“Peaceful, wish I was there longer”

Best Western Lakewood
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Lakewood
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I only spent one night here but it was a pleasant experience. The grounds were very nicely kept. Looked like a nice outdoor pool and I might have used it if I'd gotten here sooner.

The staff at the front desk were very friendly. We had a room facing the front on the second floor. It looked like it was pretty much sold out. Even though there were a lot of people staying there it was very quite and I never heard any noise from any of the other guests. Some folks were having a picnic/BBQ under the trees when we arrived. Looked very inviting. The room itself was spacious and clean. The beds were great and I had a wonderful nights sleep. I would highly recommend this establishment if you are in the area.

Room Tip: We stayed in 226. Great room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fanfare50
Lakewood Motor I, General Manager at Best Western Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments! We have been very busy lately so if you have a preference for a ground floor or second floor room please call in advance to make sure we can accommodate your request. We do maintain our property and are very proud of being the first hotel that was built in Lakewood. Colonial charm is our thing! We hope to see you again on your next trip to Lakewood.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

On a motorcycling trip with friends we stayed two nights. The room was clean and spacious and we walked to shops and restaurants. Breakfast was decent. Wi-fi would work depending on what side of the building your room was on.

Room Tip: Front side has better wi-fi
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed overnight in transit to Seattle - good, clean and quiet hotel about 5 minutes drive off the
I-5. Good price compared to Seattle prices. Located about 40 minutes south of Sea-Tac. Lots of services nearby - food, gas, banks. The hotel offers a very good continental breakfast in a separate building. Very pleasant and helpful staff. Recommend this hotel as a good overnighter in transit. Ask for a quiet room at the back of the hotel. Stairs to the second floor so if you have a lot of luggage or difficulty with stairs ask for a room on the ground floor. Parking at the door.

Room Tip: Free wifi for some bookings.
1  Thank IndigoJT
Reviewed 4 August 2014

A good value consistent with the BW brand. The staff was very friendly and the location of the hotel is close to Tacoma and a reasonable driving distance from Skokamish Park. Some difficulties with the in-hotel internet that could not be resolved during my stay but otherwise a clean property with expected amenities for the BW brand.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel from one night during a road trip from CA to Seattle. I usually stay at Best Western and when we arrived I didn't have high hopes for this location. However, once we got int he room I was pleasantly surprised. It was very clean, quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The AC unit was also very quiet (not annoying as many hotel units can be).
I actually got the best sleep of the week in this motel. I would stay here again if I was in the area. Just be aware it is pretty far off the freeway and not in a great neighborhood.

Room Tip: Upstairs in the back seemed quieter than the front.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel is at a good location to visit Mt. Rainier, Olympic NP and Seattle. The hotel is attractive and comfortable, but the front desk assigned us to 3 different rooms before finding a clean one. The maids need better communication with the front desk as to what rooms are ready. (We did not arrive early; it was after 6 PM.) We were tired from a long day of traveling, and were exhausted by the time we got settled into a clean room.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Lakewood Motor I, General Manager at Best Western Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Diane,

Please receive our deepest apologies. I have some new members in my staff and they are still getting the hang of things. I had a staff meeting and re-trained them on some procedures. This incident should not repeat itself, lack of communication in our team is unacceptable. I hope you give us another opportunity to serve you and provide you with superior customer care.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Very nice and quiet hotel (even though they were booked solid). Room was above average. I do think the cost was a little too high compared to other places we have stayed that were nicer. We were checked in promptly and the staff were very helpful about places of interest and where to eat.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Americas Best Value Inn Seattle / Tacoma near JBLM Base
Days Inn Lakewood South Tacoma
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tac...
#1 of 1 in Lakewood Pierce County
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#12 of 27 in Tacoma
Candlewood Suites Lakewood
Hotel Murano
Hotel Murano
#2 of 27 in Tacoma

Been to Best Western Lakewood? Share your experiences!