“Our Lucky Day”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Langley
Eagles Nest Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 16 Langley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My boyfriend and I were fortunate to stay here after finding out his passport was expired and we were already set to stay in Canada for the weekend! We were able to book the Forrest Room for 2 weeks on Veteran's Day weekend, which was lovely. The room was spacious, the bed was wonderful, and it even has it's own "side" door with stairs, so you can go in and out without going through the rest of the house. Jerry and Joanne were super nice the entire weekend. Check-in is between 3:30 and 6PM, and breakfast is at 9AM every morning. They have tons of games and movies in the common area that you can choose from if you want to make it a night in. They have menus from locals restaurants that you can check out if you want to go out for a bite. The best part: they provide a map of the island each morning so you can see all of attractions in the area and they give you an inside scoop of what is going on. We very much enjoyed our stay and it was a pleasant way to spend the holiday weekend, even with the last minute change of plans. Other guests were repeat patrons and visit the island often, while it was our first visit ... but it sure won't be our last!! I definitely recommend this Bed & Breakfast for travelers who want to feel at home while they are away

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Eagles Nest Inn Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Beautiful setting, with easy access to the lovely town of Langley, Eagles Nest is immaculate. The owners provided helpful information for walks, etc. but.... Five of us occupied three rooms. No one was in the fourth room. We were told to keep the outside door locked which we understood and honored. However we did not choose to lock our room doors. We went put for a few hours and returned to find our room doors locked, and for one of the rooms the keys were inside the room. The owners made a point of having told us that they were busy during the day and should not be bothered so it was awkward to have to ring the interior bell to ask for a room key. We were the only guests, we were told that breakfast was served at 9 and there was no flexibility. We understand that there is only one breakfast sitting, but since we were the only guests we would have appreciated being asked what time we want breakfast. There is a very nice common room but there is New Age music playing constantly from morning to night and we found it intrusive. This would be a perfect place for many, but we felt that the rules went over the lines of reasonable to rigidity

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank msmithpen
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This was a return visit after many years away. The rooms are still first class, very comfortable, with great views of Mt. Baker and the surroundings. The breakfast both mornings was delicious. Joanne incorporates local fresh items in some great recipes.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Joanne and Jerry (the owners) work very hard to make sure that your stay on the island is wonderful. They are very accomodating and flexible. The rooms are nice and the breakfast is great (and fresh).

My vegan needs were perfectly accomodated.

I am very appreciative to the fact that Joanne and Jerry helped us with small things (wrapping a wedding present, preparing a package for mailing, etc.). The next time I go to Whidbey Island, I'll definitely look up the Eagle's Nest Inn.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2012

I have come to greatly appreciate the Eagle's Nest Inn as an antidote to how hectic my life can become on occasion. Joanne and Jerry provide a clean, friendly, relaxing B&B, with healthy yet plentiful breakfasts, beautifully maintained rooms with lovely views, and a quiet spot that the local wildlife wander through on a regular basis. All of the rooms are lovingly decorated with care - my favorite is the Forest room with it's private entrance, wonderful views of Saratoga Passage, and quick access to both the Commons area inside and the hot tub outside. The grounds are wonderful to meander through, or sit and let the wildlife come to you. Inside, don't miss the *wildlife* painted here and there throughout the building, and prepare to be amazed by the beautiful panorama wall in the lower Commons area. I am so pleased that I discovered this marvelous Inn a few years ago, and spending time there has become very special to me. So much so that I've been back for 5 years running, and I hope to continue doing so so for many years to come.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Rita K
Reviewed 5 September 2012

A group of us (six lady friends in our 60’s & 70”s) rented 3 rooms for 4 nights. We had arrived early just to check out where the Inn was and to hopefully drop off our luggage. No one answered the doorbell so we walked around the place to see if someone was there. We heard a voice from an upstairs window asking us what we wanted. We introduced ourselves and gave our info and were told to come back at 3:30 and that they would rather we not leave our luggage as they were busy and would have to come downstairs. The owners did not introduce themselves or welcome us to the Inn, so off we went and came back at 3:30.
The pros: beautiful setting, nice rooms for four of us (Saratoga & Forest Rooms), good breakfast, good island info
The cons:
1. Terrible room for two of us (Garden Room - sink drained poorly, tiny shower, little clothes hanging space, very dark with noise from the owners rooms above both in the evening & in the morning)). Not light and airy as described on the site.
2. Inflexible rules - every single night at 10:00 pm, Jerry came up to advise us about quiet time. When we said we still wanted to talk, we were told we were disturbing the other guests. We had already checked with the people on the top floor and they were watching a movie. When we told him this, he then advised that “they” (the owners) could hear us over their TV (downstairs and through closed doors). It felt as if we were being treated like children instead of paying guests.
3. Very unwelcoming feel over all
4. Door to breakfast room closed with "Private Sign" on it and no one allowed in room until 9:00 am sharp. That meant no breakfast if you needed to eat earlier. Breakfast felt very formal - coffee served rather than just letting guests help themselves. The two guests in the fourth room had to leave early, so they did not get any breakfast even though their breakfast was part of the cost of their stay. More inflexibility.

I have stayed in many B&B’s in the US, Canada and Europe and have never had to write a negative review (or one this long) as no place is perfect, but this review was written with input from all six of the ladies who rented the 3 rooms. None of had encountered an inn that made a point to say on a note in each room that they start early so are essentially not available in the evenings.

For some guests this might be a good place but, we would not return as we like a more comfortable, relaxed stay.

Room Tip: Garden Room on bottom level is dark and not as the photo shows. Saratoga Room better but non-working...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank SandGonthego
LangleyEaglesNest, Owner at Eagles Nest Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

From the Innkeepers perspective group reservations not reserving the entire Inn are always more challenging for the Innkeepers and sometimes for the guests who are not part of the "exclusive party". For those of you reading this review let me share a little of the behind the scenes of this specific arrival day. We had just had all four rooms depart at shortly before 11:00 am (delightful guests) and all four rooms were checking in. The notes on the reservations indicated that all arriving guests were arriving between 3:30 - 6 pm. No expectations / requests for early arrival.
Really busy: rooms being stripped, laundry to be started and all rooms needed to be cleaned. Jerry was busily mowing 3 1/2 acres and doing clean up out on the acreage to keep things looking nice; as certain chores we can only do on the property when we do not have laying over guests.
I was upstairs in the Saratoga Room with the balcony door open when I hear people walking around out the back; the time was about 11:30 am. I went out onto the balcony and look down below to see folks; some peering face up against the glass into the lower windows. I said Hi, can I help you? NOT what do you want. Then came the explanation that we are checking in today and no one answered the doorbell. I explained I can't hear the bell as I'm up in the rooms cleaning.
Someone said I know we are early and I said yes and I'm afraid today I'm doing all rooms and with the workload won't be able to check you in until 3:30. Then someone mentioned dropping the luggage ....what I recall saying was just a moment I'll come downstairs, open up and you can bring it into the lobby. Then someone said well that's OK it should be in the car shouldn't it? I asked if it was in the trunk and they said yes. I said yes we are a small community and don't have any car tampering issues. You were going to hang out in town have lunch and I assured you we would be ready by 3:30. I know some where in there I said; by the way I'm Joanne.

I'm glad you found some pros: beautiful setting, nice rooms (4 of you were happy) good breakfasts and area info.

The cons: The only thing terrible about the Garden Room is that when you booked your rooms you separated your group and when that was noticed on check in there was an immediate room change wanted. This before even seeing the room. When the room change was not possible as we were fully reserved these ladies were not happy campers. The room pictures are true to the room and there would have been more light if you had raised the louvered blinds; there are two large windows and plenty of lights. The shower is standard sized and the rake for hanging clothes is 3 feet wide. The slow drain was an issue and was fixed the day you brought to out attention. It was actually the stopper that was out of adjustment that was causing the slow down. Additionally, there are no owner's quarters above the Garden Room or any of the quest rooms here at the Inn.
Rules: Yes there are courtesy rules. Quiet time hours are established for the courtesy of all staying guests when there are mixed parties. This is common place even in hotels. We are not inflexible BUT you did not reserve the entire house and since we the Innkeepers could hear you and we are a long way away from the common area we were concerned about the quality of stay after 10 pm for the room above who was not part of your party. You were not asked to leave the area only be cognizant of the noise and asked to to turn the lights out when you turn in. It is our standard and last routine of the day every night at 10 pm to turn out the lights in the common areas that do not remain on all night and remove any dirty items left at the hospitality counter to be cleaned and returned in the morning. When the areas are still being used we ask the guests to turn the lights out when they turn in. Jerry did that each night. We turned in many nights after 11 pm and you were still enjoying the common areas.
The Open Kitchen/Breakfast Room is not a guest area, it is closed and opens at 9 am for the full breakfast service. Since the kitchen is licensed it can not be a guest area by order of the Health Department. I can open and serve guests when the food is prepared and ready for service. This was explained and is also explained in our in-room information found in each room. There are alternative breakfasts available a continental style and early to go which can be ordered by notifying the Innkeeper the night before. I checked with the couple in the room wanting an early start and they preferred coffee that early and indicated they did not need a to-go but thanked me for the offer.
Staying at B & B's and small properties require a little more courtesy than a hotel but the rewards are so much greater. When expecting exclusivity for a large party be sure to book the entire house then you can have special considerations. It is also advisable to make arrangements with your hosts if you will be coming onto the property early to check in or to drop off luggage. That way you can be assured things will be ready and there will be someone there to greet you.
We enjoy our guests and their comfort and experience is of primary concern to us however as small property please give us the time necessary to do the work to be ready for your stay. We've been enjoying serving guests for over 20 years.

Reviewed 27 July 2012

We stayed at the Eagles Nest for two evenings. While the inn is a bit out of town, the grounds are beautifully kept, peaceful and have a gorgeous view. Joanne and Jerry were great hosts with many recommendations and were a great help. Breakfasts were interesting and tasty. Our room, on the bottom floor, while it did not have a distant water view, overlooked several bird feeders. Paths around the grounds were pretty and there was easy access to other walking trails.
We would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langley
Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront
Harbor Inn
Harbor Inn
#1 of 1 in Freeland
Country Cottage of Langley

Been to Eagles Nest Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!