“quaint, cozy, cute, clean, unique!”

Bavarian Ritz Hotel
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Leavenworth
Reviewed 25 October 2010

(check out my pics of this place first, gives you perspective)
I stayed at this hotel , and what a fantastic and cute place! I fell upon this place while walking around the town looking for a perfect spot, then bang, there it was! the moment i walked in , a very pleasant and polite man greeted us and immediately took care of us in a professional and efficient manner. oh and free parking right across the street! anyway we had a walk up the stairs to a lounge area with coffee, apple cider, hot cocoa, tea and more was right there, plus all the tourist information/ brochures you need to check out the sites. the room was unique and cozy, right on the main road but amazingly quiet. actually t i overheard a couple who were waiting in the lobby during check-in say , "wow this place is so calm and quiet", and they were right. even though they have a convenient pub downstairs, we didnt hear a thing all night. i loved LOVED the room decor of black and red rose theme! comfy bed, velvety pillows and bedspread, fireplace that gives off heat ( woke up at 5 am, turned it on and got up toasty and warm at 8am) , nice jaccuzi, great sounding speakers for my Ipod, incense and candles, in-room coffee and to my pleasant surprise, spicy apple cider! : ) perfect for a cool morning. overall, great experience and will come back and probably get a bigger room for the perks, i guess. in a word, CUTE QUAINT CUTE QUAINT! you will not go wrong here unless you have a dog or cant walk up a flight of stairs. thanks!!

• Stayed: October 2010
There are newer reviews for Bavarian Ritz Hotel

Reviewed 6 October 2010

I sooooooo wish I would have seen/ read the reviews below because all of the reviews that spoke negatively about this place have more facts and truth behind them then words can really describe.

I called a made reservations at this place after finding there website online. I wanted to plan a nice getaway for me and my wife for her 30th birthday. So I called about a month in advance and I booked the Queen Deluxe Suite and asked them to add the "Romantic Package" as well. I told the girl/ receptionist that I wanted ROSES and a bottle of CHAMPANGE and our dinner to be at an ITALIAN restaurant. She tells me that everything will be in place and if for whatever reason they cannot make my requests they would CONTACT me.

So the weekend comes and we drive to Leavenworth from Tacoma. I didnt tell my wife were we were going to add a little more interest into what I thought I had planned to be a romantic weekend. We get to the hotel and the 1st thing I notice is that the location is definetly a plus. Right in the heart of downtown and walking distance to everything.

We check in and the 1st thing that I notice is that the lobby area reminds me of a cheap Motel 6. I dont take too much note of it and continue to check in and get our keys. We go to our room and I am taken back. The room is dirty, carpets are filthy, the room setup is completely different then what I had seen on the website as well as what was described to me over the phone. The room has a old smell and we walk into the bedroom and on the counter is a bouqet of orange flowers??? Then next to that is a bottle of BRUT champange and small box of choclate. I am not a happy camper at this point and I still try not to show my wife the anger and frustration that is built up inside me as I glance down at the recipet that I just paid for the weekend. ( I wont even spoil you guys with those details) even after all that I was tired and just wanted to relax from a long drive for just a few minutes. I plop on the bed and ATTMEPT to turn on the TV annnnnnnddd the remote doesnt work!

At this point I am ready to leave and cancel because as I am calling the front desk to see if I can get some batteries, I notice that the orange flowers that were supposed to be ROSES still have price sticker on them that reads $9.99 and then the bottle of BRUT champange has one that reads $13.49. The romantic package was $125.00 (you do the math)

Longer story shorten, we ended up staying just the one night and I argued with the owner for about an hour about how his hotel was a scam and how they don't prep their rooms for new guests. The owner even showed his superior skills of customer service and told me that I was stupid for thinking that my room should be spotless and that I should expect my controllers to all have working batteries. Oh and then he challenged me to a dual that he later took back after I gladly accpeted since he told me that he was opening the hotel the next morning.

We too experienced the romantic environment of being stationed above the bar and had to hear loud band music, pool tables, drinks clinking, people yelling and of course cigarette smoke rising thru our windows.

Hands down the worst place I have ever been and if their rates were not so ridiculous priced I would not have wrote this and most likely would have been content with the place. None the less, this place is a scam and they have no idea what customer service is about nor how to clean.

I wish I would have took pictures to really enhance my story....

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank FrequentTravelDude
Reviewed 14 September 2010

We have spent weekends at several other hotels in Leavenworth over the years, and even tho we like them, after staying at the Bavarian last year, decided to try it again and had a great time. We invited friends that have also rented rooms at other hotels in the area, and now they plan on staying at the Bavarian the next time they travel to Leavenworth.
The rooms are clean and quiet, we did not hear other guests.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Wow, where to begin? First of all the bathroom wall doesn't go all the way to the ceiling! the wall stops about 2 feet from the ceiling. Yeah, nothing says romance like hearing your partner using the toilet for 2 days! The bed was hard as a rock and about as comfortable. My husband and I went for an anniversary getaway. The hotel billed themselves as a "Romantic Getaway" not hardly. The blinds in the room were filthy and covered in dust. The window from our bathroom looked right into another rooms bathroom so you had to keep the filthy blinds closed as tightly as possible the entire time. The bathtub in our "Queen Jetted tub room" was dirty. And not exactly something I would want to lay down in and actually bathe in. What a rip off we will never stay there ever again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2010

After traveling 12 hours from southern Idaho to spend a weekend in this psuedo alpine Bavarian village in Leavenworth, Washington, my husband and I were very disappointed our room at the Bavarian "Ritz" Hotel. The village itself was charming, nestled inside the majestic Cascade mountains and decorated with beautiful Bavarian architecture, hanging flower baskets on every windowsill, and a plethora of little shops and restaurants to keep you entertained. However, the hotel had very few amenities to welcome the weary traveler, and aside from offering a rickety old bed and droopy mattress, the room itself had few comforts to merit the $109 we paid to stay there for one night. The room was so small my husband said, "You couldn't cuss a cat in it without getting a mouthful of fur." There was no continental breakfast, tthe room smelled musty, the pillows were flat, and the walls so thin you could hear every sound from the street below, not to mention the bar that is located directly beneath the hotel. Although the hotel apparently prides itself on being located in the heart of the downtown, they neglect to mention that you will see the bright street lights in your window all night and hear the cavorting of various drunken tourists at 2 am right outside your room as you try to rest. Hardly the romantic getaway we imagined and were led to believe we were getting when we booked the "Sweet Dreams" suite. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone planning a visit to Leavenworth. It is an overpriced dive with few little charm and few amenities.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly H
Reviewed 10 June 2010

lets see, well, room on bottom floor,basement actually.room 217? smells like mold, all the lights didnt work, no heat in bathroom, jets didnt work in tub,had to snap bugs off me all night, no seal on door,parking in back, dirt, end of alley,bar and resteraunt above, very noisey,front of room outside looked like a slum (room is on the back side of building). no one in dinky lobby after 7pm,mattress was like sleeping in a bean bag chair,cig butts, trash outside of door,man in lobby when he was there could not hardly speak english, internet didnt work,when we complaned the guy said why didnt you call, total BS.this is just some of the things i remember about this dive. they offered no discount or refund and to top it all off they charged me over $100.00!!!. for 1 night. anyone that says a good thing about this place has never stayed at a bad hotel...i will sleep in my car before i ever stay in this dump!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank xrperry
Reviewed 30 March 2010

The receptionist in the lobby was the only hotel employee we saw. We saw him at check-in and nobody was ever in after that.,

We stayed in the Royal King Spa. Any other place, and this room would have been nice, but I was a little disappointed. The room was large. The bed and furniture looked nice, not the usual hotel fare. A nice, large screen TV (40"?) was in the room with a DVD player. The 2-person heart tub was nice as well. The room was clean.

Now for the bad. There are definitely issues with the floor of the room. There was at least a one inch difference in level for the bathroom floor. I always felt like I was leaning whenever I walked in there. The floor to the rest of the room had height changes that felt weird when you were walking. You had to watch where you were going. There was a plug-in heater/fireplace that was cute but noisy.

Now for the worst. The bar music downstairs was loud. Did I say the music was LOUD? I was playing name that tune with the wife., Luckily, it was classic rock so we had fun. The music went on until around 11:30 on Saturday night. Unfortunately, it was back on a Sunday night as well. Not a nice thing to try and sleep to.

We won't be going back, but I would love to see another hotel with a similar room to this. I did like the layout, but wish the hotel was better maintained, and there wasn't a bar downstairs.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple