“An Italian Gem in a sea of bratwurst”

Visconti's Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Visconti's Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 93 Restaurants in Leavenworth
Price range: US$12 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Steakhouse
Good for: View, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 2
Description: We feature award winning wine selections of both Italian and local wines. Add gourmet Italian cuisine and you have a recipe for a great dining experience!
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Looking for lunch on a sunny Saturday in Leavenworth became difficult. All the German restaurants with outside seating were packed with long waits. We saw what looked like a third floor rooftop restaurant with some open tables. We found Visconti’s. The indoor tables were empty and the rooftop was only 25% full- what a find. It was nicely appointed with canvas sail screens to block the sun and misters to battle the heat. The food was great. We chose a series of appetizers and enjoyed them all; Marcona Almonds, Cured Olives, Calamari in Pesto, Wood-Fire Grilled Mushrooms and a side of Italian Sausage. The calamari was large enough to be an entrée and two or three people could easily have shared the mushrooms. The service was excellent. It was a refreshing alternative from the Leavenworth German standard.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

My husband and I enjoy a nice romantic dinner. We had a cheese and meat anti=pasta platter they was very good. I had the Gnocchi and they were very fluffy and tender. A little too hot for us to eat outside but inside was very nice.

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I had lunch here today. We were looking for something other than the German fare that is so prevalent here and figured Italian would be a nice change. So happy we tried it! We had a great table that overlooked the main street. Service was good, initially I thought this might be a bit more upscale than we were looking for, but we felt very comfortable. Dinner may be a bit more formal. We had two different kinds of spaghettini and thought they were both exceptional! The bread with dipping oil that came with our meal was very good, too, and the prices were very reasonable. A quick peek at the dinner menu made me think that for us, this was a better lunch option than dinner. We have 2 picky eaters and the choices for dinner were a little more exotic than lunch. Would stop here again gladly.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Went for lunch two days in a row
Had the spaghetti marinara / absolutely wonderful
The sauce was delicious !!! Our waiter was attentive and speedy

Can't ask for much better in an Italian restraunt.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We were in the mood for a good steak tonight so after asking around a bit, Visconti's name came up over and over. Had to give it a try. My son had a very nice ribeye and I took a shot at the slow cooked pot roast. Well, his steak was fantastic - - - but I won on this day. The pot roast was to die for. Just so succulent and tender and flavorful. I can't say enough about it. We also got a mushroom appetizer that was outstanding. Good service and good food. I wan't in the mood for german food tonight - Visconti's did not disappoint. Oh, and can you beat the view??? Outdoor rooftop seating nestled in a german village with mountains towering all around you. Well done.

1  Thank Doug P