“Large Family Overnight Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lacey
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Lacey
Marysville, Washington
“Large Family Overnight Stay”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

We needed a place to rest overnight near Olympia, Wa and it was a last minute trip.. which did not help. There are not many hotels that would accommodate us (2 adults and 4 children, ages 9; 7; 5 and 2.) I located the Holiday Inn Express in Lacey, not very far from Olympia and we were given room 101, a large handicap accessible suite on the first floor facing the parking lot.

Our check in was quick and painless! We settled right in to our 2 room suite. One room housed the bathroom, closet, and 2 Queen beds. The next room had a living room (pull out couch), a desk, sink/fridge etc. Very spacious! Everyone had enough space to spread out and relax.

The only small complaint I had was the bedroom window had faux blinds covering the window and a lot of light was allowed in from the parking lot that we could not cover up. The living room area actually had another large window but was dressed appropriately with light blocking curtains so we could shut out all light. I felt that maybe the window treatments should have been both the same OR switched to make more sense....

Other than the above complaint, all was clean, tidy, and fresh.

Unfortunately, our plans did not allow us to partake in their complementary continental breakfast.

Check out was even more painless than CHECK IN! Our check out receipt was placed under our door at around 11 or so and we just cleaned up, packed our truck and went on our way.

All in all a hassle free, no complaint stay in one of the only hotels that could accommodate my large family in this area of Washington.

Room Tip: We stayed on the parking lot side and it was ultra quiet! We even had a room overlooking our vehicl...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Washington State
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I recommend the Holiday Inn Express in Lacey as a good choice among a number of reasonable accommodations in the Olympia area. Clean rooms, newer furnishings, good breakfast choices, and easy access from the freeway are all pluses in my book. I usually stay here when traveling to Olympia for business, and I've not been disappointed yet in the service. During my most recent stay, the hotel was full.... so parking was a little more challenging in the shared lot (with next-door Candlewood Suites). The breakfast room was also fairly busy when I dropped in for a quick bite at 7am; but not crowded, and food was well-stocked. Traffic noise has not bothered me at anytime I've stayed here, but higher floors on the north-eastern side of the building may be better than the low floors on the I-5 side. I'll continue to book the Holiday Inn Express as my preferred choice for an Olympia stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Leavenworth, Kansas
Reviewed 12 April 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel. Very clean, friendly staff and a plentiful breakfast. Don't forget the warm cookies they put out in the evening. When I return to this area again I will, without question stay at this hotel!

Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 11 April 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. The location good for our purposes (capital location) and far enough off the main drag to be a little quieter.

Breakfast was not bad. But plasticware and paper plates on smooth tables make for difficult maneuvering.

WiFi was week, but I brought my trusty ethernet cable and that made all the difference!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Sequim, Washington
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Up to date, clean and staff were friendly. At check in the front desk agent did not say much. He was very quiet and after checking us in he appeared to sit down and start reading a book. That was kind of odd to me but I am not sure what your hotels rules and policies are.The breakfast is great! Alot of extra options (cheese bagels, different flavors of oatmeal and donuts). The only issue I had was that the hot water was not in the usual dispenser (the hot water tank) but was in a regular caraff that did not keep it hot. Not good for tea. I did inform the breakfast bar agent.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
SoDak
Reviewed 18 February 2013

The location of this hotel was good, near I-5. In fact, the freeway ran right next to the hotel and was very noisy when outside the building but could not hear it inside at all. The front desk staff was friendly. Room was clean, bathroom spacious. Breakfast was standard HIE fare but never get tired of those cinnamon rolls! There are many restaurants nearby, as well as coffee stops - this is the Seattle area. Easy access to I-5 into Olympia, just a 5 min. drive. The off-ramp drives straight to the hotel driveway, very convenient. Will stay here again when returning.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 24 December 2012

Had a good nights stay at this property while travelling home to Canada from Palm Springs. Noisy outside the Hotel from the nearby freeway but suprizingly quiet inside the Hotel. Breakfast was included and was above average for buffet style. Hotel was clean and well maintained.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lacey
Hampton Inn & Suites Olympia Lacey
Hilton Garden Inn Olympia
Comfort Inn Lacey
Comfort Inn Lacey
#4 of 8 in Lacey

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lacey? Share your experiences!