“Like it for what it is.”
Review of Evergreen Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Leavenworth
Evergreen Inn
Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Leavenworth
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Just a couple of months ago, we stayed at the Fairmont Pac Rim in Vancouver and enjoyed the premium amenities that a hotel of that caliber has to offer. Evergreen Inn is the exact opposite, but for a winter holiday at Christmas at an affordable price, a large room, very pleasant, personal service and a feeling of stepping back in time, and within walking distance to town, then Evergreen is a good choice.
There are many types of rooms to choose from. We stayed in one of the largest, #51 with a large bath, separate shower, full fridge and microwave in galley kitchen. There was a new flat screen TV and DVD player. We loved having the gas fireplace when we came back from a walk in town or a trip to Icicle to cross country ski.
The room could benefit from additional decorating to make it appeal to more people, but the bed was comfortable and the room clean and quiet. The WiFi worked. The very basic continental breakfast is enough to get one started for the day. It is set up in the lobby and the space is quite small so if you wish, you could take a tray back to your room. All the staff we encountered were very pleasant and went out of their way to get additional information for us. Thank you to all the staff.

Room Tip: speak to the staff when you book your room and choose the best option for your party, length of stay...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 December 2012

This place was probably pretty decent 25-30 years ago. I expected older, I expected dated, I didn't expect to be staying in the basement. Not the worst I've stayed in (that honor goes to Motel 6 in Midland, TX), but pretty bad - more than that, really disappointing. The website gives a very different view of the lobby where breakfast is (it's really, really small), it gives a very different view of the rooms (curiously, ours wasn't shown in photos - now I know why), and the photo that shows the Inn makes it look like a sweeping building with Bavarian, Old World charm right out of the Sound of Music. Like I said, not the worst place I've ever stayed in, but I doubt we would ever come back. For the price, just not worth the disappointment. Seriously. We may even look for a better deal for tomorrow night when we're out and about the town. Pretty disappointing. If you have any good expectations or hopes for something not as bad as the reviews are stating, do yourself a favor and don't stay here.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 636Kelly
Reviewed 12 December 2012 via mobile

This motel shows its age and rooms need to cleaned better. Also the free breakfast was little disappointing. I would recommend trying to find a better motel. Only good things about this place is location and the staff were friendly.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Greencop
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Cant believe i booked such a dive!!! Checked in and the rate was not what i was quoted over the phone! The clerk basically said well do you want to forget it. Really? Isnt that why you make a reservation? Explains why i never got a confirmation email. Make sure you get a confirmation before you go via email. After much persistance, she made it right with the rate but downgraded our room! she said it was a busy weekend and was booked. we pulled into an empty parking lot in front of hotel, lots of empty rooms and we checked in pretty late, the lights down hallway was out and therefore dark, couldnt see the keyhole to unlock the door. The hotel map said there was an ice maker on our floor. Looked for it but come to find out it didnt and the ice maker was back at the main office. Mind you, we had to drive to the next street in order to get to our room. The website said free internet but not in our annex said the clerk. The blow dryer smelled of smoke when i turned it on. The room was at least clean, i think. I would not recommend this hotel at all and please save yourself the heartache and disappointment. The whole experience was absolutely unreal!! I have never had to write a review before but this one was worth my time in writing.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank powertear
Reviewed 16 November 2012

We checked in and checked right back out. When checking in we were told by the receptionist that this was a very nice room with a fireplace, if this is the case I would hate to see one of their standard rooms. We were directed to a room that was on the first floor of a detached home two doors down from the hotel, that in and of itself was not an issue for us. Here was our first clue, as we pulled up and got out of our vehicle I could already hear the thumping of music, not the good live entertainment kind but the loud teenage neighbor kind. The curtains in the upstairs window were hanging or should I say drooping by a string this was also the origin of the loud thumping music. As soon as we opened the door to our room on the first floor we were slapped in the face with a horrific smell. The bedding looked like it was purchased the year I was born and the curtains were barely hanging and had gaps between each panel so you could not get complete privacy. I was afraid to sit on the very dingy sofa. All and all the whole room felt dirty. I can not speak of the condition of the bathroom because I did not need to see anymore so I did not check it out. Needless to say we high tailed it out of there and told the receptionist we did not wish to stay. She inquired why and we told her of the thumping music upstairs, she told us that their maintenance man stays on the second floor and she rented us the room because she thought he was out that night. We did not go into detail of the other reasons we did not wish to stay there. The music was the least disturbing. She repeated several times what a nice room it was but that she would be more than glad to switch rooms, as I already stated if this is one of their nicer rooms I had no interest is seeing anything else. The one nice thing I can say is that the receptionist dealt with the issue in a friendly manner. Trust the reviews you read about this hotel, this is the first negative review I have written. I am not one of those impossible to please people or an uptight fuddy duddy.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2012

The Evergreen Inn is beyond its prime. Recently, my husband and I stayed there for two nights. When we made the reservation, we specifically asked for a room with a microwave and a refrigerator. Upon arrival, we were given a room across the highway from the main motel, a room that was on the second floor of a commercial building. No microwave or refrigerator, so we complained. The receptionist agreed that there were notes on our reservation asking for both. She said there was no one available to haul up the appliances and also no one available to clean a similar room that did have the appliances. Finally, she asked if we would accept an upgrade to a room that had two beds and also the appliances and we readily accepted that. The new room was nicer than the first room and, at that point, it felt like all had worked out. However . . . We tried to sleep in the bed in the main part of this room, but discovered during the night that the lights from outside lit up the room like daylight. I wore a night mask and we got through that night. Previous to sleeping, I took a shower and discovered lukewarm water. We reported this the next morning and the receptionist agreed to have someone fix the problem. The second night, I tried to take another shower and discovered the water by this time was ice cold. It was a miserable shower. After my shower, I called the receptionist and asked why the shower had not been repaired or why we had not been informed. She apologized and sent a fellow right over who did not speak good English. He thought it was merely a problem with allowing the water to run long enough to reach the hot water. He ran the shower for about ten minutes and agreed that the problem was not an easy fix. He said it could not be repaired that evening since he would have to shut off the water to the entire motel and there were other guests. In fairness to the motel, they did offer to allow us to use another shower. We declined. The next morning we checked out and the only glitch here was that the receptionist tried to charge us for 4 nights at the regular price of the room, which was $10 more than our original reservation. It took about a half hour to resolve this issue, since she could not figure out how to change the original charges. We will not return to this motel. We will, however, return to Leavenworth which is an amazingly quaint and fun place.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I have stayed several times at the Evergreen Inn and have always enjoyed my stay. The location is great as it is close to the shops and restaurants. Although the motel is somewhat dated, it is clean and comfortable. A good value.

Room Tip: Very good variety of rooms and easy to choose on the web site.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Spokesman99
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leavenworth
Icicle Inn at Icicle Village Resort
#2 of 19 in Leavenworth
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#1 of 15 in Wenatchee

Been to Evergreen Inn? Share your experiences!