“Great environment, friendly service, hit and miss food”
Review of Cafe Christa - CLOSED

Cafe Christa
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Cuisines: American, German, Central European
Good for: View
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Upstairs across from the Maipole featuring German and Northwest specialties with 11 German beers on draft.
Plano, Texas
“Great environment, friendly service, hit and miss food”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

It was lunch time and we were strolling by and felt this was a convenient place to stop. We were seated right away, upper stairs with a great view. I had a 1.5 l beer huge! Great looking mug. The hefeweizen. Very tasty. The sausage platter was very good, the sauerbraten was tough and had to be sent back. The Pork that my wife had was average tasting. The service was excellent. I think that there are better places to eat. I'd rate this slightly above average. The atmosphere was ok upstairs not great rather spartan compared to downstairs.

Visited October 2013

Twin Falls, Idaho
“Nice Taste of Germany - Now known as Bavarian Bistro & Bar”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This restaurant is now known as the Bavarian Bistro & Bar. We went into this place simply because as we were walking by, 2 ladies came out and said that it was the best they ever had. So we thought we would give it a try.
We went there for both lunch and dinner. I had a snitzel for lunch and frigelle for dinner. I was very happy with both. My hubby had sausage for lunch and a sandwich for dinner and he was very pleased with his choices also.
I loved sitting by the window and looking out at the street and hearing the music from the gazebo. The setting reminded me somewhat of the restaurants I had been in, in Europe so I enjoyed myself. The waiters were very attentive and very helpful with any questions we had.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank tdchadd
Kelowna
“Excellent German meal!”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Leavenworth is a German town with several German restaurants. We had an incredible german meal and even got the german bottled beer at half price. We were very impressed with the hostess as well. I have had many german meals and the one at Cafe Christa was definately one of the best!

1 Thank melfordearl1
Redmond,WA
“New Owners, New Food, Excellent”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Cafe Christa has always been one of the better restaurants in Leavenworth, and now that it is under new ownership, it is even better than before.

Interesting additions to their menu, expanding beyond basic 'American/German' fare, have added greatly to its appeal, including even a great blackened fish item, while old favorites such as schnitzels of various types remain great, too.

A good selection of beer and wine, and good service, all add further to the experience.

I've eaten at just about every place in Leavenworth, and regularly continue to visit the town and its restaurants. TripAdvisor has a really strange ranking for the town's restaurants at present, and while I'd probably give this 4.5 rather than five stars, being as how I can only do whole star increments, I hope its extra half star 'bonus' will help the restaurant move further up the list as a whole, to a more deserved and much higher position.

Duvall, Washington, United States
“terrible”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I cannot believe this place has survived as long as it has. The food is beyond mediocre, the service slow, and the layout of the restaurant is very strange. really will be surprised if it is still there next year.