“Sunset and relaxation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in La Conner
Skagit Bay Hideaway
Ranked #3 of 4 La Conner B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 September 2012

This beautiful hideaway has a secluded deck for enjoying the sunset on the bay, as well as a enclosed hot tub complete with fireplace. Every detail of what a traveler might need is included, such as bathrobes, books, an assortment of teas and coffees, real cream, and a delicious breakfast. The bathroom has two shower heads and body sprays and is quite relaxing. Only about 25 minutes to the Anacortes ferry to the San Juans or Victoria.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Frank V

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Earlene and Kevin have created a heavenly hideaway for themselves, as well as for the fortunate guests who seek out their beautifully designed and built guest quarters. The two level mini townhouses (there are two units) are complemented by the thoughtfulness of the hosts, the deliciousness of the breakfast treats, the views of the bay, the gardens, the art, the charm of La Conner. We were so disappointed to have arranged for only one night. We would plan for several days, if at all possible. The only warning would be that quite a few steps are inherent in the property.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KentuckyKate66
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Dear Earlene and Kevin,
Sorry I didn't take time to write in your guest book. I was in such a relaxed state I let all my compulsive behaviors set with the magnificent sunsets. Your accommodations are the most completely thought out I have ever seen down to the butter, condiments, cork screw, toaster, colander and best of all the paper cups with lids for coffee to bring down to the landing so no worry about breaking a coffee cup! We also want to thank you for the free passes to the Art Museum...that was such a treat! Spent quite a bit of time looking as Balazs has always been an inspiration to my jewelry design...I have his book. I wonder if he ever has book signings...wow, that would be an incredible event for me. It was a great exhibition and the woman who was there was very helpful with all sorts of tidbits about both the museum and the artists.
Again, thank you for a lovely getaway for my husband and myself.We will spread the word and return ourselves next summer.
Best Regards, Tom and Lynne

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gr8DishDiva
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Spent two nights at Skagit Bay and would go back in a heartbeat. The unit has everything you could possibly need...with very nice lounging robes, plenty of towels, and all of the kitchen utensils you'd need to make and serve any kind of meal you could dream up. We used the hot tub both nights and found it very private, clean and relaxing.
Don't feel like cooking? The drive into LaConner and all of the great restaurants takes about 5 minutes, tops.
The property/units are not ADA friendly. You park in a two car spot above the units and walk through greenery and down a somewhat slippery gravel sloped path without handrails. There are 3-4 steps up to the unit and outdoor hot tub "building." Don't drink too much after 5pm as the bedroom is upstairs, and bathroom is downstairs.
Can be noisy at times during the day and up 'til 10/11 pm, as situated under the flight path for jets in/out of the active Whidby Island air base. You would experience this pretty much anywhere in the area, but since it is so remarkably peacefully quiet at the Skagit Bay Hideaway, the occasional jet noise can be surprising.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TaraSchmoo
Reviewed 22 July 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Skagit Bay Hideaway for one night on our recent trip to the Northwest. In between a few days in Seattle and Vancouver we decided to rent a car and do a one day/night trip up Whidbey Island on our way from Seattle to Vancouver. We are certainly glad we did. Whidbey Island is beautiful and the drive through the island, its towns, state parks, beaches, wineries, etc. are a cool experience. In addition, we are very happy that we choose the Skagit Bay Hideaway for our one night stay. Earlene was wonderful to work with on the front end logistics and was very helpful and quick to respond to emails and questions. Her and Kevin were also very accomodating and flexible when we showed up a lot earlier that we had thought we would to check-in. They both are very friendly and we enjoyed talking to them for quite awhile before we headed to dinner. They provided a lot of good information about the area, where to eat (listen to them and go eat at Nell Thorn in La Conner...delicious), and what to do. They also recommended a cool "backroads" route to take up to Vancouver instead of going I-5 the whole way up.

The Hideaway is basically two seperate identical little cottages that are adjacent to each other, similar to a townhouse. Each cottage/suite is two stories. The main floor houses a little kitchen....fully stocked with everything you need including food/drinks for breakfast, bathroom with an nice walk-in tile shower with body sprays, and a family room with a fireplace that has big picture windows that look out to the beautiful property and bay. You walk upstairs to a bedroom with a queen bed that has a skylight on the ceiling that looks out to the beautiful trees that surround the property. The bedroom also walks out onto your own private deck that looks out again to the property and the bay. Very pretty and amazing views...we loved sitting out on the deck that night and looking at the stars as well as enjoying our breakfast on the deck in the morning. You also have your own hot tub which is situated just outside the cottage. It is essentially set in a little hut that has walls on three sides and then a curtain on the 4th side that opens for a view to the bay. The hut also has a little gas fireplace that sits next to the hot tub. Very unique little setup and view to the bay.

The cottage is very clean, modern, and has everything you need. The set up, view, and location are all very unique and quite a cool experience. We were so glad we chose to stay here and not in one of the places in La Conner (5 minute drive). We both commented that if we would have known better we would have definitely done another night or two at the Hideaway as it was such a perfect little getaway to relax and get outside the city grind for awhile.

We highly recommened this place if you are looking for a unique and romantic bed and breakfast experience in the La Conner area. Thank you Earlene and Kevin for a wonderful albeit quick stay. You've got quite a little gem there on your hands, and we hope to be back some day soon to enjoy it again!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank kjbuffy
Reviewed 28 June 2011

When I discovered I had reserved for the wrong night, completely my own fault, I emailed and ultimately called to see if they could help me despite being within the cancellation period. Earlene laughed with me over my error and was able to accommodate me on the night I want without charging the cancellation penalty. That makes me look forward to staying there even more (haven't been yet, but wanted to share this experience - So, they have an opening for Thursday July 7 as of now!)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Seanoflegation
Reviewed 9 August 2010

This was our 2nd visit and it was even better than we remembered from our first visit a number of years ago! We arrived late on a Friday night, tired and hungry, after the local restaurants had stopped serving dinner. The owners called the La Conner Brewery and arranged a wonderful dinner we could pick up and bring back to eat. The view is gorgeous, everything about the property and its amenities are top-notch, and the new "Treehouse" with hot tub and fireplace is a great addition. It's obvious the owners put a great deal of thought and care to make sure this a very special guest experience.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple