“Horrible Experience”

Cuisines: Grill
Marysville, Washington
“Horrible Experience”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I was inside with a friend, her little boy, and my 1 year old and 3 year old. I bought two scones because my boys were hungry, and my friend said they were soft and good. We, obviously, made a mess because scones make messes. I picked up all the larger pieces under my chair, and tried to brush everything I could into my hand and throw it away. I heard the owner tell one of the worker girls to "get the vacuum and clean that mess up." I thought it was a little rude, but maybe the owner is just rude. Then, the owner walked over to our table and said,"They're going to vacuum this mess up, since we just had the carpets steam cleaned yesterday and I don't need it getting ground into the carpets. Actually, next time don't bring your kids in here. I mean, we just spent $50 on steam cleaning the carpets and now there's a mess." Uhm, there were crumbs that could simply be vacuumed up. My kids weren't throwing food, stomping on it (they were both still sitting), screaming, or anything... There were scone crumbs, and anyone who's ever eaten one knows what I mean. On top of that, the owner wasn't nice about it. She didn't say,"Hi, we just had our carpets steam cleaned so would you mind if one of the girls vacuums really quickly?" No, she was rude, and actually said to not bring my kids back in. What would she have done if I had accidentally spilled my coffee?! Told me to never come back in?!! I guess if you have kids, don't let them eat the baked good (or drink anything) because they might make a mess, and you'll be asked not to bring them back.

To top of the terrible experience, the owner attempted to humiliate me on FB by posting a picture of the "mess" my children made, and posting how she "appreciates when customers with small children come into the shop and don't leave a mess." She found out quickly that over 100 people took my side, and felt she was not only rude by unprofessional. She's lost a lot of business through the actions she chose to take. Even though she deleted her original FB post, due to how it backfired on her, I have a screen shot of it. A lesson she needs to learn is you can't berate customers, attempt to humiliate them, fail miserably at it, and that simply deleting your post will make it all magically go away.

• Visited August 2013