“Very clean if you like Super 8 accommodations”

Fairbridge Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Leavenworth
Everett, Washington
“Very clean if you like Super 8 accommodations”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is an old hotel, at least we stayed in the old section. The room was very, very clean. But it was small, cramped with an outdoor room entrance so you could hear passers-by. The staff here were friendly and very, very gracious. There is another section to this hotel that looks newer, with an elevator and looks like room entrances are inside from a hallway.
Generous continental breakfast included. Unfortunately the room is too old and cramped for me to return here. Because of people walking past the door all the time, it did not feel very private, and one couldn't open the curtains (but then, there was no view.)
Old fashioned room A/C that was noisy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the newer section. Perhaps these will have nicer bathrooms, and an inside entrance...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Auburn, Washington
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The breakfast and pool, hot tub were very good. The room was clean but small. The location was close enough for a nice walk to town. The balcony over the entrance was a pleasant area to sit and enjoy the views in the warm air. The plumbing was noisy and so was main road not far from our room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Just not a nice place. The room layout was strange with a sink in the living room and bedroom, no sink in the bathroom. Microwave and fridge in the bedroom. There was a hallway between the living room and bedroom with 3 doors to negotiate. The carpet was ripped in spots, the painting was messy on the walls, mildew on the shower wall, kids ran back and forth on the walkway above, dog in the room next door was left to bark on its own. Unpleasant, to say the least. Owner has obviously spent the minimum to try and make it look presentable but it just looks old and worn. It's dog-friendly but has no grass or area for your dog to go potty. Noisy heater varooomed on all night long.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Leavenworth hotels

WA
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I booked 4 rooms for our group of 7 people all family and friends. First time visiting Leavenworth for 6 out of the 7 people. On the outside, the hotel looked very cute. Was able to check in early for 2 out of the 4 rooms, so we basically dropped our bags off between the rooms for the group and ventured out until the other 2 rooms were ready at 4:00 pm. I have to say the first front desk woman was very friendly and gave us great dining ideas and super nice. All of our rooms were on the second floor and they really accommodated us by having 3 of the rooms right next to each other which was really nice. The walk way and the stairs were not very secure and are in bad need of repair. We were a little hesitant to walk on some areas because it felt too soft instead of firm ground.

When we came back to check the rest of our group the seconf front desk person was very nice and friendly as well. It was at that time where I actually did a closer inspection of my king room (the rest had queen rooms). The floor was clean along with the bathroom. Inspecting the bed was a different story. There was first a weird stain along with a hair when I removed the decorating sheet at the bottom of the bed. When I pulled the top comforter down there was even more stains as if the sheets were not laundered at all from the last guests. There was a lipstick or polish stain on the fitted sheet and a yellowish stain on the actually fitted where a person would lie down and I think it's pretty safe to assume it was some type of bodily fluid. Then looking at the first pillow facing me, I noticed there was a ring of stains underneath the pillow case like someone had been sweating like no other or drooling and it was tinted yellow as well. There was no way in heck that me and my 8 year old were going to sleep in that bed!

With all that I discovered I went to each of the other 3 rooms and made sure that everyone closely inspect their beds with the room well lit before I went to talk to the front desk. The second woman who had checked us in for the other 2 rooms happened to be coming up the stairs where I was and I asked when she was done with what she was doing that I needed to talk to her about my room. I showed her the pictures I took on my phone and she said to talk to the manager who was at the front desk.

I made my way down there and showed the pictures to the manager and he was apologetic and moved me to another nice king room and provided a bottle of sparkling cider, chocolate and a complimentary movie rental. He was very professional, friendly and rectified the situation quickly. My poor rating is because even though my room was the worst one out of the 4 I booked, there were issues with a lot of dust in another that was discovered late at night and a third room who also noticed some weird stains on the bed skirt and side of the mattress that were missed. Nonetheless, no one slept well and to top it off when I was about to make coffee the next morning as I was about to pour the water in the reservoir there was a short brown hair (I have long black hair) sitting on top and it fell into the coffee reservoir. No coffee for me, luckily there was a place close by that we went to instead.

We did attempt to try their complimentary breakfast which smelled really good once we were on the third floor but the tables were dirty (messy eaters perhaps?) and the chairs were really gross. So many stains on every chair at the table and extras we grabbed that we actually bailed on breakfast there and ate somewhere else close by because no body wanted to sit on the chairs.

We were all very tired from not sleeping well but still enjoyed the town and the staff was very nice. The location was great too since we just had to walk 5 minutes or so to get to the busier town area for shopping and restaurants. It's just too bad that there was such a lack of cleanliness in 3 out of the 4 rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms in the corners appeared to by more noisy if your neighbors allow the door to slam and if they...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This is a very nice hotel, in keeping with the theme of the town. The clerk was very friendly and helpful at check in and check out, the room was very nice and clean. The breakfast room was very nice with a great breakfast bar, plenty of tables and nice fireplace. The location is good and very close to downtown - a pleasant walk. I would recommend this hotel and stay there again. They do accommodate pets, which is a necessity for me since I travel with a small dog.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Renton, Washington
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

The Fairbridge had a lovely staff, friendly, helpful and informative. Super location within walking distance of the town and park. Breakfast room is lovely with a nice self serve breakfast. The only negative was the "old" smell in our room. Needs a fresh coat of paint to rid it of that smell.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sequim
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Our one night in this hotel was fine, for the $. The three of us checked out for less than $100.00. So I should not complain but,,,The room was relatively clean, the mattresses were ok (except the rolling extra was awful and my teenagers can not sleep on a queen together or with me), the room was a terrible layout with a very cheap bathroom and after a restless night the breakfast was abysmal. I have stayed in lots of Marriott Courtyards and the free breakfast is what it is. But this was a similar fair but absolutely not appealing at all. The exterior decks are falling apart and it was just not a pleasant atmosphere all around.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family