“Ideal Christmas setting!”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Leavenworth
Arlington, Washington
“Ideal Christmas setting!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2010

Since we didn't have family visiting us for Christmas and weren't traveling to see family, my wife and I decided to spend Christmas in Leavenworth, WA. We've visited Leavenworth, the congenial Barvarian-themed small town in the Cascade Mountains of Washington, many times but never in winter. After reviewing hotels and talking with friends who had stayed there, we decided upon the Enzian Inn. It was marvelous! The decor is beautiful (especially when decorated for Christmas), the staff treats you like welcome members of the family and the hotel amenities are wonderful. The breakfast buffet is sumptuous and the view from the breakfast room of the surrounding mountains is breathtaking, especially when accompanied by the owner playing his alphorn from the balcony. The outdoor pool and hot tub were open but we didn't use them due to the cold weather. However, we did take advantage of the large indoor pool and hot tub, which were great. The atmosphere was truly relaxing and it was the ideal Christmas setting with snow on the surrounding evergreens, logs burning brightly in the fireplace and the singing of Christmas carols each evening in the lobby accompanied by a baby grand piano. My only suggestion to management would be to provide an in-room coffee maker but there was always coffee available in the lobby. We had great expectations and they were greatly exceeded. We are already talking about making this a Christmas tradition for our family.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
southwest oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2010

If you are looking for a restful, quiet hotel, this is not the one.
We stayed in a third floor suite and had a broken light fixture over the bed, coffee in the coffee maker dripping all over the counter and crusty stuff on the King pillow case. The light bulb was out above the jet tub and the furniture seemed worn and tired. They gave me a new pillow case and replaced the light bulb but my husband and I were disappointed
in the attention to details at such a nice hotel. There was an old looking white small refrigerator in the adjoining room. It looked so out of place in such a fancy room.

The pool was the coldest pool we had ever gone too before. It is not a heated indoor pool. The 6" by 3 " jacuzzi tub was the most popular place since the pool was incredibly frigid.
I don't reccomend staying here unless you are on the 2nd floor. The 3rd floor is very noisy and you will never sleep in. The 4th floor is where the breakfast is served and it sounds like elephants walking around up there with all the creaking of the floors.
The breakfast is very good and the indoor sport court and ping pong table are a hit especially if you have kids. You can only sign up for these for 1/2 an hour a day which we weren't aware of before checking in.
You do sign a form at check in that if you are noisy, you will be fined $500.00. I think that's a great idea but when you have a large family gathering having a party across the hall until 10:30pm and teenagers in the hall talking on cell phones, it doesn't seem to work. This hotel needs some updating. Everything seemed alittle bit tired.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank ccmint
Devon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2010

Beautiful hotel to stay, lots of lovely touches, very clean fantastic breakfast on the top floor in the most wonderful setting.
A pianist played in the evening (8 - 9.30pm) - magical

Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

We just spent the weekend at the Enziain Inn. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. We slept well, and relaxed the whole time.
The morning meal was real bonus. Not a quicky stale roll and a yogurt, but an excellent hot breakfast. Complete with made to order omelets, excellent selection of breads, rolls, cereal, fruits, meats, and potato casseroles. The had homemade pastries and homemade granola. Relax, not rushed will beautiful mountain views.
Upon checkout we reservered the same weekend for next year.
A real deal with the full breakfast!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank MoonDogJim
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2010

We've been to the Enzian several times over the past twenty years. The hotel is getting a little tired but it's still a great place. The breakfasts (which are part of the fee) are wonderful. Omlets made to order, all the sweet rolls and other pastries you can eat, cereals, fresh and canned fruits, sausages (they were OK, not great), etc., etc.. Didn't do the pool stuff this time but they have indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs. New to us was the minaturized golf course. Really a putting course across the street with views of the nearby Wenatchee River. Great fun (and yes my wife beat me but I did get a hole-in-one).

Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travelor2141
Everett, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2010

Wife and I were very stressed out from having my father staying with us for the last month, working without a day off in 2 months, having the family reunion at our place this summer and many other things. We just needed to get away for a few days and forget the everyday stresses in life. We live in Seattle and usualy travel by air to get away from it all, but my wife heard about this place from one of her friends. Boy am I glad she did. We had an awesome time in the three days that we were there. I booked on line at their websight just a few hours before we left. We didn't really know what to expect when we got there but when we did, I knew we made the right choice. Check in was very fast and easy and the receptionist was very friendly and answerd all of our questions on what there was to do in town. We started out by just walking around the grounds and around town before retiring for the night because it was already past 7pm when we got there. The next morning we went upstairs for breakfast which comes with the stay and it was excelent in my standards. Everything we wanted. Then the stores and shops were just across and down the street with in sight. My wife had a great time shoping. I had a great time with my son who is 5 in the swiming pool and tub. They have a nice puting course across the street which came with the stay,We had so much fun puting golf for 18 holes, I even tought my son how to play. There is a realy cool park on the river with lots of trails and private mini sand beaches on the river that my wife, son and I enjoyed while we were there. The weather was beutifull 80s+ every day unlike the rain at home in Seattle. All I can say is that we will be back many more times to come. It is a beutifull vacation home away from home.

Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2010

When we originally checked for reservations, there was "no room at the Inn". Now I know why. Luckily for us, someone cancelled and we got a room. The Enzian is very charming and close to the shops. The staff is friendly and helpful and we loved the way they dress. The room was clean and quiet. The breakfast buffet was extensive and delicious. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family