“Sound of Music”

Leavenworth Summer Theater
Ranked #8 of 48 things to do in Leavenworth
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The Sound of Music was wonderful. The performance is on a mountain side overlooking the valley. It is the perfect atmosphere for the Sound of Music. However, due to its location be prepared for a small hike.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

If you can even get tickets then you can review it. Let me give you a review of the town itself. I've been listening to people brag about how great Leavenworth is for years. I was excited to finally go there. I'm glad we didn't stay in the town for $200 a night. We had several other activities planned so that was fortunate.

The restraraunts are all tourist traps with crap food. The one million nick nack shops are all tourist traps selling stupid artsy crap that always has no purpose. The only thing to do in the town besides go through their zillion crapy shops is the nutcracker museum. That was the most exciting thing to do in Leavenworth. If looking at 10 million nutcrackers is the most fun you can have somewhere them go somewhere else. This town was a total let down. Ever been to Canon Beach OR? It's so crowded you cant even park. There's a million people shoving and walking into you on the sidewalks. Leavenworth is the Canon Beach of central WA.

It took us 1 hour of circling the town to park. I wanted a soft prentzel. They were $4. No thanks.
I don't think there's anyone German in the whole town. Just store owners taking advantage of tourists. There are definatly no German cooks. This town is a waste of time. It's the kind of place a high maintenance wife drags her husband so she can buy expensive trinkets that end up in the trash after the divorce.
Do not go unless your a bleach blond trophy wife who has to spend thousands of dollars of your husbands money to feel good.

14  Thank Peace M
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Location was at the ski hill...props were professional as well as the costumes and actors. Locals from the community are involved and I must say do a spectacular job..I'm sure their are many volunteers that come on board also, Great addition to an already amazing place to visit!

1  Thank laurie188
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Sells out fast! Shows are always excellent with gorgeous setting of the beautiful mountains. Bring a sweater!

1  Thank cindy d
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Saw the Sound of Music and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. My wife drags me to plays and musicals all the time and I usually can't stand going. I was a bit skeptical about going to this, as well, but I was surprised. The setting is absolutely stunning with the mountains in the background. The acting and singing was adequate, the stage was perfect for the limited amount of space they have to work with, and the intimacy of it all really draws you in. If your in Leavenworth during the summer this is a definite must do.