“Great Accommodations, despite the stairs”
Review of Dream House Suites

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leavenworth
Dream House Suites
Reviewed 11 December 2011

We've made the annual trek to Leavenworth for the town lighting each Christmas season and opted to try a condo over a hotel so we could prepare meals. The Dream house suites are just off the main street, above the Die Musik box store. Because we were going to the theatre, it was great to be only half a block from the Festhall. Overall, our stay was exceptional. The condo is clean, nicely decorated and warm...a very good thing in December. The walls seem a bit thin (we could hear voices early in the evening, but all the neighbors this weekend were very respectful of each other and there was no late night partying), and the climb up to the condos is a real workout, there are no elevators. The bed was comfortable and the sofa sleeper was ready for our son. The pillows were not good though, prompting us each to wish we'd brought our own. Softer pillows would be good, I had a headache and neck pain each morning. Because we intended to do our own cooking, I was disappointed that there was only one frypan and pot (both of which were not in good shape)...because I was doing french toast, I am glad I brought my own griddle. There was only one sharp knife and we found the salt and pepper nearly gone. We bought our own at the store, as well as cinnamon, which I had forgotten. A small compliment of standard spices would have been nice, but understand their absence.
There were a couple of downfalls, which is no fault of the condo owners. First, was being awoken at 6 am Saturday morning by someone pounding below us. Turns out one of the business owners had a door being replaced. Why they couldn't wait until a more reasonable hour on a weekend? I don't know. My husband spoke w/ the gentleman and expressed our displeasure at the rude awakening. Then, the parking on the alley. We have a full size pickup and it was a real challenge parking...not to mention the rude person (we think we know who but could never prove it), who hit our truck trying to get their own vehicle out. There is no way they couldn't know they hit us, and are very lucky it appears to be all cosmetic.
Still, I would highly recommend the Dream House suites for any stay in Leavenworth and we will definitely stay there again...

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank takn123

Reviewed 27 September 2011

My suite was spotless, linens were clean and crisp, and there was a cozy fall colored quilt. Extra pillows and blankets were in the closet which were in the same excellent condition. The living room had a full size couch, a large sized cozy seat with ottoman, a gas fire place, as well as a dining table for four with pretty flowers and a beautiful view of a chapel. The kitchen was equipped with a full sized refrigerator, range top, dishwasher, dishes, pot/skillet and garbage disposal. The windows were open when I arrived and stayed open during my entire visit. This made listening to the concert at the brewery next door as good as being there! (only better stretched out on the couch) The bedroom had a door going out to a small patio. The alley parking was clean and safe. The stairs were just what I needed. The price was nice. It was easy to become a part of the community, everyone was friendly and helpful. Lynn was around, if you need something just let her know.

Room Tip: All the suites are cute. One has a beautiful quilt on the wall. I would have been just as comforta...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Walie
Reviewed 22 August 2011

If you are planning a trip to Leavenworth, then you really need to consider staying at the Dream House Suites. We stayed at the Dream House Suites over the Thanksgiving Holiday 2010 and again for a family gathering in August 2011. Dream House suites is exactly that, a dream! We stayed in a different room on each visit, and both times the room was spotless and the comfy homey feeling just drew us in and made us want to stay longer. We are already talking about next year! The location is absulutely great, right in the heart of all the activity, so walking anywhere is a breeze. During both visits we had the pleasure of meeting Lynn and her husband. Lynn is a very pleasant hostess, she took the time to visit and talk about other attractions in the area that were going on that weekend that sparked the interest of some of the family members. Thanks Lynn!

Room Tip: Book early, room 1 is the preferred room for us.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Kevin R
Reviewed 15 August 2011

After reviewing A LOT of lodging in Leavenworth my husband and I settled on this solely for the large suite with big tub and fireplace. I paid 50% up front for Suite #1 and then called on our way there to verify the plans and have them charge the balance. Everything was going smoothly until we got there and found that our suite was already occupied. The only room available was #4 and was not at all what we asked for. No tub, no fireplace, and the view was of the back alley, not Front Street. I spoke with Lynn and she asked me to go over to suite #1 and ask the people in there if they had actually reserved #1 and not #4. We were uncomfortable doing so but I wasn't about to spend our 5 year anniversary in that room - so we went over and spoke with a very nice gentleman who confirmed he had been booked for #1 as well. So, we were double booked and had to stay in that room (I called around and there were no other available rooms anywhere else). Lynn was out of the area and wouldn't be back until the evening but extended a discount to me for the inconvenience. She was nice but I felt like more could have been done to make sure our stay was pleasant. A call the next day to make sure we were happy would have been nice but I haven't heard back since that first night. The bed was EXTREMELY uncomfortable - my husband and I are fairly healthy and in our late 20's but could barely move in the morning due to the ackwardness of the mattress. We were woken up by the trash being picked up early the next morning and didn't sleep past 6am. We put a lot of planning into this trip and, after finding family to watch our two girls back home, were planning on getting a lot of sleep. But that did not happen.

I can say the room was clean and nice - but I could've gotten that at a regular hotel and probably slept better on a nicer mattress. Overall I was not happy with this experience and will not return to the Dream House Suites.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sarajanae82
Reviewed 8 July 2011

My friend and I were extremely unsatisfied with our stay at "Dream House." The 4 flights of stairs from a smelly, gross ally were less than ideal (parking the car in the ally was also somewhat nerve racking). The hallway, and room itself had a funny odor, and the bathroom was cleaned with a solvent so strong, we couldn't hardly be in there without choking to death! Also, the location might seem ideal, however, between the ally in the back and the main road in the front it is ridiculously noisy (especially in the morning). Also, we used the fold out couch in the living room to watch a movie, and the owners had the audacity to charge us additionally for the using it! If we had known that kicker, we never would have unfolded it! Also, the owners were less than friendly, very unprofessional, and frankly RUDE!!! I would never recommend this place to anyone-please don't fall for this like we did!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank BaileyAbby2006
lynnrep, Manager at Dream House Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2012

I contacted Trip Advisor after this review was submitted and asked for it to be removed because the information given was not accurate, but they refused. Our rates are based on two guests\single occupancy. There is a note on the sofa bed that says if the bed is used there will be a charge for the additional time involved in cleaning and changing the bed. What this guest did not disclose is that they made a reservation for two people, which ended up to be five. On top of this they chose to not only use the sofa bed in their room, but also the bed and bath in one of the other guests room that are left open and ready for incoming guests. When I called them, I expressed my dissapointment in them for taking advantage of the open room and that because that room had to be cleaned again I would have to charge them for it. I was in no way rude. Instead of taking responsibility for their choices they chose to write a review that includes a too clean bathroom. I have obviously thought about responding to this review for a long time, and just could not let the false accusations be the only record.

Reviewed 13 June 2011

We were extremely happy with our stay in Suite 1. The suite has everything you need - microwave, stovetop, fridge, coffee maker, pots, pans, etc. Plus a jacuzzi tub! It is tastefully decorated, and immaculately cleaned. Also the location couldn't be any better, and very reasonable priced. As for other comments on the walls being thin, we felt our stay was very private. We won't ever stay anywhere else in Leavenworth!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank labissm
Reviewed 21 June 2010

Great location & perfect size for a Couple! Right on Front Street, you can walk out of the building and have everything you need. All suites are on the top floor; with 2 at the front overlooking the main street, and 2 at the rear- we stayed in the Studio suite at the rear. These back suites share a great, oversized & covered Patio with a comfy seating area to share conversation. The paint colors are very nice & new. The furniture is comfortable & new as well new, love the wooden kitchen table & stools. The kitchen amenities are fabulous for a weekend get-away for 2, all appliances are new & very clean. The bathroom is nice, with double-showerheads for two; no bathtub but that's no problem since we'd never use it. The bed was very nice & firm, and had a great selection of pillows, from thin to puffy!
This was a great "self service" experience, the suite was ready for us earlier than expected, and we just went right in. The other guests were very welcoming & helped us get our parking spot sorted out as soon as we pulled in.
As mentioned in another review, the wall between our suite & the next may not make it the most private (as soon as we realized that we could clearly hear coughing in the next door suite, we kept our voices down). Among friends this wouldn't be a problem, and I can recommend this as a great set-up to travel with a group/ family, as you can each get a suite & all hang out on the deck together :)
The suite has a DVD player as well, and we rented a great new film at the local video store (only $3 rental for out-of-towners!)
Overall a great stay, the Hostess is very nice & made booking an easy, simple process. Will definitely recommend to others!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple