“Great Spring Visit” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Silvara Vineyards

Silvara Vineyards
Ranked #10 of 46 things to do in Leavenworth
More attraction details
Owner description: With the beauty and majesty of the Cascade Mountain foothills as the backdrop for your experience at Silvara, it only takes a second for the stress of the outside world to leave you as you arrive. That's what owner and winemaker, Gary Seidler, saw when he decided to create his winery in this serene location. In the white of winter, as green takes over in the spring, or in the summertime with the wildflowers in full bloom, the crackle coming from stone fireplaces that frame our great-room, tasting room and outdoor patio say relax. Catch a live band outside in summer while you enjoy one of our cheese platters. Arrange a private tasting event. Or, plan to attend one of our gourmet winemaker dinners, offering a mouth-wowing food and wine pairing experience. We think you'll agree that Silvara Vineyards in Leavenworth is the perfect location for tasting award-winning wines that are smooth, bold and expressive and enjoying events that are truly personalized to your signature taste.
“Great Spring Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We has a great Spring visit at the winery and will definitely be back. Gary is the owner and winemaker and was a very gracious host. We enjoyed the Chenin Blanc the most.

The view of the valley is very nice and if we could have sit and enjoyed a glass together and soaked it in.

Leavenworth, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful place, terrific wines, fun staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

I've been to the Silvara Vineyards tasting room often; I live in the Leavenworth zip code area and enjoy many of the local area wineries. The Silvara tasting room is a unique facility; it sits atop a gentle rise above the Wenatchee river. The views of the area are fantastic. But there's more here than just a place to enjoy the scenic country-side. The wines are award winning and delightful.

We were just there last Sunday, April 6, and had the pleasure of being among the first to sample the new white wines. For a $5.00 per person fee you get to select five of the seven wines currently offered for tasting. The list starts with a crisp Sauvignon Blanc, has two Rieslings and a Chenin Blanc for whites and three reds, a "Red Blend" a wine called Quartette (this one is the biggest award winner of the wines) and a 100% Petite Verdot. All the wines are noteworthy and of top quality.

All the wines are available by the glass. There is no food service of a traditional kind at the facility, but there is a refrigerator amply stocked with a small array of cheeses and cured meats one may purchase to enjoy with that glass of wine. Cheeses, meats and two kinds of crackers are of course priced individually. If you request it, the staff will open your wrapped items and plate them for you.

As I said in my opening, I'm a local, I've been to the tasting room often, and I've even served as a 'fill-in' tasting room staff member; however, I want to make it perfectly clear, I am not an employee nor am I a shareholder, owner or in any other way an affiliate of the Silvara Vineyards winery.

Visited April 2014
Lake Tapps
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Won't Be Back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Nice Setting, but wines just OK. Staff wasn't very welcoming and did not seem to enjoy serving us. We were the only ones there at the time. Maybe that says something?

Visited February 2014
3 Thank nwfireguy
Silvara V, Manager at Silvara Vineyards, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
We are very sorry to hear you didn't have a pleasant experience on you last visit to Silvara. We hope you will come again and give us another chance to serve you. We do strive to give all our customers the best greetings and service.
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Horrible experience!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

First time I have been let down by a Trip Advisor review. In fact, this was such a horrible experience its the first time I have felt compelled to write a negative review due to the rude and possibly racist behavior. Based on previous reviews and its bucolic setting I chose to take my guests to Silvara Vineyards. We arrived Monday around 1 pm to an empty parking lot. We thought maybe it was closed, but the sign said they were open. We entered and found the space empty of people except a lone lady behind the counter. She was on a computer and on entering she offered no greeting, just looked up at us and glared as if we were disturbing her. We should have taken her rudeness as a warning and left, but we had taken the time to travel the from Leavenworth and the setting was nice so we naively stayed. When we walked up to the counter with a look of annoyance the lady got off her seat and came over to us. Again, she offered no greeting nor gave us any information on the winery. When we enquired about wine tasting her response was only “its $5 dollars per person” as if we were a bunch of freeloaders and that small price would send us packing. Foolishly we said yes, and though the room was empty with many tables and couches by the fire she did not offer us a seat to be more comfortable, but just placed our glasses on the counter where we were standing. Again, she never asked if we were familiar with the winery or gave us any background information, just handed us a paper with the wine information and began pouring or more accurately drizzling. I can only imagine the winery must be suffering from financial hardship, because the amount she poured was barely enough for one small sip. I have been to wineries all over the world and have never seen such a small amount poured. My guests were from Japan and would like to have bought a bottle to bring home but were so offended by the employees rudeness they refused. In full disclosure, we did have 2 small children with us but they were behaved and the sign out front said children were welcomed if accompanied by parents. Unfortunately, being short on time this was the only winery we had time to visit so could not try the other more convenient and friendlier tasting rooms I have been to in Leavenworth. We were in Leavenworth for 2 days and everyone from our hotel to the many shops and restaurants we visited were exceptionally hospitable, warm, friendly and to us which made the rude and inhospitable behavior we experienced at Silvara Winery all the more shocking. We look forward to returning to Leavenworth but not being masochist will avoid Silvara Winery.

Visited November 2013
10 Thank Brian A
USA
83 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“A wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

If you are looking for a wide varieties of wines - this is not your place. If you are looking for some carefully crafted wines which have just been released and are unique to this winery - then you are in the right place. Silvara does not mass produce their wines and their distribution is limited - which makes it even more of a wonderful find. The staff is excellent - and they gave us the locations of two other wineries. Did I mention that their wines were wonderful? The facility is large, well appointed and has cheese and crackers available for sale. You could spend as little as a half hour - or a whole afternoon here, and you would not be disappointed. Go - it is worth your time.

Visited November 2013