“Nice Location/Generally good Value”

Tumwater Mountain B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leavenworth
Tumwater Mountain B&B
Ranked #19 of 22 Leavenworth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Nice location, walking distance to town. Nice mountain views. Four of us shared the suite and it more than was roomy enough for the four of us. The bath and shower are tiny but adequate. The place could use some updating and a really good clean as there was dirt on the floors and dust and just the general uncleanliness to the room but it was very roomy and accommodating for the four of us. The upstairs kitchen could have used some cleaning as well. We were thrilled to have a hot tub which is outside the house and beautiful view.
We were disappointed with the kitchenette though it was not stocked with anything except a couple of wine glasses, mugs and cutlery. No paper towel, aluminum foil, small containers, salt-and-pepper, napkins etc to help with the preparation of some food that we purchased at Costco.
The one big disappointment for us was arriving on a weeknight and being told by the homeowner that breakfast would not be served upstairs but instead would be brought down early in the morning before we awoke, do the fact that she needed to go to work on weekdays. Having expected a really nice B&B breakfast , which is something that I really look forward to, this was disappointing ; but had we known before we'd booked we would have adjusted our expectations. Nevertheless the following morning was a weekend and her breakfast upstairs was absolutely fabulous! Generally I find Leavensworth overpriced but this B&B we found reasonable all things considering.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank CanadianCouple1985

Reviewed 27 August 2013

A very good comfortable accommodation very walkable from the main areas. There are three nice rooms, Edelwise suite seems to be the bigger one. Debbie checked for Breakfast preferences in advance. Rooms have a very vintage decor feel, which is nice. The only improvement I wish to have is to have some more cleaning and upkeep. I had a good night sleep in the queen futon beds.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We booked this B&B at the last minute for memorial day weekend, and freted over why all other hotels in the area were full but this place had vacancy.
Turns out, we were just being paranoid. It was a little difficult find the place as our GPS routed us a little up the road, but as soon as we entered the B&B and out room, we were relieved, and happy. The lotus room was cozy but had everything we needed- free wifi, king sized bed, a small private bathroom and a small TV, an A/C, a baseboard heater, a mini fridge, a microwave and a table and chair. Debbie is a great host and takes your breakfast preferences the previous night so she can tailor the breakfast to your needs. She made us a hot breakfast with omelettes, brownies, fresh fruit yogurt parfait, stirfried veggies and pancakes. Most places find it hard to accommodate my No meat, no eggs diet, but she managed to make me a filling breakfast.

The bedroom is next door to a hot tub area, so no adjoining walls to another room. There is a room opposite and another below, they were occupied but we never heard them even though we were right up in front. The view from the lotus room is a lush green lawn with Adirondack chairs, very pretty. The toilet and shower stall are quite small, so if you're a big person, you may struggle a bit.

The B&B was a 6-10 minutes walk to Leavenworth downtown, not bad at all. Some stretches don't have sidewalks, but the traffic isn't much.

The things that could improve are:

1. King bed was two twin beds pushed together. Not very romantic because of the middle line in the mattresses. Bed was comfortable, but a little too springy for my taste. But then I like harder beds.

2. The shower is very hard to manage without getting your hair wet. Maybe change the showerhead or provide a shower cap?

I'll definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask if the lower room is quiet and free of footstep sounds from above room. Also, owner has a cat.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Debbie was a great host and we have returned for another visit since our first last JAN.

Our first trip was a getaway christmas present to ourselves and we stayed 3 nights and enjoyed every minute! We went snowboarding at Misison Ridge and stevens pass, both fairly close, enjoyed the town of leavenworth and had some lovely strolls in the nighttime snow! The breakfast was fantastic and the hot tub was a great setting against the mountains!

We came back again with my GFs sister and husband for a leavenworth adventure and we were lucky enough to book 1 room last minute as plans fell through for camping on the coast...

Both times we stayed at the edelweis suite which is comfortably appointed and very cozy, electric fireplace, cable tv, full fridge and little kitchen.

Room Tip: Gotta go with the Edelweis suite!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Was less than excited when we arrived to the tumwater mtn B&b. Owner was nice but accommodations were outdated and unclean. Not relaxing to hear the owners wake up at 6 am every morning. We were able to hear their entire conversation as well as the use of the shower and blow drier. Needless to say we won't be back and I won't be reccomending to any friends.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Hiphair1
Reviewed 10 August 2009

The locaction, I must say is wonderful - away from the crowds, quiet, and nestled up against Tumwater mountain. The grounds are also very nice, and I have to say the food was very, very good. Debbie is a wonderful cook and a very nice hostess. We arrived Saturday evening with a note welcoming us and some wonderful german chocolate cake set aside on the table. The morning's breakfast was very tasty and quite filling. We were also able to invite my parents for breakfast who had stayed in a hotel in Leavenworth for only $10 each (my parents paid more for their hotel room without even a continental breakfast). My wife and I stayed in the Lotus Blossom room and for the price it was okay. Overall it was a good stay and we would probably stay there again when we return to Leavenworth. We have found that there are no hotel bargains to be had in Leavenworth and the accomodations can be pretty bad. Another plus for us was that many of the hotels in Leavenworth require that you book a two night minimum stay during weekend peak season. This was not in our plans for this trip and we were able to stay only one night. So for the price, I would recommend this B & B . By the way, if you stay here be sure to check your bill. I am sure it was a mistake but upon receiving our bill I noticed that I had been charged for two nights. When I pointed this out to the owner, she seemed honestly surprised and immediately issued a refund to my credit card.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2007

My husband got us a room at the Tumwater B&B for our anniversary in 2005. It was WONDERFUL! They also own the town Gym so fitness fun was free and free bikes to ride all around town! They cater to your needs with organic YUMMY meals! We stayed in the Sun Room that was bright an beautiful! This May 2007 we went up for our anniversary again and stayed in the Edeilweise Suite! Its a one bedroom suite and it was spacious and wonderful! Jacuzzi outdoors on a private deck overlooking the mountains! This place is by far the best B&B and away from all the tourists one mile in the Leavenworth town. I just love this place!!

-The Anderens
Kirkland, Washington

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank johnnjess04