“Reminds you of Grandma's House”

and 1 more site!
Mrs. Anderson's Lodging House
Ranked #21 of 22 Leavenworth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 January 2013

This place is much different compared to regular hotel rooms. We stayed in room #1 - had our own bathroom. Very quiet, clean, etc. If you're looking for a quiet place to not really spend much time it's perfect. The TV was very small and there's not much storage space. Bed was comfortable and friendly staff as well! I'd defintely stay here again. One thing to mention - all electrical outlets, except the one in the bathroom, are just two pronged. So if you have a laptop or another cord that has a three pronged plug you'll have to plug it in the bathroom - at least in room #1.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank run4jesus078

Reviewed 7 September 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here. He thought it was unique and felt like he was at his grandma's house, but liked it anyway. It was a nice change up. However, I did feel a little claustrophobic going from fairly decent-sized hotel rooms to a 11x11 or 12x12 room. We did go with the cheapest room, however. And the only other down side was that we had to go across the hall to the bathroom we shared with one other room (don't think anyone was staying in the other room, however). Other than that, it was nice. Clean sheets, no dust that I noticed, and quiet. Breakfast was decent- toast, bagels, cereal, etc. And there was even cream cheese for my bagel! Oh, and friendly staff as well! I recommended it to my mom already and would recommend it to others, as well as stay there again if we are ever in the area

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank BrittanyS13
Reviewed 23 August 2012

My husband and I booked a room here because it was cheap, and the only place that had any one night reservations available (Everything is always booked in July) Look, we arent "religious" but we respect what other believe and by viewing the website beforhand, we knew this place was very upfront about being a christianity promoting establishment. (Which we were totally okay with) The reviews on this site also were comforting saying the rooms were nice, clean and comfortable. This is not true. Granted, the rooms were clean, they were not comfortable the beds were horrible, and the anti-homosexaul pamplets and the anti- gay marriage books that litterd the room were too much to handle. Well, to be fair this old woman in the room next to us (who shared the balcony with us) kept looking in our room as if she were keeping an eye or spying on us?? It was bizarr. It was weird, It was uncomfortable. We didnt stay the night, we ended up leaving later that eveing and driving back to seattle. We wont be staying there again even if it is inexpensive. I just hope that the next couple/ people who feel the same way we do will see this review and think twice before give this place any money.

Room Tip: Make sure that you choose a room the doesnt share a bathroom with another guest!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
14  Thank Parsons11511
Reviewed 15 August 2012

A unique experience of a quilt store and BnB combo that is supposedly the oldest building in Leavonworth... Really cute and clean rooms decorated with antiques and period clothing.

Very friendly owners and staff.

My second stay there and will be going back.

A good breakfast too!!

Room Tip: A choice of having kitchen or not.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank peggymch
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Wow...this was a truly unique experience for my Mom and I while we were in the area for a wedding. I felt as though we were staying at a friends house rather than a motel. The rooms were tastefully decorated in vintage dresses and furniture. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. Located on a quiet street with only a short walk to see all that the quaint town of Leavenworth has to offer. Breakfast was quite simple with the offerings of granola and yogurt, toast and bagels, juice, coffee and tea. Dee and Al were a delight to get to know. Looking forward to another trip back to Leavenworth!

P.S. We stayed in Room 5 (Delectable Mountain). The toilet/shower is one doored area, while the sink is in a small alcove which also contains a mini fridge, microwave, Keurig coffee maker, and an access door to the rear of the building (parking). The main part of the room has a nice sitting area with two chairs and a small table with lamp. At the foot of the bed is an antique dresser with a mirror, which houses a small tv. The room has a beautiful view of the surrounding mountains.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank AAJ J
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Mrs. Anderson's Lodging House is one of the least expensive places to stay in Leavenworth. It is conveniently located in town on a very quiet street. The owners are quite friendly, the rooms are clean, and the beds are comfortable. Best of all, breakfast is included.

That said, the place is just a tad on the weird side. Decorations consist of old dresses hung on the walls. I try not to think about them coming alive in some creepy horror version of my vacation, but I can never get the thought out of my head. The owners are also very interested in promoting their Christian faith. Each room is stocked with an excessive number of bibles, love Jesus pamphlets, and propaganda re: why homosexuality is wrong. I'm glad the owners are enthusiastic about their faith; it's just a bit much. Finally, don't expect a lot from breakfast. It's a simple spread of toast, granola, and tea/coffee. It left me wishing for some fruit and a bit of protein.

Room Tip: Room 3 (with two beds in two rooms) is good for families.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Outdoorgrrl
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Great service. I got in late, but they'd left a message and it was easy for me to get in. Room was a bit small and thus, uncomfortable, but otherwise it was what I was looking for, simple and economical. The owners were great !

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Yambuleo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leavenworth
Der Ritterhof Inn
#11 of 22 in Leavenworth
Wedge Mountain Inn
Wedge Mountain Inn
#1 of 2 in Peshastin

Been to Mrs. Anderson's Lodging House? Share your experiences!