude as a dissatisfied customer..she then called back to let me know she was still going to charge my credit card for the full amount. I don't mind paying for the full amount but after she mistreated me over the phone, of course I was upset..before she hung up, he then said, "you just missed out on a very good breakfast, and you will never be welcomed to stay at Katie's Inn again." After my family's experienced, we will never ever step a foot in that place nor ever want to speak to Katie again...she is vet unprofessional when dealing with a dissatisfied customer..will never refer anyone to that place.

• Stayed: September 2013
5  Thank LoriJK
cindytracey, Owner at Katy's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

In eleven years of owning Katy's Inn no one has ever "slept and skipped" out on us, until now. I received a note from this customer in the morning that La Conner was a boring town, and they were "bored" and had left. When I went to the room the beds had been slept in and the bathroom used and they were gone. I then called her that morning at 7:00 am and she told me that they stay up late and there was no TV and nothing to do, so they left about 10:00 pm. We have games, we have a DVD player, with 300 movies, a hot tub and a sitting area with a gas fireplace.

Our rooms are always ready by 3:00 pm, so they arrived about noon. She spoke to our live-in caretaker and housekeeper, Molly. Her credit card had been declined. I asked for a new one, since our policy clearly states that she has to pay for the room, whether or not she was bored. This card was declined, as well. She has been sent to collections for payment.

We sent away nearly 20 people who would have loved to stay with us that night. I certainly was not rude, I was shocked that this woman attacked the town I love. I did not hang up on her. La Conner is a lovely safe town. We have locks on all the doors and windows and you can lock yourself in your room. However the house is unlocked during the day. We have no crime in La Conner. NONE!!! I am blessed to live in a town where I can leave my doors unlocked and welcome visitors in from all over the world! I have forwarded her information to all the other Inns in town, so they will not be scammed by this customer in the future.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

We had a wondeful time at Katy's Inn. The house, rooms and garden were all lovely. The breakfast was AMAZING. I would glady go back to La Conner and Katy's Inn any time! Highly recommend Katy's above all other accomodations in La Conner.

Room Tip: The captains room as the biggest and best. It has your own entrance. The other rooms looked nice too...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kendra p
Reviewed 6 June 2013

La Conner is a very-walkable, picturesque town and if you want your trip to be extra special, stay at Katy's Inn. The rooms and grounds are lovely, and the owner, Cynthia, adds some great touches -- such as a basket of tea/coffee and scones waiting outside your door each morning. She also makes a great breakfast and there's a hot-tub and multiple terraces and balconies for outdoor socializing. From the Inn you can walk all over town and some of the best restaurants are just a couple of minutes walk away. I highly recommend the Garden Room -- it's a very sweet suite that opens out onto the balcony on the second floor.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank JGFrankPortland
Reviewed 23 May 2013

My girlfriends and I had such a lovely time at Katy's Inn. It was the perfect place to celebrate my 50th birthday. We soaked in the hot tub and delighted in taking photos of the house. Tea was delivered to our room in the morning and we all crowded into the incredibly comfortable bed with the tea tray.

Imagine my dismay when I got home from that fabulous trip and discovered that I had left my expensive tempurpedic pillow behind! I thought it was gone forever, but my husband encouraged me to ask Katy's if they would send it to me. I thought that was an outrageous request; I've never stayed in a place where they were willing to send me forgotten items. Unbelievably, I got the pillow back within three days. I still can't get over it!

Room Tip: FYI breakfast is served to all at 9AM at the dining room table. When we were there, all the guests...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
#4 of 10 in Anacortes
The Heron Inn & Day Spa
The Heron Inn & Day Spa
#1 of 4 in La Conner

Been to Katy's Inn? Share your experiences!