“Great Lunch - And Breakfast!”
Review of Cafe Verona - CLOSED

Cafe Verona
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We were in town doing the tourist thing and asked one of the shop owners for a suggestion for a place to get a good sandwich at about 1 PM. This was one of his suggestions. Not a large restaurant but a little of the main road so it was not crowded. Nice people! Very good food. We liked it so well we came back the next day for the Eggs Benedict which was quite good - lots of hash browns, well made eggs benedict. You cannot go wrong here.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Verona

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We visited on Oktoberfest weekend. It was very busy, although I am sure it is most of the time anyway. Everywhere to eat was packed with people, to the extent that we did not even bother to look at what food was advertised and at what price. I did not want to be anywhere where I felt claustrophobic or where I was rushed to eat to make room for someone else. We decided to walk further from the main streets and see what other options we had. Well we stumbled across Café Verona and I am glad we did. Small, but very clean and the staff were super nice. Prices were very good, especially for beer, it was not way overpriced like most places that buy a bottle of something at Costco and inflate price threefold. Food was very reasonably priced, it was very tasty and service was speedy. I could not fault this place, and they would get my business anytime I visited.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

This is probably my favorite breakfast place in town, and the great price really is just as surprising and the quality and quantity you get. Twice now on different visits to Leavenworth I've come here for breakfast, and neither time was I disappointing. If only I didn't need to drive over the mountains for a similar experience at home.

This establishment always delivers on the quality grub, especially if you are sluggish after a late night of drinking and enjoying the events offered in town.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I was a little disappointed by this place. With it being ranked so high I guess I was expecting a little more. Their food was good so if you are looking for solid good food, they definitely have it. But I thought their choices were somewhat limited (we had breakfast). Also I thought the ambience was a little lacking. I definitely think they could add some warmer touches to make this a more inviting place to eat. I had the egg scramble and was relieved that the 4 eggs could be reduced to 2. My husband had the monte cristo and he enjoyed it very much. The OJ was nothing to write home about. For hot tea I had to wait and ask for more hot water. The service was just okay. They brought my egg scramble and the toast came later. We will probably try somewhere else for breakfast. We didn't feel like it was worth repeat business. Also, I read someone else's review that they thought this place provided them an excellent value. I thought our meal leaned towards somewhat high for what we got.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I was in town due to my wife having a business conference, so lunch was on my own. I found this place just by driving around and decided to give it a try. I was greeted promptly and nicely and seated right away. I asked for a recommendation on the Salmon burger and the waitress said it was great. I concur. It was a nice filling sandwich though the fries could have been a tad better but I'm a bit of a fry snob pretty much comparing all restaurants' fries to the fries at In-N-Out Burger, so I cant expect miracles. It has the feel more of a "locals" place and not too touristy. Several of the people that were there while I was, were having breakfast and they all seemed to be having a good time and many seemed to be regulars. So dive in if your looking for something that is not quite a Leavenworth tourist place with decent food.