“Good”

Super 8 Lacey Olympia Area
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Lacey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Whidbey Island, Washington
Reviewed 16 December 2013

In September, I reserved a room at the Lacey area Super 8 to stay one night en route to Portland, Oregon with my husband. After reading reviews on TripAdvisor, I decided to cancel and book at La Quinta instead. Under their cancellation policy, clearly stated and this is not an issue, I had until September 6 at 6 PM to cancel without penalty. On September 3 at 6:57 PM, I called and cancelled my reservation. I spoke to "Melanie." I received a cancellation number, which I wrote down along with my other notes. Lo and behold, when the AMEX bill arrived, there was a charge for this room in which I never stayed. I appealed to AMEX to dispute the charge. They were told there was no such cancellation number, that Melanie had not been on duty that date, and that I never cancelled the reservation. Someone is lying here, and it is not me.

I really do not understand this way of doing business. Super 8 may get away with stealing my money (I'm not through fighting yet), but for the rest of my life, I will badmouth not only this location, but any and all Super 8 locations throughout the world, in writing and verbally, to whomever will listen. Is that worth $80 to them? I'm also very disappointed with AMEX and its inability to defend my claim. I would love to hear from any travelers/TripAdvisor members out there who have been able to prevail against Super 8. Your suggestions and help will be welcomed and appreciated.

MORAL OF THE STORY: READ REVIEWS BEFORE YOU BOOK, NOT AFTER !!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
ResvMgr1, Manager at Super 8 Lacey Olympia Area, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest -
I deeply apologize for the issue you had while attempting to reverse the No Show charges through American Express. I can understand and appreciate how frustrating this may be for you. Please rest assured, we only process no show charges for reservations that fail to cancel by the agreed upon cancellation time and do not show up for the reserved room.

I can understand from your perspective how you may believe that we are "lying, cheating rip-off artists" as you paid for something you did not receive. However, I can assure you with all honesty there is nothing farther from the truth. We are proud that we have owned and operated Super 8's in the Northwest for more than 30 years with the utmost integrity and honesty. In fact, I am pleased you have posted this review to provide me with an opportunity to reach out and resolve this issue to your satisfaction. Often times, if you have a problem we encourage you contact the property direct rather than using third party channels like Amex or Trip Advisor, to attempt to resolve issues. We are much more likely to resolve your problem more quickly and often to your satisfaction.

I am disappointed that you felt compelled to change your choice of lodging based upon the online reviews you read. While the La Quinta is a fine establishment, our staff works VERY hard to provide our guests with clean, comfortable accommodations at a reasonable price. You really should give us a try. Sometimes, as you know online reviews can be inaccurate or misleading.

As a show of good faith and to prove we are not in business to "rip you off" I will direct that you receive an immediate and full refund of your no show charges. However, since your online review does not provide enough specifics, I ask that you call the property direct at 360-459-8888 and ask to speak with the General Manager. We will then retrieve your account information and process the refund. Thank you again, we look forward to hearing from you soon. Happy Holidays!!
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 30 November 2013

The room that we checked into was NOT cleaned all the way I feel that if they took more time on the rooms that they would be done correctly,instead of rushing through. The housekeepers were VERY helpful and willing to go the extra mile to make sure we were as comfortable as possible. The carpets in the hallway and the drapes in the room are outdated and should be switched out. I also think that you should have a little bit more choices for breakfest.

Room Tip: Dont get a room on the 3rd floor that is where the smoking rooms are and you can smell it through th...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
ResvMgr1, Manager at Super 8 Lacey Olympia Area, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest -
Thank you very much for your recent stay at our property. We are proud of our staff for their hard work to provide clean, comfortable rooms to our guests. I was pleased to see that our housekeepers went the "extra mile" to make sure you were comfortable. I was a bit surprised that you felt the carpet in the hallway and drapes were outdated as these were recently replaced as part of a common area renovation in May of this year. Perhaps the interpretation of our interior design choice is one that is considered subjective to the individual? Upon your next visit to Lacey, might I recommend one of our Deluxe King rooms that offer a modern design and feel that I am sure you will appreciate. The Super 8 Lacey is by far the best value in economy lodging in the area. We again thank you for your comments and look forward to your next visit to the Lacey Super 8 Hotel.

Travellers are raving about these Lacey hotels

Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

I was quite surprised with my experience during my stay at the Lacey Super 8. I had made reservations online and the lady at the front desk was helpful and made check in a breeze. My room was very nice. I expected it to be less up to date since its an older hotel. The room was very cozy and exceptionally clean. I am really picky when it comes to bathrooms and the bathroom was clean and had plenty of towels and the shower was up to my standard. What really made my stay exceptional was the staff. Anna at the front desk and Andrea (I think) in the breakfast room were great. My room was cleaned daily by Janie the housekeeper. And it was nice to come back for fresh sheets and towels and restocked coffee and soaps. I had a lot of my personal b,belongings laid out and my housekeeper obviously knew how to respect my stuff. I read other reviews and I was shocked at the number of negative reviews given. I'm guessing most guest only feel it necessary to leave a review if it's a negative one. I will be coming back to stay at your location next time I'm in town.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jamie P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lacey
La Quinta Inn & Suites Olympia - Lacey
Comfort Inn Lacey
Comfort Inn Lacey
#4 of 8 in Lacey
Best Western Plus Lacey Inn & Suites

Been to Super 8 Lacey Olympia Area? Share your experiences!