We absolutely loved our stay at the Inn at Langley, and we experienced none of the issues raised in the previous review. The location, service and views were fabulous! We stayed in one of the cottages and found the accommodations in great shape…comfy bed, cozy fireplace, wonderful full-window views and easy access to the water and boardwalk. It was always very quiet and very private.
Breakfast quickly became a highlight of each day. There wasn't just an attendant at breakfast, but a wonderful chef named Amanda. Each day the bountiful spread included several fresh fruits (amazing strawberries, cherries, peaches, etc.), yogurt, granola, silky smoked salmon, brie, goat cheese, fresh breads and preserves, along with a delicious daily quiche served piping hot from the oven and a minimum of three choice of freshly made breakfast pastries like apricot cake, cherry crumble, blueberry streusel coffee cake…I could go on and on. Amanda took excellent care of us each and every morning and was a delight to chat with about everything from food to music.
We had only two small quibbles during our stay. First, since we were in the middle of "java central USA", we were surprised to find only instant coffee in the room, albeit Starbuck's. Due to the time difference, we were up with the sun each day and earlier real coffee would have been nice. Second, if you plan on enjoying any wine in your room, on the deck or in the garden (all of which we recommend!), you might want to bring your own stemware. Glasses are provided, but they are of very low quality - thick-rimmed and tiny. Happily, we were able to find some perfectly workable wine glasses at The Star Store in town for a mere $10 each. So, these items could be improved, but we were easily able to find a solution.
The owners, front desk staff and restaurant staff were all helpful, friendly and gracious. We've traveled all over the world and the experience here compared favorably with many high-ranking properties. It's not a polished cosmopolitan hotel, but then that's not what we're looking for when we come to a place like Whidbey Island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Langley built into a bluff overlooking the Cascade Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Southall Travel, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Inn at Langley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Langley Hotel Langley
- Inn At Langley Whidbey Island, Washington