“Great wine, great people.”

Trillium Creek Winery
Ranked #2 of 3 things to do in Lakebay
Reviewed 24 August 2010

We were camping at nearby Penrose Point state park and since this was on our way off the Key Peninsula we thought we would stop by for a quick 15 minute tasting. 2 and a half hours later we left with plenty of wine, cheese and a bucket of plants!

Claude and Claudia run the place growing the grapes, making the wine, doing the tours and tastings and clearly love showing off their gardens and products. The tasting is free, Claude knows his stuff and the wine is all great.

They also stock cheese from Estrella Family creamery and allowed us to taste a couple of them.

Best wine tour of the weekend.

Reviewed 4 August 2010

I enjoyed the winery with three of my friends while we were in the area for a girls' weekend. We enjoyed a 30-minute tour of the vineyard and the wine cellar, which was followed by a tasting of 6 of their wines. I greatly enjoyed all of the wines and took home 6 bottles of my favorites, which was easy on the wallet since all but one had a price tag of $15 or less. The wines are very dry, in the French style, and have a low sulfite rating. Jeffrey S explained the property and tasting room well. Claude and Claudia, the owners, are so welcoming and funny. Claude introduced himself and shook our hands as soon as we walked in. My friends and I thought that we would be at the winery an hour or two, but lo and behold, we finished up after 4 hours on the property (and that was because the winery was closing up for the day). Claude and Claudia took the time to explain the vineyard, the wine-making process and their wines, which I found delightful. I will be back.

Reviewed 4 November 2009

We happened upon Trillium Creek Winery on a fluke. We didn't know what to expect but, we had the time to check it out. When we arrived we were greeted at the car by Claudia the charming wife of Claude the other half of this Mom and Pop winery.
Claudia explained that she was first going to give us a tour of the vineyards and the processing facilities. The tour was very complete and interesting.
We were then led to the tasting room where we were introduced to Claude. Claude a retired Airline pilot is a Frenchman and he loves french wines. He says Americans don't know what they're doing when it comes to producing the best tasting wines in the world.
He had a number of wines on his tasting list and all were beyond excellent.
I have visited many wineries in my time but this experience was the absolute best. The owners were cordial, charming and very friendly. Oh... and everything was complimentary.