Having never stayed here before, we were more than a little apprehensive. Had reserved two rooms several months in advance for my family and my sister's, which were the only rooms available for the holiday festival. But the location was great and we figured that spending so little time in our room, it would do. Well, it met our expectation of not expecting much.
The good: Location is great - you have a very short walk into town. You can walk to nearly everything, even with younger children like we have (6 and 3). In room coffee maker worked nicely. The continental breakfast was OK. Other than the location, basically adequate is about the best thing you can say about this place.
* Rooms were very dirty. Black hairs everywhere - in the toilet, in the shower, on the floor, in the sink. Cleaning person must have short black hair and has no clue what clean is. TV had a grimy layer of dust. Windows look like they have been cleaned with filthy rags - you can really see how dirty they are when the sun shines in.
* Apparently they will not clean your room unless you request it. We put our "Clean Room Now" sign up on the door, but my sister did not. Our room was "cleaned", but theirs wasn't touched. Including no new towels, toilet paper, etc.
* They do not provide bedding for the sofa bed unless you wish to cough up an additional $10 per night. (Thankfully my kids already had their pillows and blankets from the long drive over, so they were fine with those, but I find it ridiculous for them to want to charge you for bedding.)
* They describe themselves as pet friendly, but only in certain rooms and for $10 per night. Of course, our rooms did not allow pets unless we wanted to pay a $150 cleaning fee. So my sister's pets slept in the truck. I don't think everyone abides by the "no pets" rule though, because our room had several very noticeable pet stains on the rug.
* Our rooms were in the "new annex" - literally a few rooms on top of an office building complex with no elevator service. Parking is available up front, but it is a long hike up a long flight of stairs and clear to the back of the building to get to your room. Not very convenient for a family. They should invest in an elevator.
* Ice machine and pop machine in our "complex" didn't work. Had to schlep down the frozen hill and across the street to fill our flimsy little plastic bucket with ice. Signage to the ice machine is poor - there were several guests wandering around trying to find it. The next day, we bought an ice chest and ice in the store to avoid having to keep doing this.
* Room heaters need repaired or replaced. The heater in our room blew hot air and didn't regulate the temperature well. We had to alternate heating the room with opening the door to cool it down. Just couldn't get a comfortable temperature. My sister's room - the heater didn't work properly the first couple of hours - just blew cool air. They called the front desk, who told them he'd get to it when he wasn't busy - they felt very put off (apparently they only have one person on shift at a time). He did come a short while later, only to tell them that he couldn't do anything about it. It did end up finally heating up several hours later, but never was comfortable in their room either - was always fairly cool.
All in all, this place was barely adequate. I would never stay here again, despite the convenient location. I don't have a problem with staying in older style places as long as they are clean. But this place needs a good scrubbing and the housekeeping staff needs replaced.
- Also Known As:
- Evergreen Motel Leavenworth
- Evergreen Hotel Leavenworth