“Great location, but dirty and poorly serviced”
Review of Evergreen Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Leavenworth
Evergreen Inn
Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Leavenworth
Reviewed 19 December 2005

Having never stayed here before, we were more than a little apprehensive. Had reserved two rooms several months in advance for my family and my sister's, which were the only rooms available for the holiday festival. But the location was great and we figured that spending so little time in our room, it would do. Well, it met our expectation of not expecting much.

The good: Location is great - you have a very short walk into town. You can walk to nearly everything, even with younger children like we have (6 and 3). In room coffee maker worked nicely. The continental breakfast was OK. Other than the location, basically adequate is about the best thing you can say about this place.

The bad:

* Rooms were very dirty. Black hairs everywhere - in the toilet, in the shower, on the floor, in the sink. Cleaning person must have short black hair and has no clue what clean is. TV had a grimy layer of dust. Windows look like they have been cleaned with filthy rags - you can really see how dirty they are when the sun shines in.

* Apparently they will not clean your room unless you request it. We put our "Clean Room Now" sign up on the door, but my sister did not. Our room was "cleaned", but theirs wasn't touched. Including no new towels, toilet paper, etc.

* They do not provide bedding for the sofa bed unless you wish to cough up an additional $10 per night. (Thankfully my kids already had their pillows and blankets from the long drive over, so they were fine with those, but I find it ridiculous for them to want to charge you for bedding.)

* They describe themselves as pet friendly, but only in certain rooms and for $10 per night. Of course, our rooms did not allow pets unless we wanted to pay a $150 cleaning fee. So my sister's pets slept in the truck. I don't think everyone abides by the "no pets" rule though, because our room had several very noticeable pet stains on the rug.

* Our rooms were in the "new annex" - literally a few rooms on top of an office building complex with no elevator service. Parking is available up front, but it is a long hike up a long flight of stairs and clear to the back of the building to get to your room. Not very convenient for a family. They should invest in an elevator.

* Ice machine and pop machine in our "complex" didn't work. Had to schlep down the frozen hill and across the street to fill our flimsy little plastic bucket with ice. Signage to the ice machine is poor - there were several guests wandering around trying to find it. The next day, we bought an ice chest and ice in the store to avoid having to keep doing this.

* Room heaters need repaired or replaced. The heater in our room blew hot air and didn't regulate the temperature well. We had to alternate heating the room with opening the door to cool it down. Just couldn't get a comfortable temperature. My sister's room - the heater didn't work properly the first couple of hours - just blew cool air. They called the front desk, who told them he'd get to it when he wasn't busy - they felt very put off (apparently they only have one person on shift at a time). He did come a short while later, only to tell them that he couldn't do anything about it. It did end up finally heating up several hours later, but never was comfortable in their room either - was always fairly cool.

All in all, this place was barely adequate. I would never stay here again, despite the convenient location. I don't have a problem with staying in older style places as long as they are clean. But this place needs a good scrubbing and the housekeeping staff needs replaced.

• Stayed: December 2005
9  Thank strssr99

Reviewed 19 October 2005

We were very disapointed in the room which we were given, We booked from the internet, and when I talked to the motel managment they assured me that our room would be cosy,cute and very homey.It was far from that, there was mold on the bathroom wall, the heat bulb in the bathroom was out, the bedside light did not work, the fridge did not work. This was to be our anniversary weekend. I will not recommend this motel to anyone.

7  Thank Diane V
Reviewed 12 September 2005

looked good on the internet, but found it to be old, musty smelling, the sheets and pillows smelled musty, freezer on fridge did not work, dog hair on couch. this suite #17 had been closed up for a long time.everything about the room was old. complained to the MANAGER. asked for a refund soon after check in he refused. didn't offer to upgrade or even another room. over priced,unsatisfactory accommodations and service.

• Stayed: September 2005
5  Thank holidaytime55
Reviewed 29 November 2004

This is the perfect hotel for those who want to be close to the events but not so close the noise keeps you up. It's an easy walk to the shops and restaurants but on a quiet and cozy street. It is an older hotel but well maintained. The staff was friendly; greeting us like old friends. The scones on the breakfast bar were a real treat. The little kitchenette let us prepare a picnic to enjoy with friends. My daughter liked having her own room in the two room suite. Sitting in the hot tub with the snow falling was another treat you don't get at many places. We will definitely stay at Evergreen on our next trip.

2  Thank SpokaneTravelPlanner
A TripAdvisor Member
seattle, wa
Reviewed 22 April 2004

I have been visiting Leavenworth for many years and have stayed at the Evergreen Inn every time. It is the only place I will stay. From the friendly helpful voice reserving my room and helping me with restaurant suggestions to being greeting with a smile on check-in, the Evergreen Inn is a great experience. I enjoy the warm, cozy, clean rooms and the wonderful complimentary breakfast buffet. I will be back for many more years. Thank you Evergreen Inn.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Renton WA
Reviewed 21 July 2003

The night we checked in I notified the Desk Clerk that the shower had hair on the walls. She said she did not know what to tell me as they told her the room was clean. It made me wonder all night if the bed linen was clean and if we were sleeping on dirty laundry. The room telephone also did not work and I told them this also. The remote to the TV did not work either. Would never stay there again. the customer service was not good at all!

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 January 2003

Worried about oompah overload during your stay in Leavenworth, WA? Make a reservation at the Evergreen Inn for a laid back atmosphere.
Soak in the snow rimmed outdoor hot tub during the Christmas season, or strap on your cross country skis and glide through the quiet backstreets to Riverfront Park. Tear open the complementary ground java when you return, start up the coffeemaker and (using the complementary stationery) pen a letter to make friends or family Evergreen with envy.
After a peaceful night's sleep, swing by the lobby for a continental breakfast before strolling back to the village of endless celebrations.
Take it from someone who has visited three years in a row--Das vonderbar!
~D.L. Turrentine