“Not on the main drag but worth the hunt”
Review of The Alley Cafe

The Alley Cafe
Ranked #23 of 90 Restaurants in Leavenworth
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Anchorage, Alaska
“Not on the main drag but worth the hunt”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us by a friend who walked us to it. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, The food is excellent, portions a little too large. So nice to get something other than German food(although they have some on the menu). My only complaint was sand in the scallops. The mushroom ravioli was delicious.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank gabriellap

Marysville, Washington
“Our Favorite Restaurant”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We enjoy a meal at the Alley Cafe every time we visit Leavenworth. The food is very good, the service is great and the atmosphere is quiet and relaxing.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Monica G
Kelowna, Canada
“Everything Amazing!”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

After asking a local where we cuold eat something other than german food in Leavenworth, the Alley Cafe was suggested. We walked by to look at the menu, saw reasonable prices with a good varity of food that my picky self would enjoy, and decided to come back after 4pm for dinner (doesn't open until 4pm).

We came back around 6:30, and walked into the small front room. We were greated by the bartender, who also sat us. Brought us water right away, along wtih menus. He had about 3 other tables to serve (very small area, maybe 8 tables total). We had fresh rosemary bread on the table pretty soon after, which was very good. Our order was taken quickly and came out just as requested (me - no mushrooms).

Our food was unbelievable!! So delicious. We even asked if the pasta was homemade, but it wasn't, everything else is though. I had the italian sausage spagetti, and my husband had the peas and penne something. His plate was on the smaller side, however he raved about the taste!! One thing that surprised me was there was no fresh parmasean cheese, or even grated cheese to add.

With a bottle of wine, and dinner for 2, our bill was $70. Which is very reasonable in a small intimate cafe with very personal service!! We are defintely planning on going again when visiting Leavenworth. The bartneder/server was so great, friendly and attentive, and the food was fantastic.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank diesel1129
Port Moody
“Typical tourist quality food!”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Run of the Mill - Not a true Italian Restaurant as German Fare still on menu, Great little spot - could be great with right menu!. Very poor lighting. Awful wine even at $28 a bottle!

Visited January 2014
maryland
“great Christmas dinner”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We were here for Christmas dinner..it was very, very good and just like home..meal was great-tasted home made. Portions were plenty. Our server was super nice and the staff there was very friendly. I would definitely recommend this place and if I go back to the town, I will stop there again. Although it is not the German style, it was more on the quiet, low light side.and a great romantic place for my girlfriend and myself. Since it was Christmas night, I thank the staff for working and being open. We made reservations and were seated accordingly. No complaints.

• Visited December 2013