“Awesome place - great for families”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leavenworth
Leavenworth / Pine Village KOA
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

Great location (treed), near fantastic Bavarian-themed town. Service & amenities wonderful. Only one tiny wish: they really need a bigger pool, with the amount of kids there. It was literally body touching body with little room to swim, at all hours, during the week.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank easyworld

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Nestled in between the towering pines at the eastern foothills of the Cascades mountains, I find this to be one of the most charming KOAs I have visited.

We have visited this KOA campground repeatedly over the years, and we keep coming back.
They have a nice pool, and a nice hop tub (for adults only) and if that isn't enough you can stroll a few hundred yards down to the Wenatchee river and dunk your self - careful though as it has a strong current and its cold (very refreshing on the warm summer days).

The cabins which we rent are pretty standard for KOA and they have recently gotten some of the luxury one with more amenities (bath, TV).

And in true Pacific North West spirit they have a coffee hut on the grounds (nothing beats a cup of joe in the morning) :).

I will be back here in the fall for the Leavenworth October fest - I have my reservation already. They do Free Shuttles to town so its pretty good if you want to partake in the beers.

Was take aback by the lack of free firewood that we used to get here as long as we were willing to chop our own wood. but ok 5 dollar for a stack of wood isn't a big deal to me,

Room Tip: ask for a room close to the center of the grounds to avoid long nightwalks to the common bathrooms
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank VikingBo
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

My nephews wanted to go camping and sleep in a tent for the first time, this is not normally a place I would car camp but seemed great for kids, so I sucked it up and made our reservation. We checked in on a Sunday and stayed until Tuesday. I didn't realize there was two different sizes of campsites when I booked so when we arrived I was surprised how small our original site was (R16 or 15 if I remember correctly...) And it backed up to a ledge and i didn't want the kids stepping off that at night or something. So choose your site wisely if you can!! The ladies in the office were very nice about changing our spot which worked out because they weren't full as it was an end of weekend into the week stay...but try doing that on a Friday or Saturday and you will probably be disappointed -this place can get busy!!! They upgraded me to site T15 a large corner site which was across from the lower meadow and near the restroom, close enough but not TOO close for me and I am very picky about that. Ended up being nice to be so close to the showers.
The kids enjoyed the pool very much and swam for hours with all the other kids. Weren't many adults swimming but I took a dip one day even though the water was kind of cloudy and crowded-it was 90 degrees! Lots of bees around the pool which bothered me and they don't want you wearing shoes in the pool area so I wasn't very comfortable laying by the pool since I was running from bees every 5 mins! but like i said the kids had fun and it was really about them this weekend. Oh and bring a football or any kind of ball or mitts to play catch in the meadow or volleyball!!
Loved the koffee kart in the morning!
I thought the kabins were really cute! I would come back and stay in one of those next time instead of a tent.
One more thing it was a tad noisy at night and took a while for things to settle down which its OK to be having fun but there really isnt any guidelines or quiet times that were observed and could be a bit noisy for some. Overall it was fun and actually better than I had expected but for my personal preferences, I was glad we were there during the week!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank TnA206
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Stayed here 3 nights in July. Service is going downhill, new management. We stayed here twice last year and had great time that's why we came back this year. No free firewood, coffee bar closes at noon, dirty site. We booked a luxury spot for $84, could they have at least swept the pad? Asked the girl for receipt, couldn't print one out. Maybe too difficult to hit print? Rude, and will never stay here again. No tube rides either, and that was the highlight of the campground. Probably better and cheaper elsewhere. Save your money, and just drive right by this place.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank l72thomas
Reviewed 24 June 2013

My family and I just got home after spending three days at the KOA in Leavenworth Washington. As a whole the resort was good, it was clean and had some of the things my kids love, a pool, game room and a playground. What I did think was a little off was the fact that we saw a few of the staff members smoking pot in KOA trucks, then continuing to work; one of them was responsible for guiding large RV’s into their spaces. I’m totally ok with folks smoking pot, but I’m not when it’s during working hours, I wouldn’t want people drinking while working either. The site that we got was all dirt, it was dug up to put in new septic tanks, the area around the tanks had not been filled in with dirt which left a space large enough for my kids or dog to fall into. I let the front desk know and they did have an employee fill it in the next day. The other thing not so good was the fact that the RV’s were so close we couldn’t open our windows or curtains as the neighbors were right there, and I mean right there. Thankfully our neighbors were nice and considerate. Overall we had fun.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank tomisina
Reviewed 21 June 2013

We stayed in a Kamping Lodge. KL6. It was really nice. There was small kitchenette (fridge, 2 burner stovetop, and a microwave), a bathroom with tub, a living room with a couch and tv, an eating area with 4 chairs, bunk beds, and a room with a full (?) size bed. The floor needed mopping, but overall it was pretty clean. Now the downside... The beds were like concrete, even our 10 year old boys complained and the shower head restricted the water so much that it took twice as long to shower. They also mowed the lawn right outside at noon and they watered it right after. I'm not sure why they can't water the lawn super early in the morning so the field is available to play in during the afternoon. It was really expensive, but it was nice to have our own space.

Room Tip: Dog friendly!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank aceandj
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We enjoy staying at the Leavenworth Pine Village KOA when we are in the area. We booked a two-room cabin for Mother's Day weekend, when they were having a promotion. We paid for one night and got the second free. Our cabin was perfect- a room with bunk beds for the kids, and a separate room with a double size bed for mom. The people were friendly and we experienced no real problems during our stay.
With that being said, I was surprised that the women's bathroom was still missing a stall door (which we remarked on last year when we stayed as well). The showers seemed to need some work- one had a broken nozzle, another never had warm water. I heard another camper mention this to the front desk and get brushed off. Also, the bathroom was in need of cleaning at 5pm and had not been touched the next morning.
Perhaps they were understaffed. Hopefully next time we stay these issues will have been resolved.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family