“Nice hotel for the night”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lacey
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Lacey
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I feel that we're never in a room/hotel long enough to give a proper evaluation, but here I go once again. We arrived around midnight after a driving 40 min or so from SeaTac. Our purpose was to only visit Saint Martin's University w/ our daughter. This hotel was probably less than a 3 min drive to SMU. Our GPS had a little trouble finding the hotel at first, but once we got our bearings...it was easy to find. Parking was a little cramped, as it has a hotel next door in a small parking lot. I think I found the very last spot available (on a Tuesday night). The greeting upon check in was great. Fantastic attitude and smiling face from the man behind the counter. The room was nice, maybe a little bigger because we were placed in an "accessible" room. I didn't notice any major differences. The bed was basic, not one of those fancy pillow tops you'll find in some of the other similar prices chains, but I didn't wake up w/ a sore back so all was good. Room was nice, clean. The bathroom had quite a few of those little bottles and other goodies. Overall the room was comfortable and looked nice. Breakfast was pretty good. There were a lot of options; a pancake maker, biscuits/gravy, sausage plus the other usual products found in most free breakfast fares.

Not sure where my daughter will end up going to college, but if she does chose to come up here. I know this hotel is worthy of another visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Eric M

Reviewed 28 September 2013

We flew into Seattle WA rented a car and drove to this hotel on I-5 in just 40 mins. Friendly, helpful staff and spotless rooms. Breakfast was plentiful and good newspaper at the door and even delicious Washington apples for your journey! The location was very convenient to visit Olympia - just 10 mins drive - Tumwater Falls to watch the salmon spawning and we even drove to Ocean Shores on the Pacific to watch the sunset -all in one day from leaving Tampa, Florida on the 8am flight! Easy, quick checkout. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We were on the 3 rd floor at the back of the hotel and it was perfect.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnnaClearwater
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I was visiting the area to visit my father. We were away from the hotel most all of the day, but when we returned the staff was always there to great us with a smile. This always makes you feel good after a long day. The hotel was well maintained, and it had everything that I needed for my stay. The breakfast was great.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Spent the night at this hotel in late August for a wedding- A clean and comfortable hotel with super friendly staff who were available to answer questions, give directions. They had directions already printed out for the local (and beautiful) golf course. Good free breakfast, and tasty coffee, and a variety of teas. We tested out the pool and enjoyed our swim. We would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again!

Room Tip: Great double queen size room!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This is my second visit to the area and wanted to wait until after then to put a review in. I'm mid-way through my second stay and figured I could go ahead and write this.

Rooms - Clean, spacious and everything you need. Having the window that opens up and lets in fresh air has been great with the nice weather the area has been having. A few more outlet would be nice at the desk area, but I'm not complaining. Thank you for having a tv with multiple inputs so I can connect my laptop to it. Bathroom was nice, although the shower head had a little bit of wear and tear on it, didn't quite spray out very well on some settings. Plenty of towels and washcloths though, they didn't skimp on those.

Breakfast - Typical HIE fare - biscuits and gravy every morning - they did have a pancake machine instead of waffles which was a nice change.

Staff - SUPER SUPER nice and helpful. The manager is out at the front desk often and it's nice to see that.

Location - you can get to everything from this place, and most stores and stuff like that are 5-10 min away.

Room Tip: Love getting a room with a window that opens up....when the weather is nice.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We stayed for two nights while on a trip to the Sound. Loved the convent location to everywhere we wanted to visit. The room was very clean and comfortable and the staff very friendly and helpful. My only suggestion is that they need to get NEW PILLOWS. The ones on our very comfortable mattress were awful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The only reason I booked this hotel is that it is close to highway. We stayed for a night and the hotel was clean , but wish the pillows were better.Good complimentary breakfast in the morning and you are ready to hit the road !

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lacey
Hampton Inn & Suites Olympia Lacey
Best Western Plus Lacey Inn & Suites
Ramada Olympia
Ramada Olympia
#2 of 9 in Olympia
Candlewood Suites Olympia/Lacey
La Quinta Inn & Suites Olympia - Lacey
Comfort Inn Lacey - Olympia

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lacey? Share your experiences!