Americas Best Value Inn Seattle / Tacoma near JBLM Base
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Lakewood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Was suggested to me to stay here for the location & helpful staff. On walking in the doors we were greeted by fantastic staff and water was provided in the lobby. Checked in to RM 225.

Nothing was too hard as the staff made phone calls to check if we could get ticket reservations,
advised on public transport locations & helped me get a public transport card, gave map of where we wanted to go & marked the location, also assisted with telephone calls. Breakfast was lovely, enough choices & plenty of it. Although the facilities are basic I would stay here again & highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank MoonHotelier699
AmyBains, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Seattle / Tacoma near JBLM Base, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you the outstanding input you have provided for us today. Our team will be delighted to hear of your complimentary words as we strive for excellence. We value your comments about our friendly and helpful team. Our entire staff works very hard to ensure each and every guest has an enjoyable stay. I look forward to welcoming you once again.

Amy Bains
GM

There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn Seattle / Tacoma near JBLM Base

Reviewed 7 August 2014

STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN! This place is beyond dirty and poorly maintained. The pictures posted on their website are not even close to the room that you will be receiving. Numerous health and safety code violations including: no smoke detectors in our room (it had been removed, with a hole in the ceiling and dangling wires), uncharged fire extinguisher outside, no fire safety plans on the hotel door, rotted wood walkways and railings, and dirty food containers for their "continental breakfast." The hotel employees were extremely rude and unaccommodating and when asked for a manager, we were told that there was not one on duty.

The location is in a very shady area with loud, obnoxious extended stay guests. There is also a NO REFUND policy which they neglect to tell you so they can scam you for a stay which you will not complete. A USED condom was also found outside a few doors down from us, (approximately 5am-3pm) which no one had cleaned up and disposed of.

At 3pm, we went and complained to the front desk about it and we were told that it was not their responsibility to clean it up. With that comment, we decided that enough was enough and checked out one day into our scheduled week long stay. Spend an extra $10-$20 for a hotel 5 mins up the road that is clean, hospitable, and has a friendly staff!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Hmkaye517
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I come to lakewood twice a month the hotel always gives me the best corporate lodging rate which helps me save tons of time because they always have my paperwork ready at check in and at check out. All of the frobt desk employees are very kind helpful. Will be back
soon.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank goodnights56
AmyBains, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Seattle / Tacoma near JBLM Base, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback with us. This means so much to us as we continue to strive to improve. Please rest assure that I will share your feedback with my entire team. You are a valued guest and we appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to earn this once again on your next visit to the Lakewood area.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My family and I were driving starting from spokane to forks and could not take sitting in tge car any longer and I love my kids but sometimes they can get a wee bit crazy, So stopped here because they offer federal rates for my husband, the rooms were big enough for 4 and beds were comfy, but the best thing were the internet tvs, and breakfast was a wel add on,

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank jocelyyy

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We have been consistently pleased with the service and accommodations of this ABVI. The location is convenient to the Freeway and the staff have always been exceptionally capable, professional and friendly. It is a bit hidden, but visible from the main road. Would recommend to others, especially not trying to spend a lot.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Maria L

Reviewed 19 July 2014

To start of the hotel is in a solid location at a solid price. Although this is not an extravagant hotel, why would there be a reason for it to be. The furniture, well i felt was better than it needed to be which was good. And the beds were comfy and all around clean. Included was a free breakfast as well, and there is a Denny's right down the street. But breakfast was good here. Would come back next time i need to be by base (JBLM) .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Ben S

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Being close to base, this hotels main base involves customers from or associating with the base. Well i can say that the front desk staff vastly helpful, for a soldier and understand our situations. I was a bit short on my room rent the second day, and my card provider was having issues processing my room charges. The young man at front desk was more than generous, and seemed to have lots of experience with the go to bank for us JBLM soldiers, and said "dont worry about it go back to your room and relax i will take care of the issue". Now this is what i call going beyond the call of duty. I will most definetly be coming back here from now on as my home away from home, for the best service and quality. Thanks again ABVI

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Days Inn Lakewood South Tacoma
#1 of 6 in Lakewood
Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer
Comfort Inn Tacoma - Seattle
Candlewood Suites Lakewood

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Seattle / Tacoma near JBLM Base? Share your experiences!