“Warm and peaceful”
Review of Saratoga Inn

Saratoga Inn
Ranked #1 of 16 Langley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 July 2010

We stayed at Saratoga Inn before going on a 14 day cruise to Alaska out of Seattle. Though the weather rained the entire 3 days of our stay we enjoyed the inn a lot. My husband said their home made cookies were the best he ever had. Breakfast isn't served til 0830 which is a little late, but worth the wait. Staff were very friendly and helpful. We usually stay at hotels and this was a pleasant change that we won't hesitate to do again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank davis0056

Reviewed 10 June 2010

As a single lady staying at the Saratoga Inn, I felt so comfortable and welcomed -- I never felt alone. Everyone I met at the Inn, including the other guests, were personable and friendly. The Inn is located right in town, so I was able to walk to all the shops and restaurants. The front porch was a delightful place to relax with a view of the Cascades and Saratoga Passage, while having some friendly conversation with other guests. Breakfast was delightful and the Inn's cook, Susan, baked some gluten-free muffins made special just for me.

My room was very clean, bright and nicely decorated in a coastal cottage character. The staff was courteous and helpful.

All and all, this was the perfect retreat for me as a solo traveller. am looking forward to coming back in the fall.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank mitzipearl
Reviewed 28 May 2010

If you don't have trouble sleeping, disregard this. The windows have nearly transparent pleated shades and no curtains. Even on a quiet night, the street light kept it too light in the room. By 4 am, with the sun coming up, I could read a novel without turning a light on.
Other than that...breakfast isn't served until 8:30. That's too late.
The room was comfortable and well decorated but didn't have a tub. Some do.
I got a decent midweek price. And, it's a great location. The front desk woman was sweet and polite.
Two words: Eye mask.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank nomad1955Seattle
Reviewed 30 March 2010

We stayed in Whidbey island for our anniversary and after reading all the reviews here settled on Saratoga Inn and boy were we happy we did. This is an idyllic and charming B&B with just the perfect surroundings and atmosphere. The staff is excellent, the breakfast spread is unbelievable and the rooms are clean and well-maintained. The scenery from the room and if you step outside is breathtaking. Langley is the epitome of an island town and Saratoga Inn is the trademark of island living. Maybe a little pricey for some but uou will not be disappointed.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank eaglered_77
Reviewed 6 March 2010

Beautiful view overlooking Saratoga Passage. Langley is an artisan shop town with lots of interesting places to browse and cuisine to tempt your tastebuds. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed are stay and a day of just browsing the shops.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank olboatman
Reviewed 15 February 2010

I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend at this delightful Inn. The service at the Saratoga Inn exceeded my expectations. The room was clean, neat, warm and beautiful. I loved having a fireplace in my room and a view of the water! The attention to detail at the Inn was surpassed other experiences. The location is right downtown Langley, and since it is by the water it is quiet. The breakfast was amazing, my favorite beverages were available all day, and the wine and appetizers were delicious!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank adventure47
Reviewed 3 February 2010

From the moment I walked in the door I knew my stay here is going to be extraordinary. The Saratoga Inn was warm, friendly and relaxing. The accommodations were cozy and comfortable, the waterview was peaceful and the fireplace was calming, The staff was friendly and attentive to your every need. They made everyone feel so welcome. It is truely a very special place. Can't wait to come back !!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank JPensea
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langley
Captain Whidbey Inn
Harbor Inn
Harbor Inn
#1 of 1 in Freeland
Country Cottage of Langley

Been to Saratoga Inn? Share your experiences!