“Nice little hotel in the center of town” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Leavenworth Village Inn
Ranked #8 of 22 Leavenworth B&B and Inns
Seattle
“Nice little hotel in the center of town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

This was our first time stay and the front desk was very helpful and friendly. The room was smaller than I expected and only one down pillow out of four which was disappointing. We did have a room overlooking the mountains which was nice but since it was right overlooking the stairway we couldn't really leave the curtains open. The bathroom was quite nice and clean, seemed to have been newly renovated. We also appreciated the little "breakfast" of yogurt, cookie and waters in the fridge that we used in between hikes. And having a fridge was a plus for our food purchases.

1 Thank redrufffox

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Hood Canal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

Great location, just off the Main Street but close enough to walk to town, room was clean and spacious, staff was friendly.
The only place I could find on a weekend with out a two night minimum. On a festival weekend.
My only negative for me was that I was in a room on the first floor, so I could hear the toilet and water running from the rooms above through the wall in my room.

Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

Nice and clean, quite too. Close to everything very nice staff. Good parking

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank GMLGDL
Maple Ridge, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

Greeted by friendly staff even though we came in during shift change. Very helpful.. Older hotel but very clean room and comfortable. Beautiful view of the mountains. Close to town walking distance to shops and Restaurants lots to choose from. What we liked best was the location what we liked the least was there was no swimming pool which we usually look for but we were so busy we never really missed it. Great long weekend. Will definately be back.

1 Thank David J
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

I stayed here with friends in August. I checked in and the associate was friendly and helpful. I was a little surprised to have to sign a separate document promising I wouldn't smoke in the room, wouldn't have a pet in the room and wouldn't steal the key. The room was nice, the linens were very pretty. The carpet had a lot of stains on it, so much so I wouldn't walk barefoot on them.
My friends had the top floor, which is the 3rd floor. It had cathedral ceilings, but my 2nd floor room actually looked bigger.
The room comes with a coffee pot, coffee, but no teas. There is a small refrigerator, small microwave too. You get 2 low fat yogurts and 2 breakfast cookies.
One night I went to the front desk to retrieve a wine opener. I received an opener that's valued probably around 7.00. I had to provide my room number to receive it. I thought this was a bit tacky.
Overall. The staff, both check in and check out, were very nice and friendly. The hotel is located right downtown. Plenty of parking. I would stay here again, but will hope for cleaner carpets.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
leavenworthvillage, Manager at Leavenworth Village Inn, responded to this review, 10 September 2011
We sincerely apologize for the carpet issue experienced recently. We feel it is important for you to know that we take to heart every review. We steam clean our carpets on a regular basis. With guests coming and going during our busy summer months a few of the rooms may have accumulated more stains than usual. We have now implemented a plan for the carpets to be steam cleaned more often than in the past. Typically, our guests comment on the quality of the rooms and how clean they are on a consistent basis. We have many repeat guests who choose us because of the attention to detail reflected in each room. Our goal is to offer quality comfort in a clean and charming environment. As a result, our guests feel as though they are the first to stay in the guestroom. We apologize for the recent issue our guest experienced and we have corrected it.

Yours Sincerely,
Leavenworth Village Inn Team
Renton, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

There are nice people at the front desk, and I liked the breakfast included. It's simple but reasonably nutritious and light, which most people probably don't like. We had a standard single queen bedroom on the 3rd floor. The bathroom seemed recently redone with new floor, shower, fixtures, etc. , and it was nice. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. However, the carpet was filthy. We didn't want to walk barefoot on it. It needed some cleaning and just looked gross. Granted, most hotels use dark-colored carpet so you can't see dirt, so I applaud the use of beige carpet here. But it needed attention. The baseboards were also dirty and dusty. It made us wonder what else could be cleaner. The exterior of the hotel was unkempt and just needed some weeds pulled and some simple upkeep.Overall, I'd recommend paying a little more for a better kept hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

There were few complaints other than the smug, unapproachable attitude of the person at the front desk who definitely disliked not only her job but the slightest question as well. When will owners begin to keep a close eye on their staff to weed out such rude, belittling individuals from deterring future customers and luring such reviews as this one. Yes - you're less than polite attitude left a sour taste in our mouths - so much so as to warrant this review. If the owner does read these reviews - I am certain that this individual will pop into his or her mind. They were negative and ensured us that we would not get a room anywhere else as everything was booked up due to a cycling rally coming through the town. In any event - she made every effort to deter rather than welcome and looked as though it was painful to work the counter. Again - the room and price were fine - but I will definitely look elsewhere next time I'm in Leavenworth - and you should too.

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple