“Excellent”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lacey
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Lacey
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Had a great stay. The price was right and there were no "hidden" costs. Had a great breakfast in the morning which was complimentary. I would recommend this hotel to anyone headed that way. Staff was friendly and the room was immaculate. Very clean as expected with Holiday Inn Express.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kodiaktanker

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Too tired to continue on down I-5 one evening, I stopped at this hotel and was pleasantly surprised. Extremely clean room, friendly service and all the amenities I needed for an overnight. Free wireless was great and breakfast was just enough to start my day. The gentleman who checked me in was great: efficient but friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank rebeccam2565
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The room was spic and span and room temperature was just right. There was a sense of quietness ease and elegance. The bed was nicely done and extremely comfortable.
The staff was absolutely wonderful, courteous, and gracious. (with the exception of one
at the end of my stay).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The measure to me of a good motel experience is the bed and the shower. In short:the bed was great with good pillow and the shower was the same old water saving misty sprayer.

The difference at this place in my experience was the desk staff. There were two guys here on my stay (April 26 if you are reading this HIE Mgt) and they were great. Both of them seemed to work well and seemed to be enjoying themselves. They were quick and efficient but willing to "play" as long as we were. This is a great gift in customer service. My travelling colleague and I were not in a rush and no-one was waiting so we chatted a bit about where to eat and other inconsequentials. These guys were great and gave us a good dining recommendation.

The rooms are really big and mine had 2 queens, I never need that but there they are. Motel TV is never really all that teriffic and I am not a TV watcher much anyway but it had a middle sized flat screen TV fed with a DirecTv box and the selection of channels was immense.

The room has everything is should, desk, sitting chair, iron, refrigerator to meet my needs. I thought my bedstand light was broken but my frined said in his room you needed to turn on a switch by the door for the bedstand light to work. I guess mine might, or might not, have been broken. I was on the 2nd floor and road noise was not present even though the property is situated between a street and the interstate.

Here is a question to EVERY SINGLE PROPERTY OUT THERE! Why can't you put an outlet in a logical place to plug in an iron and set up the ironing board. In this case you need to crawl around under the desk and drag the ironing board all the way through the unit to use it. In the plus column the iron had what must have been a 20 foot cord on it, so maybe it does not matter where you plug it is at.

HIE does free breakfastlike nobody's business and this one did it just as well. The dining room is HUGE and the lady tending it seemed to care what she was offering. She was a sweet lady. The selection is large and I am guessing meets most dietary desires for breakfast. You can even get a true t-go cup for your coffee. True to the model (and the cost of the good stuff) the juices are weak...but FREE!

Overall I really liked this place and I will not serch another now that Ihave been here. It was reasonably priced (and I still cling to the dream that a room can be had for $50 in a motel) and comfortable, You cannot overestimate the value of people, employees, who seem happy with their employ and proud of their work.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank pterbd
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This was my first visit here and was impressed as soon as I opened the door,all I could smell was "clean".The front desk staff was courteous and friendly.The room was at the back of the hotel ,away from the noise of traffic and even had a window that opened.A small fridge and coffee maker were unexpected extras,I would not hesitate to return to this clean and friendly hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JEREAUT
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I got here late one Saturday night, Easy to find, Easy location, The front desk man was kind of odd. Kind of reminded me of Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons, "worst review of front desk staff ever" But he was quick to getting me booked in. Rooms was big and clean, Pretty standard HIE type hotel, I was a bit worried about the noise being so close to the highway but with the heater fan on low I slept like a baby. I would stay again

Room Tip: Ask for the quite side if your a light sleeper