My family and I stayed here for a winter getaway following Christmas. We decided Leavenworth due to the proximity to Stevens Pass, and the coolness of the quaint Bavarian town.
The room rates were ok, and at the end of the day it was the only place I could get a room so late in the game.
1. As other reviews have stated, the walls are super thin. The first night I was up until 1am because our neighbors were up joking, and partying. I was the only one who was kept up by this, and I let it go because they were not being rude as they were in their own room, and it was just laughter and louder than normal conversation. We were in room #5. If you are a light sleeper beware.
2. Multiple people walking, smoking, partying in the parking lot, with is manly about 40 yards across. The windows are very old, and do not keep any noise out.
3. On our second night people were launching fireworks in the parking lot. Right outside the door!! When I called the front desk they stated they would have to call the manager, who apparently isn't working to find out if they could do that. Not only is it against Leavenworth city code, 8.36.120, it wouldn't make since to allow people to do that and cause potential damage to cars, structures, etc.
3. The amenities in the room are sparse. No internet, the coffee makers are old and worn, no fridge, TV is on its last leg. I had a short glimpse of internet for 5 min on our last night.
4. The beds are near falling apart, and continually squeak.
5. The doors barely shut, and when you do get them to shut, lord help you not to wake someone up when you open the bathroom door.
6. The breakfast looked like they bought a bunch of junk from costco, and microwaved it.
7. The carpet is,old, and I didn't want to walk around without shoes on ah all.
8. The bathroom was clean, but the room description did not state there was only a shower. This was a shock for my wife and I as we have a 2 year old and a stand up shower makes it complicated to give her a bath.
On the positive note, it is extremely close to downtown. 2 min walk and you are there, that in itself made it extremely convienent, but overall not worth it.
My family and I will not recommend this establishment to any of our friends, and we will not be back
- Also Known As:
- Evergreen Motel Leavenworth
- Evergreen Hotel Leavenworth