“Terrific Tofu+” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Child-friendly
Charleston SC
“Terrific Tofu+”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

We dropped in for lunch on a quiet day; service was prompt, friendly and very helpful. We shared the Drunken Love Noodles and an order of Agedashi Tofu Udon With Inari Sushi. Both were delicious, with vegetables retaining shape and flavor while the tofu cooked in a way that preserved rather than simply masking its unique quality. Look forward to trying the Bul-go-gi when we return to the area next year. My husband's favorite meal out in quite a while.

• Visited September 2013

Tacoma, Washington
“Waited TOO long for food!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

We were able to order quite quickly, but waited nearly 30 minutes for two appetizers and another 30 minutes for two entrees. This is the lunch hour, and people have to get back to work! There were only four tables in the restaurant, so I don't know why it took so long. When we get takeout, it's always within 15 minutes. We love the food, but probably won't be back. Don't need the aggravation.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sfelizardo
Pacific Northwest
“Best tofu ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

Love this place. Tofu is generally a bland food, morphs into whatever you are cooking/serving it with. But, the tofu here is good enough to eat alone! Love the casual atmosphere, service is good. Although I ordered the Sake on the specials menu board and was surprised on my bill when the sake I thought was $4 was actually $13. But it was the best Sake I've ever tasted, so I didn't complain (though I should have). I am not a vegan or gluten-free so it is not important to me to eat as such, but I couldn't resist the tasty looking gluten-free cupcake. I don't need another one, especially for $5. It's a go-to for us!

“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

Super-friendly and attentive staff. Great food. I'm not wild about red bell peppers, which were in both entrees I've tried here, but the gyoza are great and they have the best tofu frying technique of any restaurant I know. It is out of the way, but well worth the drive.

Houston, Texas
“A refreshing choice of food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

I go to Tofu Hut whenever I am in the area. Love the fresh food and variety of choices. I can always find something satisfying, very simple decor, no frills. Almost every meal can be done vegetarian, or with shrimp, or chicken. I had the Viet Garden Bowl. I could have taken a bath it in...it was so good. The Tofu Stew is also nice, make sure you get the sides for the extra $2. The barley tea is a nice touch to any meal. I understand why they are voted best in Olympia and Lacey!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Tofu Hut? Share your experiences!