“Exceptional restaurant at Resort”

Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Leavenworth
GreenLeadersGold level
Whidbey Is., WA
“Exceptional restaurant at Resort”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

The best part of our stay at Sleeping Lady was the awesome dinner experience at Kingfisher restaurant. They use organic and natural products, and the buffet is loaded with creative foods. Hans, our waiter, was one of the best of the crop.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Stanwood, Washington
Reviewed 15 February 2012

My husband and I just spent a couple of nights at Sleeping Lady to celebrate our 6 month anniversary and Valentine's Day. When we arrived they gave us a card wishing us a happy anniversary. We stayed in one of the canine rooms since we had our shih-tzu with us. There was a dog blanket and bowls in the room for her which was sweet. They had said there would be a dog bed and treats, however, I never saw them. The bed wasn't incredibly comfortable but I enjoyed the rest of the room. I was very impressed by the organic shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion. The tea that was in our room is fair trade, organic and expensive, it's what we drink at home so we really enjoyed their selection. We were incredibly impressed with the Kingfisher restaurant, I am a vegan and they were EXTRA helpful. I had plenty of options to choose from. On our first night they sent out a Happy Anniversary dessert plate. The only disappointing part of the trip was the spa. We spent $290 on a 90 minute massage for two. I wouldn't even consider our experience a massage, more like a skin rub. Both my husband and I asked for increased pressure and didn't get it. It was more torture than anything. My masseuse was chewing gum which I could hear when she was over me, towards the end of the massage she held my head and simply laid her hands on my feet for extended periods of time. Wth? Maybe her hands were tired? Anyways seek out a different spa in town, you won't regret it. All of the staff we encountered were very pleasant.

Room Tip: Canine rooms only have one full bed and bunk beds, the bed was too small for my husband and I so I e...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HollyShanelle888
Boise ID
Reviewed 13 February 2012

What a beautiful, charming retreat. Its rustic but with all the comforts you need like wifi and heated towel racks. The lodge decor compliments the goregous setting with the river and mountains around you. Great location close to activities, and central to shopping and restaurants. The breakfast buffet was yummy.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Edmonds, Washington
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Have stayed in Leavenworth many times and at all different types of accommodations. We have ended up eating almost every meal here because the food is so incredible. This time we decided to stay as well since we were already spending so much time here. It was a winter wonderland and we had a blast pulling our little kids around the property on sleds. They loved the alcove beds. I don't think they have rooms with separate bedrooms however, which may be the only downside when you have little kids who go to bed at 7pm and you are up til 10pm. Also, would be nice to have a mini fridge. We had nowhere to keep milk for our baby so just ended up putting it outside in the snow. Appreciated the tranquility and how the resort is designed to be a part of nature. Will definitely be staying, and eating here again.

Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This place is a treasure. Everything about it is infused with love. The attention to sustainability and guest comfort, the rock pool hot tub, the beautiful chihuly glass, the incredible food with options for vegetarians and vegans, the beautiful setting, the nearby hiking and skiing all add up to an incredible place for a vacation.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank volcanolover
seattle
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We stayed 2 nights in one of the dog friendly rooms. It's quite pricy, but we thought that meant it would be really comfortable and the service would be premium. Unfortunately the furnishings are pretty average - decent, but not premium. When people say "rustic" they mean bare wood floors, dirt brown comforters, no amenities in the room except a towel warmer. Missing all the little extras you would expect at nearly $379.000 a night. No soap near the sink - had to use the soap dispenser in the shower if you want to wash you hands. Only 3 set of towels although we were paying for 4 people and a dog.

We were determined to have fun, so we just shrugged off the above.

I had to laugh when we went to dinner at our preassigned time (no you can't go whenever you want, you go when they tell you). When we walked in, the hostess gestured to the nearly empty main room, and said "Since we are so full, I can seat you at one of these two tables here (pointing to the two immediately behind the hostess station, where cold air would blast you every time someone walked in) or the one over by the salad bar. Umm, since I see only 4 occupied tables, and we showed up exactly when they told us we were supposed to, I really have no idea how she thought the place was full. And there were empty tables around us the entire time we were there.....both nights...breakfast and dinner. That being said, the main courses were good, the salad bar excellent, the desserts fair, except for the chocolate cake which was hard and stale.

Next morning, three of us got showers since there were only three towels. After breakfast, we packed up our kids, our sled and put on our snow clothes, including the dog.and headed down to ice festival. We were gone all day, had lunch in town, hiked, sledded, had snowball fights, etc. Headed back to our room in late afternoon wanting a hot shower...and found our room hadn't been cleaned. There was a sticky note on the door saying that cleaning hours were over and since we had a Do Not Disturb sign it was too late we would have to do without. WTH??? We had not put a Do Not Disturb sign out and we most definitely DID want the room cleaned. Called the desk and she said they couldn't clean the room because there was a dog loose in it. Well OUR dog was with us all day. She acted like she didn't believe us, whatever, can we get some clean towels? She said she would have someone bring them. A half hour later she called back and said that the room next door had a loose dog, so their room didn't get cleaned. No explanation as to why our room didn't get cleaned. So.....two hours later and still no towels. I called again and got someone else who had no idea what I was talking about. They said they'd bring some right over. 30 minutes later,,, no towels. We finally gave up and headed out the door to go back to Leavenworth. When we got back two hours later, finally there were towels! Ratty edged, scruffy looking towels, but at least they were clean. They never made any apology for not cleaning our room, or for making us wait for something like 6 hours to get clean towels. Even if this were a $99.00 a night place, I would expect more responsive service and at 4 times the price, it's ridiculous.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank StripeySeattle
Wildflower98826, General Manager at Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
I would like to apologize for the service deficiencies you experienced during your recent visit to Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort. I was surprised to hear about the issues you encountered and very disappointed that these situations weren't handled properly.

I so appreciate your feedback so we can correct these problems. I would love to talk to you personally at your convenience.

Again, thank you and my sincerest apologies for your poor experience.

Respectfully,

Paula Helsel, CHA
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 17 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at Sleeping Lady just this past weekend for a cross-country ski getaway with another couple. They stayed in a dog-friendly cabin and we stayed in a Loft room. We really enjoyed the room and the beds were super comfy. The loft rooms sleep 5 in a small space, and are very nice and clean - just a little cramped in terms of walking areas. They could also use an extra chair or a little table to play games at. No worries though because the game room at the facility had large tables as well as billiards, foosball, etc. The Grotto bar on site was very nice with a great bartender - perfect for watching a football game with friends. My favorite part was the restaurant though. With the basic rate, breakfast and dinner are included and they are delicious. Far better than anything else in town (we've tried many places in Leavenworth) and both meals are jam packed with tons of options made from local/organic ingredients. I am a gluten free eater and I found this place to be a real treat! They had tons of options for me, which was such a pleasant surprise. Plus, my husband really loved all the hearty portions of options for things he likes. Trust me - I am a food and wine snob and this was a great place to eat! All around, best place to stay and eat in town! I loved that Sleeping Lady had everything we wanted within walking distance. From cross-country skiing to fun games with friends to delicious meals and great drinks, we were thrilled with this place!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple