“A great Bed with a fabulous Breakfast” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Granite Hills Inn

Granite Hills Inn
Ranked #1 of 22 Leavenworth B&B and Inns
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“A great Bed with a fabulous Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

This is a lovely B&B run by people who really know what they're doing. Our room, the Maple suite was spacious, bright, warm, spotlessly clean, quiet and had a lovely ensuite bathroom.

Leavenworth itself is quite an experience and a lot of fun, but if you prefer to stay somewhere less kitsch this is the place. We had a very good nights sleep here and the breakfast the following morning was truly delicious and very, very filling! I especially enjoyed the fruit compote / sauces made from fruit grown in Bill and Paula's own garden.

Buddy, the resident dog is a great little fella and very friendly. Bill and Paula made us feel so welcome. If we're ever in Leavenworth again this is the place that we will stay.

Room Tip: 3 beautiful rooms - I think they're probably all excellent.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

Bill and Paula were such perfect hosts they made you feel like good friends. Super room and lovely breakfasts. The guest lounge and outside seating area was so relaxing especially with the lovely warm weather we had during our stay. Super comfortable bed made for a quiet peaceful nights sleep. Within walking distance to the Leavenworth Summer show of Joseph of which we had tickets for and enjoyed. Would highly recommend this fantastic bed and breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Rochester, Mn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

I recently stayed at the Granite Hills Inn. The house was built four years ago, with the intention of being a Bed & Breakfast. Bill and Paula have many years of B & B experience and they did an excellent job of designing the house and paying attention to every detail. I especially enjoyed sitting out on the patio, with the sound of the waterfall in the background.
They were great on giving advice on the Leavenworth area, providing me information on various hiking trails; a beach near by and restaurants.
I stayed two nights and I enjoyed the breakfasts very much. Bill & Paula make the breakfasts together and they are both excellent cooks! I truly enjoyed the company of Buddy. He is an adorable, friendly little dog who loves to play.
If I'm ever back in the Leavenworth area, the Granite Hills Inn will be my first choice to stay.

Room Tip: I stayed in the room on the main floor. It was beautiful and I highly recommend it.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Post Falls, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at this B&B and had an amazing experience! The rooms were very clean and designed with a contemporary feel (much unlike some others we looked into). The house was quiet with private quarters and the hosts were friendly and made easy conversation. With one of the lowest prices offered, and being arguably the best B&B in Leavenworth, we felt so blessed! The food was also extraordinary! We often skipped lunch and one day did not even get hungry until 9 pm! Thanks, Bill & Paula, for a perfect honeymoon!

Room Tip: The rooms upstairs are away from the commons area. The maple suite was excellent.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Coquitlam, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

We have just spent three wonderful nights in the best B & B ever, it is so clean and very friendly, Bill & Paula make you feel so welcome. The bed was very comfortable and the Micro Fibre sheets are just a dream to sleep in ( feels very luxurious !!!) Breakfasts were delicious and Bill & Paula will go the extra mile to make sure any dietary needs you may have are accommodated.
We would recommend this B & B to anyone visiting Leavenworth, we will definitely be going back.

A & N Coquitlam B.C.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

Bill and Paula were great hosts! They made me and my wife feel very welcome at the Inn. This was our 1st time at a B&B and we were very excited at the prospect of having our honeymoon there. The breakfast they served are out of this world! We stayed in the Maple suite, which has a garden tub for two. We will definitely be going back!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

The vacation was surprise to me as a present for our marriage. As soon I sow the hous I fall in love. The lovely view of the mountain and the smell of spring I can not put in words what I felt. And it only gets better from there. As soon as you walk inside the house you ca feel the warming wellcomeing. The room was amazing, the sanitary corner was with full bathtub ti add to it wit massage rolers. Next to it you see top notch spa and shower products.
We have 4 years old son who enjoined the company of Buddy. He still talks about Bill and Paula and wants to go see them. And we have been home for a week now.
I will like just to add that I am not a breakfast eater, however I will eat the breakfast they prepear for us, with love and joy, any time anywhere. While we drink our coffee we were watching the preparation. The talk to each other and to us and make jokes.
When you are there yoy feel apresiated and the feeling that you are in a home far from home is the best.
We can not wait until our next visit.
P.s. not to mention the wild animals you can see in the backyard. Humming birds who are not afraid of you, Dears and I was told from faraway somethins in August small berry eating bears.
That is place you should stay.

• Stayed May 2013