Heading towards the Enchantments, we came across a hidden gem amongst the evergreens, Tthe Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort. Throughout the property are separated bunkhouses(which are 2 -3 separated loft style rooms) , a library, a gameroom, a sauna and workout room, plus the lodge, the wonderful outdoor pool(but not really young child friendly), dining house and the Grotto Pub. In April it is a quiet place if you would enjoy a peaceful rest. Its right above the river and the resort has many trails to venture off on. Artwork inside and out on the grounds are wonderful! Chihuly glasswork adorns the grounds which are always spectacular!
The restaurant and pub serve only organic food which our family thoroughly enjoyed. If you eat in the dining hall, it is buffet style and does cost money. While we did not eat there for dinner that night(we ate at the Grotto Pub instead and the pizza was fantastic!), we had breakfast and it did not disappoint. It offered full on potatoes, eggs, chicken apple sausage or pork, bacon, pancakes, homemade granola, yogurts, bagels with all kinds of toppings including fresh lox and cheese, fresh fruits and fresh squeezed organic juice(carrot, apple, orange). During the summer it may be more rowdy.
The only downfall is that the walls between the lofts seem to be rather lightly insulated, you can hear your neighbors. The rooms are very cozy, the beds very comfortable, the shower steamin! The kids love sleeping in the loft! The ladder up to it, is steep, so you have to be more careful with the young ones. There is no TV or radio, enjoy time with the family without modern day distraction.
Leavenworth is only 10 minutes away and they have a trolley that takes you from the resort to the town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The breathtaking beauty of Washington's Cascade Mountains, superb cuisine and accommodations in harmony with nature create a destination like no other. Located just two hours from Seattle and nestled into the forest on the banks of Icicle Creek, Sleeping Lady offers inspiring outdoor venues, art, beautiful guestroom and gathering places - the ideal backdrop for events, adventures and escapes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sleeping Lady Mountain Hotel Leavenworth
- Sleeping Lady Mountain Retreat Leavenworth