“Nice and comfy !”

Howard Johnson Express Inn - Leavenworth
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Leavenworth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
North, Idaho
Reviewed 17 November 2013

This hotel deserves better than the #16 of 20 (as currently ranked). If you read the previous reviews you'll see that many of them were traveling with pets and thus ranked the hotel poorly. My husband and I traveled without our dogs (this time around) and we had a FABULOUS stay! We stayed in room 203, which is on the second floor. Easy access from the stairs, but there was an elevator just down the hall. The room itself is HUGE! One of the largest single rooms I've ever stayed in. In fact, I've stayed in suites that were comparable in size. The room has a king size bed, large flat screen TV, table for two, counter space with a small bank of cupboards, microwave, small fridge, recliner w/ foot stool and safe. The bathroom was also large with plenty of room to get ready. The hotel looks out across Hwy 2, but on the other side of the road is a beautiful view of the mountains. There is a TON of parking (hard to come by downtown) and it is an easy (and beautiful) 10-15 minute walk to the shopping/downtown area. WE WILL STAY AGAIN!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Very friendly welcome on arrival. I travel with my small dog & this is my third year going South. Very few rooms were occupied. I was not happy that our room was 2nd to last at the far end of the Hotel. Reason? The pet. I felt like an outcast. I do not know if all rooms were like mine but my bathroom was dirty, pubic hair on the floor & the tub calking was moldy....bathroom floor corners had accumulated dirt. I do not understand why someone doesn't spend a couple of hours & give that bathroom a cleanup. That's all it would take. The room itself not bad, the bed comfortable & sheets clean with plenty of pillows. Breakfast felt like the amount of bread for toast was doled out from behind the desk counter. For the price of around $90. I can assure I will not stay there again nor recommend it either. Totally disappointed.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank SheRascal

Travellers are raving about these Leavenworth hotels