“adjust the thermostat please”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood
St. Petersburg, Florida
“adjust the thermostat please”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This was a newer hotel, and I stopped in on business and stayed one day. Overall the hotel was okay, but the elevators were very slow, and sometimes stopped in between the floors for a few seconds. My biggest complaint was the heat. It was summer time, and on my floor, the hallway temperature must have been set at 85-90 degrees, and was nearly unbearable. They need to work on that for sure.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Dear Sean O,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the facilities and service level we aim for. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Little noisy and bed on the firm side. Other than that five stars! Nice front desk clerk, lobby, common areas. Have a nice view of Mt. Rainer. Smartly designed room. Fridge and microwave. Large flat TV. Free breakfast area very nice.

Shell gas station next door has one of the cheapest prices within two hours drive at this time.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
SEALAManager, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood, responded to this review, 2 October 2014
Dear TrevorAlaine,
I was very glad to hear that you had such a pleasant stay with us and that you were able to take advantage of all of our amenities and our convenient location. I do apologize that it was a little noisy for you due to the location right off of I-5 but I am glad that it did not disturb you. I was also happy to hear that you were able to enjoy your view of Mt. Rainier and the breakfast in the morning. We hope to welcome you back during your future visits to the Lakewood area.
Amber
Montevideo, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This beautiful hotel is conveniently located just off of the interstate and is within driving distance to SeaTac airport. The cost was reasonable. The front desk staff were incredibly welcoming and kind, the breakfast was plentiful, and the pool was a wonderful 80 degrees. We would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
SEALAManager, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood, responded to this review, 18 September 2014
Dear Brigitte H,
I was overjoyed to hear that we were able to provide you with a comfortable and friendly atmosphere during your recent stay with us as that is what we work towards everyday. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back during your future visits to the Lakewood area and providing you with the same great service.
Amber P.
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express twice on a recent trip. It was clean, which is most important to me. My room was quiet and they accommodated all my requests easily. For the value of the room compared to rooms in Seattle, it was excellent. It wasn't a long trip to Seattle when I was on my way, but it wasn't exactly next door - be warned. The front desk wasn't the friendliest - but wasn't unfriendly either. My first trip they were training a new front desk clerk so things were chaotic both ways. Either way, they accommodated me and took care of all my needs, clean & comfortable beds, and decent location. Hence why I stayed twice, and why I would go back any day to this property on a future stay in Seattle.

Room Tip: My recommendation is always top floor away from elevator.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
SEALAManager, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear JoshinnorthGA,
I was happy to hear that you were comfortable during your stay and that the room met all of your traveling needs during both your stays. I do apologize that you did not find our staff to be our normal level of welcoming but am happy to hear that they were able to fulfill all of your requests. We always appreciate hearing feedback form our guests and we want to thank you for taking the time to write us a review and let us know how we are doing. We look forward to welcoming you back to the area on your future trips.
Amber P.
Palmerston North
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed here for three nights and found the staff friendly and the lobby welcoming. The room was good and well cleaners each day. Breakfast was relatively varied and there was a coin laundry. The pool was indoors and there was a basic fitness room with machines and a few free weights. Biggest downside was the internet - as per everyone else's comments the internet was SO slow.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear 1985Dan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. We understand that having a comfortable stay is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. We are sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the internet connection. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Had a horrible experience trying to cancel a reservation with this hotel. Since the AMC flight from Hickam to McChord was cancelled/no seats, and no flights in the near future that I could use, I tried to cancel my booking. Come to find out after the fact that the hotel has a 72-hour cancellation policy (so I would have had to cancel the reservation last Saturday for a reservation I made for today [Monday]), which was NEVER explained at all. Kudos to the nice, patriotic lady at Guest Relations who tried to intervene with the hotel manager directly, and tried to explain the nature of military travel. This place is right next to the base (which is why I chose it) and one would think they would try to be more amenable to the military community?! Please do NOT give this place your bu$ine$$!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rob C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Rob C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please allow us to apologize for the experience you had with your reservations and any inconvenience you may have encountered that did not live up to your expectations. We have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Colorado
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

This was just a quick overnight stay for my family. When we first checked in, our a/c was not working, I can say they had it going in 5 mins. So that was nice. I agree like others posters have stated, the internet needs help. A hotel of this quality should have reliable internet service. Other then those two things, the place was nice and clean, room were good and we used the pool and hot tub both were very nice.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Darren L,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We are delighted to hear you liked your room accommodations and found the rooms clean. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We have taken note of your comments regarding the internet service and will use these for the improvement of the service we provide our guests.

Connie D
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#10 of 28 in Tacoma
Hampton Inn and Suites DuPont

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood? Share your experiences!