“A good deal...” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Leavenworth
Canada
“A good deal...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is one of the cheaper hotels in Leavenworth. We asked for a room in the new section and were pleasantly surprised after reading some other reviews! Room was clean, well stocked, wifi was fast and lots of hot water. Minor inconvenience was the two Queen beds in the room - the price to pay for the new section of the hotel :) ...

Staff were both very friendly and helpful!

Will stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room. In the new section.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PeterDCanada

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Oliver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

The Fairbridge was very reasonably priced, clean and the staff friendly. It is an older motel in easy walking distance of the downtown core. There were several maintenance issues in our room and our room was very small. The fridge froze all our food even though we had turned it down to medium. Sometimes the shower water in the morning was barely warm. The pool and hot tub area was clean but basically unused. The breakfast was adequate. Décor was older but beds comfy and the rooms did have flat screen TV's. It was nice to be able to sit inside or outside to have your breakfast.

Room Tip: A room facing the south side would be quieter and probably a suite would be worth paying a little mo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I'd call the decor "early Motel 6." The carpets are worn, the paint is fading, the fixtures are, well, eclectic (a strange mix of things). It is right on the main drag through town (seems like almost all the hotels are), so there is a bit of noise from the street.

Breakfast (included) was ok, the usual mix of cereals, pastries, and bulk quantities of scrambled eggs and sausages.

Didn't use the pool, but the hot tub sure came in handy after a long day of hiking!

The staff was super nice and accommodating.

Room Tip: Plus and minus of being on the ground floor...more people walking by right outside your window, but...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Everett, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is an old hotel, at least we stayed in the old section. The room was very, very clean. But it was small, cramped with an outdoor room entrance so you could hear passers-by. The staff here were friendly and very, very gracious. There is another section to this hotel that looks newer, with an elevator and looks like room entrances are inside from a hallway.
Generous continental breakfast included. Unfortunately the room is too old and cramped for me to return here. Because of people walking past the door all the time, it did not feel very private, and one couldn't open the curtains (but then, there was no view.)
Old fashioned room A/C that was noisy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the newer section. Perhaps these will have nicer bathrooms, and an inside entrance...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Leavenworth hotels

Auburn, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

The breakfast and pool, hot tub were very good. The room was clean but small. The location was close enough for a nice walk to town. The balcony over the entrance was a pleasant area to sit and enjoy the views in the warm air. The plumbing was noisy and so was main road not far from our room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Just not a nice place. The room layout was strange with a sink in the living room and bedroom, no sink in the bathroom. Microwave and fridge in the bedroom. There was a hallway between the living room and bedroom with 3 doors to negotiate. The carpet was ripped in spots, the painting was messy on the walls, mildew on the shower wall, kids ran back and forth on the walkway above, dog in the room next door was left to bark on its own. Unpleasant, to say the least. Owner has obviously spent the minimum to try and make it look presentable but it just looks old and worn. It's dog-friendly but has no grass or area for your dog to go potty. Noisy heater varooomed on all night long.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
WA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I booked 4 rooms for our group of 7 people all family and friends. First time visiting Leavenworth for 6 out of the 7 people. On the outside, the hotel looked very cute. Was able to check in early for 2 out of the 4 rooms, so we basically dropped our bags off between the rooms for the group and ventured out until the other 2 rooms were ready at 4:00 pm. I have to say the first front desk woman was very friendly and gave us great dining ideas and super nice. All of our rooms were on the second floor and they really accommodated us by having 3 of the rooms right next to each other which was really nice. The walk way and the stairs were not very secure and are in bad need of repair. We were a little hesitant to walk on some areas because it felt too soft instead of firm ground.

When we came back to check the rest of our group the seconf front desk person was very nice and friendly as well. It was at that time where I actually did a closer inspection of my king room (the rest had queen rooms). The floor was clean along with the bathroom. Inspecting the bed was a different story. There was first a weird stain along with a hair when I removed the decorating sheet at the bottom of the bed. When I pulled the top comforter down there was even more stains as if the sheets were not laundered at all from the last guests. There was a lipstick or polish stain on the fitted sheet and a yellowish stain on the actually fitted where a person would lie down and I think it's pretty safe to assume it was some type of bodily fluid. Then looking at the first pillow facing me, I noticed there was a ring of stains underneath the pillow case like someone had been sweating like no other or drooling and it was tinted yellow as well. There was no way in heck that me and my 8 year old were going to sleep in that bed!

With all that I discovered I went to each of the other 3 rooms and made sure that everyone closely inspect their beds with the room well lit before I went to talk to the front desk. The second woman who had checked us in for the other 2 rooms happened to be coming up the stairs where I was and I asked when she was done with what she was doing that I needed to talk to her about my room. I showed her the pictures I took on my phone and she said to talk to the manager who was at the front desk.

I made my way down there and showed the pictures to the manager and he was apologetic and moved me to another nice king room and provided a bottle of sparkling cider, chocolate and a complimentary movie rental. He was very professional, friendly and rectified the situation quickly. My poor rating is because even though my room was the worst one out of the 4 I booked, there were issues with a lot of dust in another that was discovered late at night and a third room who also noticed some weird stains on the bed skirt and side of the mattress that were missed. Nonetheless, no one slept well and to top it off when I was about to make coffee the next morning as I was about to pour the water in the reservoir there was a short brown hair (I have long black hair) sitting on top and it fell into the coffee reservoir. No coffee for me, luckily there was a place close by that we went to instead.

We did attempt to try their complimentary breakfast which smelled really good once we were on the third floor but the tables were dirty (messy eaters perhaps?) and the chairs were really gross. So many stains on every chair at the table and extras we grabbed that we actually bailed on breakfast there and ate somewhere else close by because no body wanted to sit on the chairs.

We were all very tired from not sleeping well but still enjoyed the town and the staff was very nice. The location was great too since we just had to walk 5 minutes or so to get to the busier town area for shopping and restaurants. It's just too bad that there was such a lack of cleanliness in 3 out of the 4 rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms in the corners appeared to by more noisy if your neighbors allow the door to slam and if they...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family