“Charming and Delightful! Can't Wait to Come Back!”
Review of Saratoga Inn

Saratoga Inn
Ranked #1 of 16 Langley B&B and Inns
Santa Clarita, California
“Charming and Delightful! Can't Wait to Come Back!”
Reviewed 25 July 2010

This was our first family trip to Washington and Whidbey Island and we couldn't be happier with our choice of accommodations! The Saratoga Inn in Langley on Whidbey Island was so charming and cozy that we felt right at home the minute we arrived! The front porch overlooking the water and the Saratoga Passage was the perfect place to sit and unwind after a day of sightseeing and just watch the boats go by. And the beds -- so comfortable! But the best part of the inn is the staff. They were so friendly and gracious and Susan, the chef, made the most amazing delicious breakfasts each and every day. We couldn't wait to get down to the breakfast room! There were 5 people in our group: my dad, my husband, myself and my kids (8 and 10 years) and we had 2 rooms (#8 with a view of the water and #18 which had a twin bed set inside a small alcove off the main room which was perfect for 3 people). We will definitely come back..again and again!

2 Thank LJPeterson_65

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Seattle
Reviewed 22 July 2010

My husband took me here after discovering in on a recent visit to the island. The website looked very nice, and we liked that it included complimentary wine, appetizers and a hot breakfast. We were so impressed with the property, because it was so much better than the website or what we expected. We arrived right on time for the wine and appetizers. We checked into our room to put the bags away, and loved the comfortable decor with grand fireplace and amzing view! We went down to get wine, and all the rocking chairs out front were taken, as were the patio tables, but there were plenty of room in the sitting/ dining area, that has a full on view of the water. After coming back from dinner at Prima, we helped ourselves to home made chocolate chip cherry cookies. They were the best cookies ever! They also have complimentary coffee, tea, cocoa, sodas, water availble 24/7 no charge! The next morning I went down to get a cup of coffee and sat out side on one of the rocking chairs just looking at the water view in front of me. The breakfast was an herbed veggie quiche, fresh fruit, fresh baked muffins, oatmeal, cereal, juice. So yummy!!! It was like a brunch! We were so full we did not eat again until dinner. So if you factor in the food, and drinks, it's an amazing value. They also have DVD for free that you can watch, with new releases. I'm so glad we chose this place over the Inn at Langley. I couldn't imagine it being more comfortable, and elegant, but definetly more pricey. The cost was double, but the only think the Saratoga doesn't have is a nice restaurant with a dinner experience, which is 6 courses. Anyways, it was a good call. So close to everything! You will not be disappointed. I can't wait to go back.

1 Thank Sawseeton
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 18 July 2010

I was camping with the children - I took advice on a great location for my elderly parents to stay. The Saratoga Inn was perfect for them. Very comfortable and extremely friendly service. The complimentary afternoon wine and canapes and the included full breakfast made for sheer perfection. More than I can say for our camping trip! Needless to say, we've booked for the same weekend next year.

Mercer Island, Washington
Reviewed 2 July 2010

From check in until check-out we found pleasures beyond expectations: complimentary beautiful breakfasts (more like a brunch); complimentary afternoon wine and appetizers; DVDs, cookies, coffee, tea anytime; bed turndown service with delicious chocolate on our pillows. This was a little piece of paradise for our city getaway. We'll definitely return.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2turtletravelers
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed 2 July 2010

We stayed at Saratoga Inn before going on a 14 day cruise to Alaska out of Seattle. Though the weather rained the entire 3 days of our stay we enjoyed the inn a lot. My husband said their home made cookies were the best he ever had. Breakfast isn't served til 0830 which is a little late, but worth the wait. Staff were very friendly and helpful. We usually stay at hotels and this was a pleasant change that we won't hesitate to do again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank davis0056
Phoenix
Reviewed 10 June 2010

As a single lady staying at the Saratoga Inn, I felt so comfortable and welcomed -- I never felt alone. Everyone I met at the Inn, including the other guests, were personable and friendly. The Inn is located right in town, so I was able to walk to all the shops and restaurants. The front porch was a delightful place to relax with a view of the Cascades and Saratoga Passage, while having some friendly conversation with other guests. Breakfast was delightful and the Inn's cook, Susan, baked some gluten-free muffins made special just for me.

My room was very clean, bright and nicely decorated in a coastal cottage character. The staff was courteous and helpful.

All and all, this was the perfect retreat for me as a solo traveller. am looking forward to coming back in the fall.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank mitzipearl
Seattle
Reviewed 28 May 2010

If you don't have trouble sleeping, disregard this. The windows have nearly transparent pleated shades and no curtains. Even on a quiet night, the street light kept it too light in the room. By 4 am, with the sun coming up, I could read a novel without turning a light on.
Other than that...breakfast isn't served until 8:30. That's too late.
The room was comfortable and well decorated but didn't have a tub. Some do.
I got a decent midweek price. And, it's a great location. The front desk woman was sweet and polite.
Two words: Eye mask.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank nomad1955Seattle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langley
Captain Whidbey Inn
#2 of 16 in Langley
Harbor Inn
Harbor Inn
#1 of 1 in Freeland

Been to Saratoga Inn? Share your experiences!