“An Great Camp for Adults!”

Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Leavenworth
GreenLeadersGold level
Seattle
“An Great Camp for Adults!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

This isn't a camp but the grounds remind me of the camps in my area albeit with much more luxurious accommodations...and a bar. The Sleeping Lady is a wonderful place and I can't wait to return. It started with needing to change my reservation at the last minute due to a family health crisis. The reservation desk was able to move our reservation and did it at the same price. Everyone at the resort was friendly and helpful.

We stayed in a loft room for three. It looks much bigger on the website but was fine for our needs. I took the twin bed and while it was comfortable, it did tilt a bit probably because it is used as the room's daybed/couch. The room was clean and we had plenty of towels and other necessities.

The grounds are beautiful. There are trails all around the grounds with sculptures to discover at every turn. At night I was both enamored and in awe of how loud the frogs were! Personally i loved it, (it's one of the sounds on my sleeping app). There is a bar about halfway through the grounds. It has an outdoor seating area too, though it was too cold for that when we were there. The bar is not open late, (9) but it met our needs. The restaurant is a buffet. There are many things to chose from and most of it was great. I am not a huge fan of the buffet as I think it's hard to keep hot food fresh. While this was a better than average buffet, for me it wasn't anything to write home about. It was included in the price though and that made it all the better. The breakfast buffet was much better. This too is included in the price of the room.

The only negative is that if people are talking while walking around you can hear them which woke us up late at night once. The resort was not full when we were there and I wonder about the noise at night when it is full. Overall, I loved The Sleeping Lady and I would recommend it for solos, couples, friends and families, something that you don't often find in one place!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main walking path.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank BijouxButtercup
pkhels, General Manager at Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your recent stay at Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort. We truly value feedback from our guests!

I'm delighted you enjoyed your time with us and we are looking forward to having an opportunity to serve you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

I lucked into staying a single night at the Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort this weekend. We made a last-minute decision to head out of town for the weekend. I only had about an hour to decide on a direction for the drive, so I did a quick web search. I decided that the mountains surrounding Leavenworth would be a nice change from being in the city. Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort was one of the choices presented that I hadn't seen before. The prices were reasonable and the pictures looked inviting so I took a chance.

Let me just say that the pictures online do not do this place justice. There is so much more to the place than you see online. There's a gym, library, soaking pool and sauna in addition to beautiful mountain surroundings. The room was spacious and could have easily slept 5-6 adults. I will definitely be back and will remember to pack a swimsuit next time!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
pkhels, General Manager at Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
I appreciate hearing about your recent stay and delighted you had such a lovely time. Feedback from our guests is truly valuable to us.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you back, swim suit in tow! Our beautiful Woodland Rock Pool opens April 15th!

Respectfully,
Paula Helsel
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

Knowing little about this place but wanting to bring my fiancé to Leavenworth, neither of us realized what a treat we were in for! We have a room with a king bed and an alcove that technically is a twin. We are sitting in it right now while reading, watching the passers-by. I'm in one of the robes provided for the visit.

There's not a tv in the room, and the resort's library, game room (separate buildings) pool, hot tub and sauna are all a short walk, along with the two restaurants and bar.

Beautiful scenery...it's hard to leave and go into 'town'!

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We so appreciate your comments and look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Respectfully,
Paula Helsel
Boulder, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

Cannot wait to return! While I tend to avoid kitschy, crowded Bavarian tourist-town Leavenworth, this quiet retreat a few miles up the Icicle River Road is a completely different experience. An aesthetic sensibility that honors the setting, along with a strong environmental ethic, sets Sleeping Lady apart. Cabins are scattered throughout the pine forest, furnished with tasteful log decor, neutral colors and natural fibers. The cotton sheets and down duvet were so comfortable I didn't want to get out of bed in the morning...But the breakfast that beckoned was worth it.

Indeed, the food at Sleeping Lady may have exceeded the mountain views as my top highlight. Produce is grown in the organic garden on the premises with the rest sourced locally or regionally from small-scale farms, orchards, dairies and livestock producers. It's totally fresh, homemade (right down to the creamy herb salad dressing and hot mixed-berry compote to pour over Belgian waffles), and wherever possible, organic. Don't let the buffet-style presentation make you think the meals are anything less than what you'd get at a top restaurant in Seattle - the advantage is that you can eat all you like! Dining is further enhanced by the restaurant's design - a lofty structure of rugged beams, rock and big glass windows that look out onto the river and peaks, echoing the harmony-in-nature theme that pervades every aspect of Sleeping Lady.

One final note: don't miss the free-form rock swimming pool or (in winter) hot pool up the hill, and get a massage - though pricey, it too captured the artistry of the entire Sleeping Lady experience. This is a place to come when you want to nurture body and spirit, rather than pinch pennies. While it's not inexpensive, high quality is evident in every element of your stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ardentadventurer
pkhels, General Manager at Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
We so appreciate your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort. It is so helpful to hear from our guests so we know all of the areas that our guests love and those areas we need to focus on.

Again thank you so much and we hope to see you here again soon!
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

We live in Vancouver Canada. This is 5 hour away from the Bavarian town of Leavenworth in Washington. We always wanted to go to Leavenworth as we heard very nice things about it.
I was referred to Sleeping lady by a co-worker of mine who said that he had the best time in this Mountain retreat.
The first thing we did was to check for reviews of course. Me and my family (wife and 2 girls) love to travel in style and I rather spend extra to get a better experience. We're not the kind of people that are looking for a cheap deal but a nice and good experience.

At first we saw a "not so nice" review of the place from Trip Advisor. As I found later this is a very well known review about a guest who took endless pictures of everything that seemed to be wrong about the Sleeping lady. Obviously this guest did not have a nice time nor like the place by the look of it. Also, the professional pictures of the place posted here on Trip Advisor by the hotel itself were not very inviting either! we were very hesitant. My co-worker assured me this was not the case and assured me it was going to be a great place to spent our Christmas. We took a leap of faith and I have to say that I was very glad we did.
We spent 3 night and 4 days. We went for the Christmas eve dinner package. I have to say that at first we thought it was a little bit on the pricey side it turned out to be well worth it.
The place had lots of snow (as expected!) and looked like winter wonderland. Our cabin was very cozy and very spacious. The cabin looked like it wasn't new but it was very well kept, tidy and well decorated. Very good first impression. Outside you had signage everywhere and even though it was pitch black and with a couple of feet of snow you felt safe knowing where to go.
Dinner every night was VERY good and the people caring for us even better. When you go to a place where breakfast and dinner are included in your stay it's always either very good or very bad. In our case everything was exceptionally good. You had enough variety to choose from and all the meals seemed to be prepared by chefs or cooks who knew what they were doing.
The people who cared for us at the restaurant were Fernando and Emerita. They were very friendly, attentive and very caring. Not only it showed that they liked their job but also the immediately made you feel truly at home and among friends. Customer service beyond belief really.
Everything exceeded our expectations even when we arrived with a pre-conceived idea about the place. I wish their marketing department would better the pictures they have here. They certainly don't do any justice to the place nor their customer service.

My family and I will book again and hopefully will spend Christmas again this year and get a chance to see our friends Fernando and Emerita again. We're very much looking forward to it.

I hope this review helps others to discover this hidden gem.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank radavidson
Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I'm so delighted to hear it was such a good Christmas for you and your family. I appreciate that you took a leap of faith and booked a visit. It is helpful to know that our pictures did not inspire the kind of confidence you were looking for to overcome the impression form the poor review. Our Director of Sales and Marketing and I will take a look at adding additional photos that depict the beauty of our facility.

Again we appreciate your feedback and hope to serve you again in the near future!
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013 via mobile

I had never been here before and came for a conference. The facilities for the conference were well maintained and clean. The food was delicious. It was included in the price. When I saw how much they said our dinner was "worth" ($44 for a lovely, but nonetheless buffet) on our bill, it felt over-priced. The rooms/cabins are quaint, clean and have the feel of being hidden in the woods. I enjoyed being able to walk on dirt paths as well as concrete walkways. It was hard to get passed how expensive it was. While I enjoyed my time and love the location, the price felt high. Would go again.

• Stayed March 2013
I appreciate your comments and I am glad to know you felt the food was delicious and you enjoyed your time with us. I regret hearing you felt the price was high but it is so helpful to hear from our guests.

Your feedback is important to us and we consider all of our guests comments when looking for ways to improve our site in general and our services.

Thank you again!
Redmond, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

Lodging units and service buildings including bars, swimming pool, library and more are spaced about the spacious grounds. Some snow was on the ground on arrivial, but the next morning it started to snow, much to the pleasure of our grandchildren. A bountiful buffet featured rack of lamb in a pituresque lodge and a variety of snow activities filled our time there. The total wooden lodging units fit into the forest setting.

Room Tip: Select loging close to the pool,bar and library (game room).
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback! Hopefully you will have the opportunity to visit us in each of the seasons, each one has it's own magic. Again,thank you and hope to see you again in the near future.