“All about the Milk & Cookies”
Review of Katy's Inn

Katy's Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 La Conner B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“All about the Milk & Cookies”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

It's been a few years since we were living in North America, but I just wanted to let you know that we are still raving about our stay at Katy's Inn in La Conner. We loved the town and were very happy with our room, but the very best part were the freshly baked cookies and bottle of milk waiting for us as we turned in that night. Such a lovely touch - we will be back one day! Hope you are still baking of an evening when we return!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Katy's is a lovely old home located about 2 blocks from the town and the river. If you want walking convenience to everything, this is the place. Cindy cooked us an amazing breakfast and I got my coffee delivered to my door at exactly the time I asked. The bed was one of the most comfortable I had slept on (other than my own) It was a lovely getaway night. Love La Conner.

Room Tip: The Captains room was great because it had it's own private porch and entrance. There is a hot...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I have stayed at this B & B 3 other times and have been delighted. I booked my room very early 27 Jan 14 for our stay on 13 June 14. I recieved my confirmation and felt ready for a great stay once again. Sadly I can no longer recommend this B and B due to the fact the owners sent me an email 10apr14 to state they had to cancel my reservation due to being closed. (no explination) granted they sent other places I could stay. This was very impersonal and upsetting as the B and B was a destination I wanted to share with my husband who was coming with me for the first time. Since I had the phone number in my phone I tried to call all day only to get a recording. Upon returning home I had a email from Cindy (the owner) who stated she was having a family reunion and that since I had 2 months I would be able to finf another place to stay. NOT THE POINT. I emailed her back totally upset by now, explained to her that as a business owner she had acted unprofessionaly. !st do you want to run a business with out reguard to your guest? I guess so. When I would leave my business I always took care of my guest by making sure I took care of them. She offered a free night for another stay, but this was not about money. I was about the experience I wanted to share with my husband. I will not recommend her again as I now have lost trust I will be important enough to have a place to stay. I was able to find a great B and B to stay in Anacortas The Ship House. No it will not be Katy's Inn, but I will have a great view and not have to worry about being canceled. I suggest giving them a call at 360-678-1093

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Laverne T
cindytracey, Owner at Katy's Inn, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
It breaks my heart to have such a wonderful guest write this review! We are a small owner operated Inn and for eleven years, we have been delighted, to offer our guests a wonderful experience while visiting our quaint town of La Conner! It has been rare that we have ever canceled a reservation. I let this guest know that we were closing that weekend 2 months ahead of time and I offered this guest a free night stay, on any other date of her choice.

I guess the saddest thing is, with so many other, outstanding Inns and Hotels in La Conner that offer fabulous accommodations, she has decided to go to another town. Anacortes is nice, but is a whole different experience than staying in our fabulous walk-able town. Good Bye Laverne! We will miss you!
Lynnwood, Washington
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Katy's Inn was wonderful! We had a relaxing, quiet, peaceful stay and felt right at home. The breakfasts were amazing and abundant! The Inn is very quaint and cozy, and decorated so nicely. Thank you so much for an amazing time. The Millers, Lynnwood, WA.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kathleen M
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 2 January 2014

we stay there last weekend and it was worderful, the room was clean, lots of charm and great privacy, Cyndy was amazing! made us a wonderful breakfast accommodating our dietary restrictions!! there was a gas stove in our room that kept us cozy, a private porch where we hear the birds and drank our tea and coffe, incredibly close to town ou can walk everywhere! we love it great value too!!!
we will be back

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank trance333
lynden
Reviewed 15 November 2013

The word we would choose to describe our overall experience at Katy's Inn would be "cold" and "disappointed". We were not greeted by person but by an indifferent note at the front door telling us which room we would be in and to be sure to fill in the registry. The house is charming as is, of course, LaConner. The breakfast was well presented and tasty. The room that we were in, "The Captain's Room" was literally cold as no one had taken the time to warm the room before our arrival even though there was a free standing gas stove in the room. In addition, the corners in our room were covered in "dust bunnies" and unswept dirt that was quite noticeable. One of our frustrations was that the proprietor was not available except by phone. Not available for greeting, conversation, or for check out. Our conclusion is that we would not choose to stay at Katy's Inn again unless nothing else was available but we will not be recommending it to our friends. Quite disappointing.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
cindytracey, Owner at Katy's Inn, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
How sad to hear that Peggy was not happy with her stay with us! We do are very best to provide a clean and wonderful experience for all our guests. We have gone to a self check in process that allows guests to come at their leisure. Guests have enjoyed not having to arrive at a set time. I am, of course always available to our guests. I am always at the Inn at checkout, but may have been doing laundry in the basement and did not realize that they were leaving. I am glad that they enjoyed breakfast! Usually we receive wonderful comments about guests experience staying with us, and most guests give me a hug! We will do everything we can to continue to provide a special experience for all the guests that stay at Katy's Inn! We have been voted the Best Bed and Breakfast for 5 years in a row for our outstanding customer service!
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I planned a getaway weekend for my Mom who has had a difficult year and wanted to make it special time for her. Katy's Inn was the perfect place for us; cozy, clean, convenient to town and the breakfast was outstanding! I had never stayed in a B&B before and wondered about the privacy and I was pleasantly surprised in that I felt we had the right balance of interaction and privacy. When the heater didn't work (it hadn't been used all summer because of the unusually warm summer), the owners came right away to take care of it. If you want a inn/room that is high-end than Katy's isn't for you. Katy's Inn is a very old house, but renovated and well taken care of. And it had amenities we didn't even use -- great patio with hot tub, outdoor seating and BBQ grill. So if you want to stay somewhere that is unique, cozy and full of character and want a fantastic breakfast -- stay at Katy's! I was able to give my Mom the special weekend I was hoping to. I forgot to mention the great coffee and scones delivered to your room each morning!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
#4 of 10 in Anacortes
Majestic Inn and Spa
Majestic Inn and Spa
#1 of 10 in Anacortes

Been to Katy's Inn? Share your experiences!