“Octoberfest”

Fairbridge Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Leavenworth
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This was our 3rd stay at this motel. The rooms are well maintain - very clean and with comfortable beds. Staff is friendly and helpful. Hot breakfast available in the morning. We like this hotel because the price is reasonable and it is easy walking distance to downtown. We don't need to look for parking or worry about having that extra beer. We will be back next year.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room with a bath tub as some rooms only have showers.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

The hotel was nothing special. It's about a ten minute walk from the main tourist area in town. Our room was clean, but very basic. It did have a minifridge though and the TVs had all just been updated to newer flat screen models. The bed was nothing special, but comfortable enough. We were on the first floor facing the street and right next door to the pool and the noise wasn't even noticeable. The staff at the front desk was courteous, but didn't really have everything together. We booked through their website and they thought we had tried to use an external site and an AAA discount. We didn't try the breakfast, but we used the pool and hottub which were both clean and plenty warm. Just be aware that the rooms all have external doors, so if you're going to go to the pool prepare to be cold and run outside for few minutes. The parking situation wasn't great. The spots are tiny and not even all the same size, so we ended up parking in the auxiliary lot to the side of the hotel.

Overall, this is a pretty good place if you want something very basic and in a decent location. It is expensive for what it is, but it's the best you'll get for the price in Leavenworth.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I was skipping through town and needed to stay a night. One hotel was 213.00 a night, which I had, but they only had huge double bed suites and I did not need that. I stopped here next, was less than a 100.00 and this was a Wed. night right before Octoberfest weekend. It was clean, quiet and comfortable. I was on the third floor as they charged me for a single bed, as all they had left was doubles. I wanted high to keep the window open.
It was perfect for an unexpected stay. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I purchased a two-night stay voucher for Fairbridge Inn from LivingSocial. The first impression of this hotel is old old old. We got a room with King sized bed on the second floor. The paint on the furniture has fallen off, the TV is not flat screen, the fireplace is only for decoration. The comforter is very thin with several wear and tear.
For the location, it's about 10-15 min walking to the major area of shopping stores and restaurants which is okay.
The hotel staff is friendly and that's why I would give 2 stars.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I've got to say that I read reviews on Tripadvisor before staying here. It sounded "okay"... That's what it was. Overall, we won't stay here again. I debated on giving two stars but I wanted to be positive. There were several positives and several negatives. The staff there was super nice to us. We stayed three nights. In that period (mostly the first 24 hours), I killed 7 spiders in our room. One was larger than a quarter. We found the previous persons toothbrush in our bathroom along with drug paraphanalia. There was a nice coffee maker and only decaffinated coffee. Every day we had to go to the front desk and get regular coffee. I did ask (on the second day) to please tell room service to put regular coffee in our room please... I would say the room was last updated in the 80's. It was old and tired to say the least. We had a fireplace in the room that had hand prints from small children all over the glass. The T.V.'s were the old style and not the new HD type. All those pictures (in tripadvisor) that show these relatively nice rooms - I didn't see one like that! Sure wasn't ours. The free breakfast was decent. For what it was, it was good. The pool was a bit gross looking so we didn't use it. Very murky water. The hot tub was good. The location of the hotel was nice. A couple of blocks from downtown so that was convenient. We never considered staying elsewhere but we also looked at a couple of other places while there so next time we will have a better place to stay. We are out all day so we don't need anything super elaborate but at the same time, I want a decent, clean place to stay. This really wasn't it.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Me and My husband were stayed 2 nights with the hotel. we had a great stay, very good hot breakfast service 7 am-10am. .Nice, clean and quiet room . The hotel position is great . It's walk distant to the center of the town. This is very acceptable and recommendable. We were very happy with the price and stayed.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Before I share my experience and you think I have something out for this hotel, I want you to know I only write this so you can take it into consideration before booking here. I've NEVER written an on line review EVER but had such an awful stay I want to be sure folks have the benefit of my learning. I'm sure the fact we stayed the weekend of Oktoberfest contributed to the terrible experience because the festival weekend jacks up prices and brings in folks that want to drink all night at the beer gardens, however I can honestly say this is the worst hotel experience I've had. Charging what amounted to $270/night (including taxes) for this run down hotel (dirty & torn carpet and stained bathtub) that was incredibly noisy from street traffic, drunk Oktoberfest guests and pets left alone barking nonstop was criminal. Had I known what to expect, I definitely would have saved my money, stayed in a chain hotel in Wenatchee and driven into town and had a much, much better night's sleep to boot. I share this so you are aware what you are getting in to if you book when Leavenworth has an event going on and hotel occupancy is limited. The staff is not nasty, but honestly not cordial either. I was in the lobby one morning and said hello to the person on duty who did not acknowledge us. It's a small enough lobby, I'm certain this person heard my greeting.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family