“Okay place to stay”

Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Leavenworth
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Okay place to stay”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We booked two nights because they required a two-night stay. There is no breakfast included, and be prepared to lug your belongings up a lot of stairs. It is in a good location - close to shops, etc. Music blared until about 10:30 pm each night from the street next to us. It was okay, but if we go to Leavenworth again, I will try another hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Laura C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Astoria, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We looked at the web site and thought it looked nice. we ended up getting the economy room. It was really no frills, no headboard on the bed, a window to a rooftop, not at all like any room on the web site or in the lobby pictures. Was not real happy. The noise from the bar next door was loud until 11 p.m. on a week night. The only good part was parking and the location in Leavenworth.

Room Tip: Do not get the economy room, not worth the savings.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rmac1164

Travellers are raving about these Leavenworth hotels

Oregon
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Everything about this hotel was wonderful. The staff kept offering to do whatever they could to make our stay delightful and comfortable. Our room was clean, had a fireplace and a sitting window which looked out on the main street. You could not ask for a more convenient place to stay, either. It is, literally, right on the street with the main shops and park in Leavenworth. Our room was beautiful - I can't say enought. They have a terrific deck right down the hallway from all room which has tables and chairs to sit out int he evening and just look over the river below or the mountains above. Again, we loved this place.

Room Tip: Room 201 and 201 face the street. They are larger rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PM97303
nonya
Reviewed 15 June 2012

If you plan to stay you better be clairvoyant. I was on a trip with my 88 year old mother and wanted to show her a little bit of the old country. I scheduled a 1 day stop over in Leavenworth and prepaid for a room at Bavarian Ritz. Mother nature interfered and without notice we were re-routed to our destination without going through Leavenworth.

If cancelation was my fault I would understand but I incorrectly assumed there would be some understanding for nature even if some partial refund. Not a chance, they refused to refund anything. The manager was very surely with his “to bad” attitude. They give the word “Ritz” a black eye and I plan to let the world know in as many places as possible to save others from throwing money away.

I gather they cannot afford to give up money since their reputation is so bad they don’t get a lot of it and need to hang on to any they get from unsuspecting travelers.

Room Tip: Getting a good room in Leavenworth would be to stay anywhere but at Bavarian Ritz
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank B D
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 4 June 2012

My wife made a big mistake and got hotel names mixed up and accidentally booked us into this hotel. We did not realize this until we tried to check into the place we usually stay (see review on my profile). We decided to grab dinner before heading to this place. While at dinner, they called my wife on her cell phone and wanted to know what time we would be checking in. That was odd, have you ever had a hotel call you and ask when you were going to get there?

I try not to be snooty, but holy cow, this place is a disaster. Smells bad, filthy carpets, creepy. Room was probably nice in 1942 but not since Nixon for sure.

Was repulsed at finding someone else's hair in the bed. Shower did not produce enough water to get shampoo out of hair. I mean holy crap, I would not put someone I don't like here. My suggestion is you should sleep in your car and take a bath in the river.

I write reviews here because I belive in the community approach to rating places that play such a big role in the lives of people who have to travel a lot. This is only the second property I have felt compelled to warn my fellow travelers about. Don't walk from this place, run.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you want a good room.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Randal S
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Basic accommodation for a reasonable price. If you spend most of the day outside and only come to the hotel at night, it would be more than adequate for your needs.

Pros: Inexpensive, reasonably clean, in the middle of tourist area.
Cons: Older building, needs maintenance, occasional bedbug (we caught two in four nights).

Room Tip: If your room is next to the deck, people sitting on the deck would be sitting right next to your win...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Arizona
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel. I have never left a hotel stay before, but even though I had paid for the 2nd night, I left. I called the office and asked if I could just pay the full price for the 1st night and cancel the 2nd, but the man stated that since it was a 2nd night half price special, he could not. The room had very nice amenities, coffee, tv, etc., but obviously the room was very old. One floor upstairs only for rooms and there is a very long staircase to climb. The girl at the desk did offer to take up my 40# suitcase, but I decided against it and only took up what I needed. The deck in the back is available to sit outside, but the flowers are not enough to make up for the very shabby deck. I guess it depends on what your needs might be, but I personally would never recommend this hotel to anyone, when there are so many others close by that, while they might be more, would be worth it. Watch for discounts on other motels/hotels in the main part of town. One other glitch was the office closed at, I think it was 5 or 6 pm and didn't open until 1pm the next day? Hello? Anybody Home? I hope this will be helpful to others. If you think you might want to stay there....be sure to check out your room first, but I would almost bet you'll most likely not get a refund.

Room Tip: Go to another property.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo