“Convenient Location”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Evergreen Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Leavenworth
Evergreen Inn
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Leavenworth
Midland, Ontario, Canada
“Convenient Location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

The name says it all, a Motel not an INN. It is in a good location, down the block from all the shops and restaurants. The Mrs. and the two four legged kids and I stayed in one of the annexes with full kitchen. The appliances were dated but worked (no toaster). It was a midweek stay with not a lot of traffic or problems parking. The outside needs to be re done, paint chipping off the deck and siding, window screens need to be replaced. The door has a 1/4 inch gap when closed, we had to use a towel to keep the cold from getting in. Inside the furniture is dated and with a small tv, the majority of folks don't come to this town to watch tv, there a lot of skiing and other outdoor activities to do. Once the temperature warmed you will notice ants along the doorway. The room was cleaned before we arrived, however dead ants on the second living room window sill was not what I was expecting. Bathroom: no problem with hot water, the ventilation fan worked but was loud. Bedroom: the mattress needs replacing, any time one person moves the whole frame moved. The inn breakfast area we never used, but seems kind of small if you had a lot of people. Desk staff was friendly. Not a bad stay with pets, reasonable pet fees, but you get what you pay for. We have stayed in worse.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Amanda E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Smokey Point, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

If you are looking for a room to sleep in, its OK....Beds were very hard and the housekeeping is not the greatest! We found a used band aid on the floor and a half eaten bag of Cheetos under the sink in the bathroom. Had issues with the keys to the room as well, but they made new ones that worked, so props to them. There were lights missing that we were given the bulbs to replace ourselves. Found that strange.....It was nice to have a room with 3 beds and two rooms where the doors closed though so we could put the little ones to bed and shut the door so the adults could stay up without disturbing them.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lsullyr92

Travellers are raving about these Leavenworth hotels

Vancouver, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

A crummy motel. Don't let a stay here ruin your visit to lovely Leavenworth. Here is a long list of problems from my 2-night stay in January 2013.
- No Maid Service: My room was never cleaned during my stay.
- Rude Desk Clerk: I asked the clerk why my room had not been cleaned -- No apology, she just snapped at me: "How should I know, I didn't work yesterday."
- Breakfast is not as promised on the website: No fruit; No yogurt; the "baked-daily" pastries were baked many days ago.
- No WiFi: It did not work in my room (#415), which is in a commercial office building a block away from the reception desk.
- Biker Motel?: A sign stapled to the wall of the bathroom says you'll be fined $25 if you use a towel to clean your motorbike. (Seriously, see photo.)
- Tiny breakfast area: The clerk suggested I use a small tray to carry breakfast back to my room a block away, or, I'm not kidding, she said I could eat it at the table outside -- in 9 degree weather. (See photos.)
- Poor upkeep of room: burned out bulb in overhead light; stains on furniture; the roller for the toilet paper holder was missing so the maid left the roll on the toilet tank.
- Lazy desk clerks: I tried for half an hour to call the reception desk to ask why there was no WiFi. I finally walked all the way back to the desk and found two clerks there who were just chatting away to each other, too lazy to answer the phone.
- Don't be fooled by the website which says this is an "Inn": This is a run-down, 1950's motel. All of the signs on the property call it a motel -- see photo; only the website calls it an inn.
- Odd tipping policy: I've never seen this before. An envelope in the room says "If you'd like to tip your housekeeper, please put your tip in this envelope and bring it to the reception desk where we'll make sure it goes to the right person." Doesn't a tip left in the room go directly to the hard-working housekeeper who just cleaned it? Sounds like management or the lazy desk clerks want a cut.

You can do much better in Leavenworth than this dismal place -- go elsewhere!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank AmarilloRob
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

Just a couple of months ago, we stayed at the Fairmont Pac Rim in Vancouver and enjoyed the premium amenities that a hotel of that caliber has to offer. Evergreen Inn is the exact opposite, but for a winter holiday at Christmas at an affordable price, a large room, very pleasant, personal service and a feeling of stepping back in time, and within walking distance to town, then Evergreen is a good choice.
There are many types of rooms to choose from. We stayed in one of the largest, #51 with a large bath, separate shower, full fridge and microwave in galley kitchen. There was a new flat screen TV and DVD player. We loved having the gas fireplace when we came back from a walk in town or a trip to Icicle to cross country ski.
The room could benefit from additional decorating to make it appeal to more people, but the bed was comfortable and the room clean and quiet. The WiFi worked. The very basic continental breakfast is enough to get one started for the day. It is set up in the lobby and the space is quite small so if you wish, you could take a tray back to your room. All the staff we encountered were very pleasant and went out of their way to get additional information for us. Thank you to all the staff.

Room Tip: speak to the staff when you book your room and choose the best option for your party, length of stay...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Concrete, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

This place was probably pretty decent 25-30 years ago. I expected older, I expected dated, I didn't expect to be staying in the basement. Not the worst I've stayed in (that honor goes to Motel 6 in Midland, TX), but pretty bad - more than that, really disappointing. The website gives a very different view of the lobby where breakfast is (it's really, really small), it gives a very different view of the rooms (curiously, ours wasn't shown in photos - now I know why), and the photo that shows the Inn makes it look like a sweeping building with Bavarian, Old World charm right out of the Sound of Music. Like I said, not the worst place I've ever stayed in, but I doubt we would ever come back. For the price, just not worth the disappointment. Seriously. We may even look for a better deal for tomorrow night when we're out and about the town. Pretty disappointing. If you have any good expectations or hopes for something not as bad as the reviews are stating, do yourself a favor and don't stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 636Kelly
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012 via mobile

This motel shows its age and rooms need to cleaned better. Also the free breakfast was little disappointing. I would recommend trying to find a better motel. Only good things about this place is location and the staff were friendly.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Greencop
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

Cant believe i booked such a dive!!! Checked in and the rate was not what i was quoted over the phone! The clerk basically said well do you want to forget it. Really? Isnt that why you make a reservation? Explains why i never got a confirmation email. Make sure you get a confirmation before you go via email. After much persistance, she made it right with the rate but downgraded our room! she said it was a busy weekend and was booked. we pulled into an empty parking lot in front of hotel, lots of empty rooms and we checked in pretty late, the lights down hallway was out and therefore dark, couldnt see the keyhole to unlock the door. The hotel map said there was an ice maker on our floor. Looked for it but come to find out it didnt and the ice maker was back at the main office. Mind you, we had to drive to the next street in order to get to our room. The website said free internet but not in our annex said the clerk. The blow dryer smelled of smoke when i turned it on. The room was at least clean, i think. I would not recommend this hotel at all and please save yourself the heartache and disappointment. The whole experience was absolutely unreal!! I have never had to write a review before but this one was worth my time in writing.

• Stayed November 2012