This isn't a camp but the grounds remind me of the camps in my area albeit with much more luxurious accommodations...and a bar. The Sleeping Lady is a wonderful place and I can't wait to return. It started with needing to change my reservation at the last minute due to a family health crisis. The reservation desk was able to move our reservation and did it at the same price. Everyone at the resort was friendly and helpful.
We stayed in a loft room for three. It looks much bigger on the website but was fine for our needs. I took the twin bed and while it was comfortable, it did tilt a bit probably because it is used as the room's daybed/couch. The room was clean and we had plenty of towels and other necessities.
The grounds are beautiful. There are trails all around the grounds with sculptures to discover at every turn. At night I was both enamored and in awe of how loud the frogs were! Personally i loved it, (it's one of the sounds on my sleeping app). There is a bar about halfway through the grounds. It has an outdoor seating area too, though it was too cold for that when we were there. The bar is not open late, (9) but it met our needs. The restaurant is a buffet. There are many things to chose from and most of it was great. I am not a huge fan of the buffet as I think it's hard to keep hot food fresh. While this was a better than average buffet, for me it wasn't anything to write home about. It was included in the price though and that made it all the better. The breakfast buffet was much better. This too is included in the price of the room.
The only negative is that if people are talking while walking around you can hear them which woke us up late at night once. The resort was not full when we were there and I wonder about the noise at night when it is full. Overall, I loved The Sleeping Lady and I would recommend it for solos, couples, friends and families, something that you don't often find in one place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The breathtaking beauty of Washington's Cascade Mountains, superb cuisine and accommodations in harmony with nature create a destination like no other. Located just two hours from Seattle and nestled into the forest on the banks of Icicle Creek, Sleeping Lady offers inspiring outdoor venues, art, beautiful guestroom and gathering places - the ideal backdrop for events, adventures and escapes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sleeping Lady Mountain Hotel Leavenworth
- Sleeping Lady Mountain Retreat Leavenworth