A group of us (six lady friends in our 60’s & 70”s) rented 3 rooms for 4 nights. We had arrived early just to check out where the Inn was and to hopefully drop off our luggage. No one answered the doorbell so we walked around the place to see if someone was there. We heard a voice from an upstairs window asking us what we wanted. We introduced ourselves and gave our info and were told to come back at 3:30 and that they would rather we not leave our luggage as they were busy and would have to come downstairs. The owners did not introduce themselves or welcome us to the Inn, so off we went and came back at 3:30.
The pros: beautiful setting, nice rooms for four of us (Saratoga & Forest Rooms), good breakfast, good island info
1. Terrible room for two of us (Garden Room - sink drained poorly, tiny shower, little clothes hanging space, very dark with noise from the owners rooms above both in the evening & in the morning)). Not light and airy as described on the site.
2. Inflexible rules - every single night at 10:00 pm, Jerry came up to advise us about quiet time. When we said we still wanted to talk, we were told we were disturbing the other guests. We had already checked with the people on the top floor and they were watching a movie. When we told him this, he then advised that “they” (the owners) could hear us over their TV (downstairs and through closed doors). It felt as if we were being treated like children instead of paying guests.
3. Very unwelcoming feel over all
4. Door to breakfast room closed with "Private Sign" on it and no one allowed in room until 9:00 am sharp. That meant no breakfast if you needed to eat earlier. Breakfast felt very formal - coffee served rather than just letting guests help themselves. The two guests in the fourth room had to leave early, so they did not get any breakfast even though their breakfast was part of the cost of their stay. More inflexibility.
I have stayed in many B&B’s in the US, Canada and Europe and have never had to write a negative review (or one this long) as no place is perfect, but this review was written with input from all six of the ladies who rented the 3 rooms. None of had encountered an inn that made a point to say on a note in each room that they start early so are essentially not available in the evenings.
For some guests this might be a good place but, we would not return as we like a more comfortable, relaxed stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn with hilltop views of Puget Sound and Mt. Baker is adjacent to a forest wildlife corridor and trail system. Perfect for hiking, biking and birding. Comfortably appointed rooms… upscale yet casual … each its own NATURE retreat. All have private bath, comfortable beds, fine linens, cozy furnishings, in-room-coffee, refrigerators, Flat screen Cable TV, WI-FI, and a deck with view. Full Northwest breakfast, featuring organic and locally grown foods. “Discover the NATURE of Whidbey”. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Eagles Nest Inn Bed And Breakfast Langley, Whidbey Island, Washington