“Great breakfast and an amazing value!”
Review of Cafe Verona - CLOSED

Cafe Verona
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This is probably my favorite breakfast place in town, and the great price really is just as surprising and the quality and quantity you get. Twice now on different visits to Leavenworth I've come here for breakfast, and neither time was I disappointing. If only I didn't need to drive over the mountains for a similar experience at home.

This establishment always delivers on the quality grub, especially if you are sluggish after a late night of drinking and enjoying the events offered in town.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I was a little disappointed by this place. With it being ranked so high I guess I was expecting a little more. Their food was good so if you are looking for solid good food, they definitely have it. But I thought their choices were somewhat limited (we had breakfast). Also I thought the ambience was a little lacking. I definitely think they could add some warmer touches to make this a more inviting place to eat. I had the egg scramble and was relieved that the 4 eggs could be reduced to 2. My husband had the monte cristo and he enjoyed it very much. The OJ was nothing to write home about. For hot tea I had to wait and ask for more hot water. The service was just okay. They brought my egg scramble and the toast came later. We will probably try somewhere else for breakfast. We didn't feel like it was worth repeat business. Also, I read someone else's review that they thought this place provided them an excellent value. I thought our meal leaned towards somewhat high for what we got.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I was in town due to my wife having a business conference, so lunch was on my own. I found this place just by driving around and decided to give it a try. I was greeted promptly and nicely and seated right away. I asked for a recommendation on the Salmon burger and the waitress said it was great. I concur. It was a nice filling sandwich though the fries could have been a tad better but I'm a bit of a fry snob pretty much comparing all restaurants' fries to the fries at In-N-Out Burger, so I cant expect miracles. It has the feel more of a "locals" place and not too touristy. Several of the people that were there while I was, were having breakfast and they all seemed to be having a good time and many seemed to be regulars. So dive in if your looking for something that is not quite a Leavenworth tourist place with decent food.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We were greeted very cheerfully. Service was prompt and attentive throughout. (My spouse likes his coffee kept full and hot, and they did!) The atmosphere was cozy and felt like a local, homey little place rather than a touristy showplace. The selection of food was very good, the preparation took reasonably long, and the quality was excellent and (too!) plentiful. The prices were reasonable for the location. Definitely a place we'll hit up again!

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We were able to feed all of the family and friends for under $35. The food was excellent and in the perfect location. I would recommend the Breakfast scramble with mushrooms and bacon. It was more than enough to feed two people.

1  Thank Leif G