“Very Satisfied”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Lacey
Benson, Arizona
“Very Satisfied”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Didn't have plans to stay in a hotel but decided last minute to book one. Found this one and the price was decent and had more positive reviews than negative. I was really impressed with this hotel. They were recently bought by Days Inn so they were busy with renovations. Bathroom was nice and clean, bed was comfortable, room was decent size. I also really enjoyed their complimentary breakfast. Which we had the time to stay and try out their pool and hot tub. Will stay here again if ever in the area. Also had restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights and were very pleasantly surprised. The outside of the hotel looks a little old and worn down, but we found our room to be nice, clean and comfortable. They had just switched out the tv, so we had a new flat screen in our room. The staff at the front desk was great, letting us check in early and were very friendly the whole time we were there. Yes the sheets and towels smelled very strongly of bleach, but considering all of the other things they could smell like, I was okay with the bleach. The breakfast was okay, I wouldn't complain. We would definitely stay at the King Oscar again.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and got a little noise from people around us, but it wasn't bad.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The people at the front desk were so friendly. We checked in kinda late, but she was so sweet about it. Asked about our trip and were we were coming from, gave us suggestions of what to do in the area as well.
The price was very decent.
Breakfast was ok, You could make waffles (which my nephews loved). there was ceral, juice, bagels, couple different kinds of bread, hard boilded eggs.
my nephews loved the pool and hot tub area.
I would recommed to my friends and would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We stayed here for 1 night on July 1. Had booked through Booking.com, which had a description of the property clearly stating that there was wi-fi in every room. Not true! Booking.com advised me that the description comes directly from the hotel, so perhaps this property knows that people nowadays won't stay anywhere without Internet access, so they dont't provide an accurate description. Other then the lack of internet access, the property itself is very dated, with old, scarred furniture, noisy AC unit, and musty smells. Although very inexpensive, my recommendation is to spend just a bit more money to stay at a better property.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank twinster2

Travellers are raving about these Lacey hotels

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We have stayed at the King Oscar in Lacey before. We chose to stay again because of the decent price and the locaiton. While it's not the most modern place, it is a good value for the price. Based on previous visits, it is clear that they are doing a good job of maintaining the property. The rooms have had paint, and some tile work added to the bathroom. Carpets in the hallways have been replaced too.

There are 4 floors in the hotel, and the 4th floor is a "Smoking" floor. Be sure to specify "no smoking" when booking. We are non-smokers and the only issue we had is that if anyone from the 4th floor used the elevator it subsequently stunk badly of cigarette smoke for quite a while. If you have a bad problem with smoke then you might want to ask for a room on the ground floor so you do not have to use the elevator.

We stayed 2 nights and were on the 3rd floor. The first night the people above us were a tad rowdy, but they must have left becasue the second night was very quiet.

The breakfast is fairly limited and consists mostly of carbs, with the notable exceptions of some cream cheese and boiled eggs.

This hotel as an indoor pool - a MUST for the Pacific Northwest if you want to be able to use it year-round. The pool was quite warm, but the ceiling tiles have been replaced and there is no mold or mildew anywhere. The only thing is that the pool needs a paint job. Based on observations I would specuate that this is "on the list" of things that will be done in the not too distant future as it was obvious that other past things that needed to be done have indeed been done!

Internet: There is NO WIFI. There IS an RJ-45 jack. This was not a big issue for us as our laptop has an RJ-45 conneciton in it. If you have a tablet or smartphone... you are going to be out of luck unless you bring your own wireless access point with you and plug it in to the hard connection. This is not as crazy as it sounds as I have done it in the past. All you need is a decent wireless router and a firmware upgrade... I digress.

The thing that was a little odd is that, while there was a small desk to put our laptop on, there was no power outlets on the desk. Add to this that the TV and lamp were plugged in to the only two outlets handy... I asked for an extension cord at the front desk, and they gave me one. It was a two-prong cord, and my laptop plug is 3 prong - so I ended up plugging the lamp and the TV into the extension cord, the only down-side being that the lamp switch then turned off the TV.

I also noticed that since the King Oscar is outside of Olymipia proper, the taxes that are applied to the rooms are considerably less too! :)

All in all we knew pretty much what to expect, and were not disappointed. Staff were friendly. We will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lloyd V
Fenton, Missouri
Reviewed 27 October 2012

I chose this motel b/c of the price. I was coming from St. Louis b/c my son was starting at Evergreen State College. It was about 10-15 min from the school and the least expensive place I could find. While it's not the nicest, most modern place I have ever stayed in, it was a good value for the price. I am not a breakfast person and I left early each morning so I cannot comment on it. The staff was friendly and helpful when needed. Overall, I would probably stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
washington state
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I travel a lot for work so I know what kind of room I prefer and where. I prefer the top floor away from the ice machine and stairwell. I couldn't get a top floor room because it's the smoking floor. So I asked for a room anywhere away from the stairs and ice machine...guess what I got? The room was ok sized but the bed was a rock and the tv was as deep as it was wide. The doors don't catch at all so it was slamming doors all evening. The hot tub and sauna was closed the entire time I was there. I needed to print a schematic for work at the last minute and was told the computer didn't work. I had my laptop so I was finally able to print after I downloaded the printer to my computer...at which point the girl at the front desk asked how many pages I was printing because if it was too many she was going to have to charge me! It's an ok location but I would definately not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank jimmybazet
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lacey
La Quinta Inn & Suites Olympia - Lacey
Comfort Inn Lacey
#4 of 8 in Lacey
Hampton Inn & Suites Olympia Lacey
Hilton Garden Inn Olympia

Been to Days Inn Lacey Olympia Area? Share your experiences!